“Nice place better employees!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley to your Saves list
Expedia.com IHG
Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11200 York Rd, Hunt Valley, MD 21030 (Formerly Comfort Inn Hunt Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Hunt Valley
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nice place better employees!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

My husband and I was staying a few days in Maryland and needed a place to crash, so when we ran across this property we decided to check it out at first glance the building looked very nice, the parking lot was very clean with many spaces and free might I add(which is always great)! Check in was fast and the clerk was friendly however the rooms are not really big but it was very clean and smelled really nice, the breakfast was and good especially the pancakes but the best part of the whole experience was talking to housekeepers who were all a delight but our favorite was a young lady by the name of Brittany.. She was extremely polite kept a smile on her face and did a heck of a job cleaning our room so much that we only wanted her to clean for us! All in all it was a nice experience and we will be returning if we're in the area... P.s. Ask for Brittany with her you are guaranteed great service!

• Stayed April 2014
Andrew P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are thrilled to hear our employees, specifically Brittany, were able to provide you friendly great service! She is a great asset to our team here and we look forward to seeing you again during your next trip to the area!

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Had the best experience in years at this hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful, breakfast food was awesome and they gave me free perks from a welcome snack of my choice and even offered free tube of Colgate toothpaste when they realized I forgot mine. Didn't have to leave for anything, and ended up staying longer than necessary because I felt so comfortable! Wish they had an indoor pool though?! Lol

• Stayed March 2014
Andrew P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words about our staff and hotel! We always strive to exceed guest expectations and are very glad to hear you felt comfortable and at home with us! We hope to see you during your next visit to Hunt Valley!
Ljubljana, Slovenia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Stayed two nights and asked for a top floor room. The rooms with two beds only face the street, which turned out to be quite bothersome as you could hear traffic noise all night long. The room was recently updated, so the decor and the furniture were OK. However this was the smallest HIE room I've ever been in. After you put down your suitcases, there is almost no space to move around. The sofa chair was positioned in the corner, behind the closet and could not be reached if the closet doors were open. The bathroom was tiny as well, you needed to get in first to be able to close the door behind you.The room door was in need of replacement, very worn out and didn't close smoothly at all.
Breakfast was OK, the usual HIE.
I asked to use their business center and was told they don't have one. Instead they invited me in the back room behind the check-in desk and let me use the manager's computer. Weird.
The staff was nice and friendly all the time.
All in all my stay was average, however somewhat on the lower end for HIE hotel chain. You can really tell it used to be a Comfort Inn and not the HIE from the begining.

Room Tip: If you don't need to beds ask for a room away from the street, they are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Slo-Lju,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the room layout prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Best hotel experience I have had in years. Check in was fast and easy. Front desk staff was friendly and offered me a choice of rooms. The room was really pretty and cozy. loved the Bath and bodywork toiletries. All of the staff was friendly and helpful. If I didn't love this hotel already, I definitely did one I tried the breakfast. Of course they had lots of fruit, cereal and Danishes. They had sausage, scrambled eggs and coffee. All that was to be expected with a free breakfast. What I didn't expect was a Pancake Machine. With the push of a button this thing turns out a tasty flapjack. Overall experience was great. Cant wait to stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Easton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express with my wife and my daughter on Saturday night, November 23rd. I booked a room for 3 adults through Hotwire.com the night before our arrival. Upon arriving, we were greeted by a very courteous and friendly staff member, Jamal. Our room was to be on the seventh floor, where, Jamal explained, that a party that took up the rest of the floor, had the potential to get noisy and that we might not have a good night’s sleep up there. The rest of the rooms in the hotel, which can accommodate 3 adults were already taken with the exception of a room on the second floor, which had just a king size bed. At this point I asked if I could get a refund and I would go somewhere else, but because I booked through Hotwire, this was not an option.

