“Pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11200 York Rd, Hunt Valley, MD 21030 (Formerly Comfort Inn Hunt Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Hunt Valley
USAFret
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It had been a year since I had stayed at this hotel and I was very pleased with it. The room was clean and comfortable and the bathroom facilities were fine. The air conditioner was a bit noisy and the lettering had worn off of the controls so it was a bit of a challenge but these are minor points. The exercise room is small but well equipped. The breakfast was very good with a number of selections and the room has ample seating. However, the line is close to the tables so it can be a little cramped. There is a covered indoor parking lot in back of the hotel. The entrance to the hotel is supposed to work off of your key but I found that it did not work and the door was apparently always open. Overall the hotel is well maintained and the staff I interacted with were very friendly. Just attend to the minor points, especially the parking garage door, and this will be a truly fine place to stop.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
James S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank You for taking the time to write a review on the Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley. I was pleased to hear about your stay. The staffs number 1 goal is our guest service. I will be looking into those matters you mentioned especially the garage door look we will repair that quickly. I hope when in the area again you will use the Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley for your hospitality needs and I look forward to meeting you on your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I guess I couldn't believe that things couldn't be as bad as my first stay at this hotel (see Brutal - Stay #1). Well, I was wrong. Here is what I l forwarded to IHG Guest Relations:
1. Upon arriving back to my room the first day, a wet cloth was left on my luggage
2. The towel selection upon arrival was not maintained during my stay, with fewer towels and selection
3. After second day, the used coffee filter was not removed and the carafe was not cleaned and decaf coffee pack was not replaced (I went to the desk to get another one).
4. On two occasions between 7:30 - 8:00 AM, there was no caffeinated coffee available for over 15 minutes (we had to leave)
5. On last morning, the refrigerator with milk, yogurt, etc. was locked, with a sign posted - see attendant for mile, yogurt - many people tried to open it to no avail
6. On last morning, the pancake machine was out of service
7. One of my associates arrived at the end of the day to find his door open (latch propped between door and jamb); he was told that the attendants often work several rooms and keep the doors open this way and they must have forgotten to close it.
8. Newspaper was left at door only on last morning.
9. The tables and chairs are almost impossible to navigate around especially when occupied; too many of them jammed into the dining area.
10. The fitness area TV does not have the same channels as the guest rooms; e.g., no Sunday or Monday night football games

Incredible - wait, there's more. See 'Brutal - Stay #3' I will be moving on to another place. I realized that it was not a bad dream.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
James S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank You for taking the time to write your review of the Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley. I do understand your frustrations with all that has happened while staying at our hotel. I have taken over as General Manager as of September 8,2014 and you can be assured any problems will be addressed by me and immediate action will be taken to correct these problems. I do sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences and problems you encountered at the hotel. If you could please call me I would like to make this situation right as to show we are about guest service at the Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley. Please call James Sauers at 410-527-1500 I would like to speak with you to make this right.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Supplied shampoo bottle caps snap off and easily fall through shower corner soap trays and plug drains or cause one to slip on tub surface.

Coffee packs are near impossible to open without a sharp tool. No edge slit was apparent. I guess this will reduce the cost of coffee for the hotel ;).

Breakfast shortage due to seniors' charter group. One morning, there was no coffee available during our breakfast between 7:30 and 7:50 am. We left without coffee. Better planning required to ensure large groups do not impact regular business clients.

Newspaper at door was explicitly promised for each morning. This happened only the first of 4 mornings during the stay.

Room door was open / unlocked upon arriving the first night. As well, a gross piece of who-knows-what was on the room floor in front of the work table beside chair.

Tv connection / cable was loose causing loss of signal with slightest swivel.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Larry V,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we were not able to exceed your expectations with our amenities. I truly appreciate your comments, since this is the most efficient way for us to constantly improve our services.

Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to welcome you again.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2014

Overall, my stay at this Holiday Inn Express was above average. Breakfast was a delight as always and the staff were great especially housekeeping. Wonderful personalities and great attitudes. The housekeeper who serviced my room was Dontrel. She was such a cheerful individual and went above and beyond to provide more than adequate customer service from keeping our room totally clean each day to just asking if everything was going well with our stay. Thank you again. I enjoyed my stay and look forward in coming back soon.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2014

This is a standard Holiday Inn Express hotel and ably delivers on the experience I have come to expect: comfortable bed, free internet, warm breakfast, and friendly service.

This building seems to be wedged into a weird sized and slightly smaller lots, so the rooms are a bit smaller than some other Holiday Inn Expresses and the hotel has underground parking. But neither affected my stay and the hotel can be easily recommended.

Very close to Wegman's and not too far from the highway.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear SAC-from-Montreal,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

I really have no big complaints except that our a/c wasn't working right. By the middle of the first night it was making awful noises, spitting out water and some sort of dirt/oil/soot was gathering on the vent! We had to turn it off and it got pretty muggy. They said there were no other rooms and attempted to have maintenance (nice guy) fix it. It was quieter but not super cool/cold after that. By the next morning it was dirty and spitting out water again.
Room was clean and comfortable and pretty roomy compared to some. Breakfast was really pretty good (COLD to sit in the back part though). Coffee was great the first day (watery the second). All in all we were satisfied. Wish the a/c had been better. Very close to lots of shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed August 2014
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

This Holiday Inn Express delivered just what we expected from from this chain. Service was friendly, the room clean and the bed and bedding comfortable. The breakfast was good and well kept by the attendant. We especially liked the hotel's proximity to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley? Share your experiences!