“Comfortable but tiny room” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley

You added Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11200 York Rd, Hunt Valley, MD 21030 (Formerly Comfort Inn Hunt Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Hunt Valley
Portland, OR
“Comfortable but tiny room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here just one night and got a good night's sleep. The room and bathroom were really small, though. Smaller than any room I have ever had at a HIE. Everything was there -- including an armoire since there wasn't a closet -- it was just arranged very closely. And the bathroom was a bit of a challenge with limited counter space and careful positioning needed to close the door. It was all fine for one night but I think for a longer stay I would look into upgrading to a suite.

Also, we noticed a lot of dogs barking outside starting at about 8:00am, almost as if there were a dog kennel nearby. We were staying in the back of the property. Thankfully we were already awake but it was a bit surprising.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
James S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We appreciate the opportunity to have you visit with us and value your comments. Your comfort, care and security are important to us. Maintaining a well conditioned and clean facility is paramount to our mission here. The disturbance created by the barking of dogs is unique in that we do not allow animals and there are no kennels in the immediate area. We would certain enjoy having you return in the future when your travels bring you back to Hunt Valley.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Hyattsville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I recently attended a conference in Hunt Valley, Maryland and debated for several days before settling on the Holiday Inn Express as my hotel location.I must say I was not disappointed! My reservation was on file when I arrived and the young lady at the desk was friendly and professional . I was placed in a nice room on the 7th floor that was clean and comfortable . My two day stay was pleasant and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Hunt Valley area. Good value, great service made an overall wonderful stay!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments concerning your most recent visit with us. We appreciate your business and look forward to your returning in the near future.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hallway was dirty and smelled poorly. The room was small and a poor value for the area we were in. It felt like bugs were crawling on me all night. Hence very little sleep. I will never stay at this location again. Jwarrington@ppclubricants.com

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Your comments are very important to us. Though we enjoy hearing the great thinks guest have to say about the hotel we appreciate hearing about what may not have gone well. We are committed to creating and maintaining our corridors to the same quality standards as the guest rooms and public spaces. Providing Free Complimentary Breakfast daily, along with free wireless internet access, USA Today News Paper, complimentary on site parking and free local phone calls, at very reasonable rates adds tremendous value for the guest who stay with us. We certainly would like the opportunity to have you return to the hotel and look forward to seeing you again in the future. If there is anything I can do to assist you, please feel free to contact me.
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This Holiday Inn Express looks to have been renovated in last few years. The rooms were small but made the most of the small space - the bathrooms in particular were quite usable with plenty of counter space in an otherwise small room. The front desk staff were quite friendly. The breakfast was nice and they kept the food well stocked.

The challenge is that there are lots of sirens - the firehouse is nearby and if you have a room on the frontside of the hotel you hear the sirens and just the general traffic noise from a busy road.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not on the street side of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear dagsmith,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. It is great to hear you found our front desk friendly and the breakfast nice. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it is regrettable you had inconvenience with the noise. Please remain assured that we have recorded your comments and will forward them to the appropriate departments for future considerations. We value your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back again very soon.

Once again many thanks for your review and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Comstock Park, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Seems new and newly decorated. Room was all appointed, but double bedded room was quite small. We stayed on the street side and was very noisy, which was surprising given that we were on the 6th floor! Stay on the back side if at all possible. Was very surprised that we were not on the that given they were not busy and we are platinum members.

Room Tip: on the rear parking lot side
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share you comments with us. The valuable information we receive from you helps us to better improve our service and facility.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

nice hotel and staff near fair grounds were we had a show good breakfast plenty of indoor outdoor parking nice reception area free newspaper had a problem with rate and staff was helpful and problem rectified

Room Tip: all rooms OK
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. Hearing that your concerns were addressed, to your satisfaction, when brought to the attention of the staff is welcoming and reflect the care and concern our associate have for the guest while they are visiting with us. Once again, I thank you and look forward to your returning again in the future.
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2015

The ownership, management and staff seem to have a clear and steady fix on the right value proposition for guests who want a clean and comfortable accommodation together with world-class customer care and a friendly, courteous, helpful staff INCLUDING housekeeping. On these essential particulars, I can't think of any hotel anywhere or at any price which is superior. And the breakfast ain't bad, either!

But let us not dissemble, here. The Holiday Inn Express at Hunt Valley is not, and does purport to be, a "luxury" accommodation. You won't find Waterford cut crystal stemmed glassware in your room; you'll find those plastic wrapped cups. You won't find heated towel racks, but you will have towels so fluffy and absorbent they'll drink up Lake Erie. And you won't find a valet to park your car, but you'll find convenient space on the double deck parking garage and lot in front -mere steps away from the hotel proper. Nor should you expect breakfast to be served on sterling platters by a white-lipped waiter. But you will find a full bar of hot and cold items and a zealously helpful and humorous attendant. Last time I checked, there was no isolated "business center," but there is a computer of recent issue and a heavy duty HP printer in the lobby area. And let's be realistic: many people these days bring their computers with them to use in their room. That purpose is well served by a high octane house wireless system, whose access points are independently distributed on each floor. Speed and latency are just not a problem.

The desk staff will bend over backwards to assist you, unlike snootier places where you might worry if you are bothering someone with your trivial complaint about a nest of bats hanging over the tub area.

One reviewer complained that the neighborhood made them a bit nervous. I'm not sure why. Yes, this is the Balto. outskirts with the expected used car lost and fast food joints. But it scarcely qualifies as a high crime area. If it is a decent evening meal you want, walk to the Silver Spring Mining company next door, and get your 10% discount when you present your room key. And if it is crime that concerns you, take some comfort from the police substation about one block north. And here's a bonus - the hotel even has its own traffic light in case you need to cross traffic to enter the parking area.

I'm not one to take towels or other property from hotel rooms as a "souvenir." But I'll confess I've thought about stealing the entire bed. It is as if the bed was made just for ME. And the linens are so clean I wonder if anyone else ever actually slept there.

I've often stayed at this property and would retire there, if I could. Over the years -and this is HUGE- I have noticed that all these positive points have been consistently maintained or improved. Maybe I just got lucky, but if that is true, I did so more times then I can count. Here's the deal. This is one of 3 or 4 local hotels owned by the same people (that's PEOPLE, not some nameless investment group who trade hotels as if they were on a Monopoly board). Thus the local staff has a fair degree of autonomy to "do the right thing." And when they need to check with the front office, they need not plow through layers of some dreadful bureaucracy. That is, these people are empowered, and by some miracle of selection, they are all ABOUT hospitality.

Enjoy this remarkable, first rate property.

Room Tip: Steer away from the elevators, which are centrally located. Doors opening and closing, people chatte...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
James S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley, responded to this review, February 28, 2015
Thank You for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley. I was pleased to read that we met or exceeded your expectations. That is our goal to make sure every guest has an exceptional stay starting with our friendly staff and clean,comfortable rooms,and fantastic Express Start Breakfast. I hope when in the Baltimore area you will stay with the Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley I would enjoy meeting a valued guest of the hotel.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley? Share your experiences!