We asked if we could get a rollaway and our request was honored and brought up to the room within 5 minutes. The room was very small, the rollaway just fitting into the only available space in the room. The heater was on the noisy side. Everything else in the room was fine. There were plenty of toiletries, towels, etc. Internet access from the room was easy to get. I slept ok, my wife’s sleep was disturbed several times by people coming in through the back door of the hotel. The room we were in, room 212, sits directly above this hotel entrance. My daughter didn’t sleep well at all on the rollaway. Perhaps it was because she was close to the door. The room itself did not seem to be very well insulated for sound as one could here voices, footsteps, etc., from the hallway and adjacent rooms.

The hot breakfast was just as the property said it would be. Eggs, sausage, pancakes, fruits, buns, breads, juices, cereal all were available. And it was all good. The dining area was large and had plenty of available seating.

As we were there just to get a good night’s sleep before getting back on the road the following morning, we did not take advantage of any of the amenities that this establishment offered.

Because the staff probably saved us from a potentially sleepless night and did the best they could to accommodate us under the circumstances, I would rate them as excellent. However, because the room we did decide to take didn’t really meet up to our expectations, I would rate the room a bit below average, hence my overall rating of just average. Should we find ourselves in the area again, I would most likely choose a different property to stay the night, however I would stay at this Holiday Inn Express if that’s all that was available in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Andrew P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear you didn't find our rooms to your satisfaction! We greatly appreciate your feedback and will work diligently to address your concerns. I am glad Jamal and the rest of our staff were able to make your stay as comfortable as possible and sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations during your next trip to the area!
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

A typical Holiday Inn Express, which is intended as compliment, this chain has consistently high standards. Not a new hotel but recently refurbished. All the usual facilities and one of the best breakfast spreads we've encountered. No pool, however. Free wi-fi, large flat screen TV, microwave and fridge in the room. Quiet air conditioner. The staff were uniformly friendly and helpful. Plenty of free parking spaces. Several good restaurants in the immediate area. The rooms at the rear are quiet. No public transit on York Road but the Baltimore Light Rail line to downtown has a station about ten minutes walk away on Schiller Road.

Room Tip: Others have commented on traffic noise in the front rooms, so ask for a room at the rear.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Asia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

My first impression:  Same as other reviewers, this Holiday Inn appears to be a refurbished older hotel, and it shows in spots. Outside looks like it had a been repainted and freshened up. The lobby is very simple, but looks dated, though. Elevators also felt old and dark.

The heavy metal doors are the reminders of the original hotel.  Noisey room doors that squeezed and clanked, and voices easily penetrate into the room from the hallway.  Bathrooms were updated nicely with bright taps, new tub with shower, and furnishings.  The room's furniture and paint look fairly fresh and modern.  Carpet was in very good shape too.  There was a queen-size pullout sofa bed.  Large flat screen tv, microwave and mid-sized refrig.  Nice sized wardrobe with iron and ironing board, and a small office desk.  King bed was firm with extra long pillows, and modern headboard with ample lights, but the bedding lacked crispness.  Room was average size with a single window.

We stayed on the top floor, but there was a low humming constantly in our room, so we changed.  Definitely, there was traffic noise at the front of the hotel, but our room was at the back which was quieter, with the exception of occasional barking dogs from the Hunt Valley Animal Hospital right beside the hotel.

Breakfast was complimentary in a nice lounge area on the first floor.  It was actually pretty good with: hot and cold drinks, cereal, bagels, muffins, yummy cinnamon buns, self-serve pancakes, biscuits and gravy (nice), scrambled eggs and sausage, yogurt, and fruit.  No complaints here.

Well, it was overall worth the 5000 Hilton points per night.  But, there are other options for a hotel within very short driving distance, choose wisely. Basically, this was a good average hotel.  Free wireless - the way it should be! Employees were very helpful.  And, oh yes, complimentary bottled water and snacks for Platinum members, of course.

Room Tip: Room towards the back, not on 7th floor though
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear LaoBlue,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I appreciate your compliments regarding our breakfast and staff. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for the shortfalls you have encountered. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley? Share your experiences!