“Trucker's Paradise” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley

You added Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11200 York Rd, Hunt Valley, MD 21030 (Formerly Comfort Inn Hunt Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Hunt Valley
Toronto, Canada
“Trucker's Paradise”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I can't say I was overly impressed by the Holiday Inn Express. The amenities were basic, and the clientele was a mixed bag from truckers to business types. I found the hotel rather noisey in the evenings, and seemed to have a higher than average count of somewhat unsavoury guests hanging around in the lobby and outside. There's nothing "wrong" with the hotel. It's just not my cup of tea.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
James S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank You for your review of the Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations as our number 1 goal is Great Guest Service ,Clean,Comfortable rooms in a safe environment. I can assure you this hotel is looks out for our guest safety making sure they are at ease at all times. I hope if you are in the Hunt Valley area again you will give us a chance. I do apologize for not meeting your expectations,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

We have stayed here twice as this hotel is conveniently located to Baltimore's John Hopkins. It's clean, comfortable, and the beds are soft with tons of good pillows. There is a really nice mall near by with various quick food venues such as Chipotle or Noodles & Company. Request a room away from York Road. Breakfast is available and reasonably good...they feature those warm, tasty Holiday Inn cinnamon rolls. A good place for one or two nights.

Room Tip: Rooms away from York Road are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
James S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley, responded to this review, November 20, 2014
Thank You for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley. Our goal at the hotel is to make all our guest feel as if they are at home. Our number 1 priority is guest service with clean,comfortable rooms,and a great Express Breakfast. I see you were able to visit the Hunt Valley Mall with the different eating establishments and the wonderful shops in the mall. I hope you were able to visit the Pennsylvania Dutch Market across the street from the hotel it is a wonderful Market. Thank you for the great review and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Hunt Valley area.
Reisterstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

Went for a girls scrapbook weekend - hotel is just about a year old - very nice for an Holiday Inn Express!! I have stayed in 3 others and they are just a plain, basic hotel and rooms. This place is so clean and new looking- décor is very nice. My bed was so comfy I didn't want to get out of it! Breakfast was offered each morning. Better than just coffee and pastry - they had eggs, bacon and pancakes - plus fruit, yogurt and pastries, cereals. We booked the conf room for the weekend for our group - it was very nice and clean!

Room Tip: ask for a room on backside of hotel on a high floor - it's quieter.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
James S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley, responded to this review, November 15, 2014
Thank You for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley and placing pictures on the website. We do our very best to insure our guest receive the best service with clean and comfortable rooms with a great Express Start Breakfast. I was pleased to read that we met your expectations and also received great service with your meeting room. I hope when back in the area you will use the Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley for your Meeting and Lodging needs.
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

A clean, comfortable and quiet (even with a lacrosse team staying here) room, free WiFi, a friendly staff and a decent breakfast. Close to shopping, restaurants and a church we wanted to stop at. If we are in the area again, we'll definitely stop!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank You for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley. I am pleased we met your expectations. We take pride in knowing that our guest when checking in, that our hotel is their Home Away from Home. Offering great guest service with a clean,comfortable room with an excellent Express Start Breakfast with the variety of breakfast items available such as our Cinnamon Rolls,Eggs,Omelets,Sausage,Bacon,Sausage Gravy,Fresh Fruit,Yogurts,Cereals,Bagels,French Toast,and our Signature pancake machine for fresh Pancakes these are just some of the items we offer. I hope the next time when in the area you will use the Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley for your lodging needs as I would enjoy meeting a valued guest.
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

I've now stayed at this hotel twice in less than 6 months. The first time everything was pretty OK but the noise on York Road was VERY loud and we were on the 5th floor. I booked the hotel a second time because their rates were much better than everything else in the area (I should have known). So I called them about 4 days prior to my check in and asked for a room on the back of the hotel to be away from the noise. I was informed that only Kings were on the back of the hotel and I needed 2 doubles as it was my sister and I in town for a lacrosse tournament with our daughters. So, I asked Jamaal to be sure that we were put on the 7th floor to be as far away from the noise as possible. He assured me that was no problem. My sister checked in as I was coming from work travel. She knew the deal with getting a room on the 7th floor and was told sorry those were all taken - right we had requested one of those. "No, you were not assigned one of those." HUH? When you got off the elevator on our floor their was a peculiar smell (puke maybe) that the desk did nothing about. The first morning I asked the front desk if they could fill my thermos with steaming hot water and they told me the breakfast crew wasn't available yet. GREAT thanks for your assistance! The next morning I learned that there is a faucet in the kitchen that provides instant hot water! Yeah, thanks front desk for your assistance <-- that's good customer service right there!

Room Tip: Don't stay here is the best tip I can give you!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
James S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley, responded to this review, November 12, 2014
Thank You for writing a review of the Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley. I was disappointed to read about your stay at the hotel. This is definitely not typical of the service we offer at this hotel. When you ask for a room in a certain area then we will do our very best to make sure we meet those request. We do have 24 hour coverage at the hotel and when there is a problem reported it is our job to respond and take care of these issues immediately . I do apologize also for the staff not getting hot water for your thermos, that certainly is not what our guest service is about. Making sure our guest are comfortable and pleased with high levels of service is our goal. I would like you to give me a call as I would like to make this right for you. I can be reached at 410-527-1500 and ask for Jim Sauers I am the General Manager of the hotel. Again please let me apologize for not meeting your expectations that is expected from a Holiday Inn Express Hotel.
Atlantic Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

We had a room in the back and it was very quiet. The room was tiny but managed to accommodate a king-size bed (and the bed was great). The bathroom is quite small.....have to close the door before sitting down! Very clean, super friendly people. Yummy cookies, Halloween treats, and real eggs & bacon for breakfast. Towels weren't thick or plush but they did the job just fine. We'll gladly return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

James S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley, responded to this review, November 9, 2014
Thank You for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley. I was pleased to read that we met or exceeded your expectations. That is our goal to make sure every guest has an exceptional stay starting with our friendly staff and clean,comfortable rooms,and fantastic Express Start Breakfast. I hope when in the Baltimore area you will stay with the Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley I would enjoy meeting a valued guest of the hotel.
Enterprise, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014 via mobile

Visited Hunt Valley on a business trip for a few days. Booked at the HIE based on reviews and personal experiences but I have really mixed opinion about my recent stay here. The hotel itself isn't bad but my room (212) was really noisy.

This hotel seems like a renovated older facility some signs of wear in the halls and elevator but it is modernized and tasteful. Check-in was a little slow, several customers were waiting with only one attendant, but I was handled efficiently. The room appeared to be clean and functional however, I didn't get much sleep.

My room air conditioner would squeal when cycling, the toilet was making noise as it refilled from a slow leak. But, the worst part was hearing the elevator go up and down all night. I did not realize it right away or I would have requested a different room.

I did use the fitness facility in the morning. The cardio machines seemed to be in good condition, the TV worked, and towels and water were available.

However, based on my experience that night, I skipped breakfast and decided to check out and find somewhere else.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
James S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley, responded to this review, October 30, 2014
Thank You for taking the time to write a review of the Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley. I was disappointed that you were not able to get rest do to noise from HVAC unit and the elevator and toilet. We do have a preventive maintenance program at the hotel that our maintenance do a detailed maintenance on every room per quarter. I had maintenance check your room and fix what you had mentioned. Please give me a call at the hotel so I can make this right for you my number is 410-527-1500 and ask for Jim Sauers (General Manager). I hope you will give us another chance when in the Hunt Valley area for your lodging needs. I do apologize for a uncomfortable stay. I was pleased with the cleanliness of the room and your were able to utilize some of the facilities.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley? Share your experiences!