“A most pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11200 York Rd, Hunt Valley, MD 21030 (Formerly Comfort Inn Hunt Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Hunt Valley
USAFret
“A most pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I had stayed at this property before when it was operated by another major chain and there was much room for improvement. Holiday Inn has really turned the place around! The lobby, elevators, breakfast area, and most importantly the rooms were all remodeled. The room was spotless and comfortable with a couch that was a nice alternative to laying on the bed to watch TV or read. The Wall Street Journal was provided in the morning. The breakfast was typical for a Holiday Inn but very nice and put out promptly at 7:00. The staff was very accommodating. It is not an inexpensive stay but it is the best price available in the area for a comparable property. There are several nice restaurants in a mall just a few blocks away and several other options in the hotel's immediate area. If you are coming to Hunt Valley or the Baltimore area this is an excellent place to stop.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Andrew P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel! We are very glad to hear you enjoyed our accomadations and hope to see you back during your next trip to the Hunt Valley area!

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I was leary about staying here after reading a few negative reviews.. I'm glad I decided to.. I'm not sure where those negative reviewers stayed because this hotel is wonderful! The perfect location.. Perfect room.. Perfectly delicious breakfast buffet... We have absolutely no complaints.. This place exceeded our expectations.. Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Andrew P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel! It is always nice to hear we were able to exceed our guest expectations and wee hope to see you again soon!
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Upon entering the lobby we were warmly greeted by Rosalind, the manager. She allowed us to check in early as we had to get ready for an afternoon wedding. The room was clean and smelled fresh, the beds were super comfy and we slept amazingly! It was a quiet, family oriented hotel and the only negative was the air condition unit. We couldn't get the unit to ever put out cool air. We only stayed one night so never worried with calling it in. The breakfast was super for a continental offering, pancakes, danishes, granola, cereal, breads galore, eggs and sausage, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, fruit and more! The staff were all super friendly and helpful and we would definitely stay again. There is an Amish market across the street, a converted garage bbq restaurant down the road to the right as well as a shopping center with all sorts of shops and eateries back towards the 83 exit. Very convenient location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Keedysville, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have stayed at many Holiday inn Express hotels and have enjoyed my stay in all of them. This location needs some help. First, it is on a main road and you can hear the traffic. My room smelled like dog urine. It had no toilet paper on the roll. there was a roll wrapped in paper under the sink. The trim around the bathroom floor was also misisng, really no bi deal but it did look dumpy. the staff was polite and the breakfast was good. Not a place i would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear skzkitty,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We’re sorry that you received room accommodations that was less-than-satisfactory due to the noise challenges and unacceptable cleanliness of the room. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel for several years, through three brand changes. We come up in the area for the Shore Leave science fiction convention every summer.

The good: Breakfast was by far the best I've had through any iteration of this hotel.

The bad: We arrived early on Friday. I've never had an issue getting checked in early. This time, I was informed that it was too early to check in, and we should come back later. The guy didn't even bother to look us up in the computer, see if maybe they had some King rooms open. Nope, just "come back later".

So we checked in later. Free bottled water isn't much of a Priority Member perk when I can get a whole case of it for $4 at Food Lion. Checking in when I arrived between 12:30 and 1pm, that would have been nice.

Saturday evening, we returned very late from the convention, around 3AM. The back door from the upper parking garage was locked. So we had to go around the front. The front, rather than having a keycard reader, had a buzzer. We buzzed. The guy working the night desk looked really annoyed that we bothered him, buzzed us in, and didn't say one word to us as we walked to the elevators.

Parking at this hotel is a challenge, because the location just doesn't allow for much of a lot. This weekend, there was a small flatbed truck parked diagonally in the corner of the upper lot and a camper taking up 4 whole spaces along the side. Really?

I really like staying at this property because of the location. However, the rudeness of the staff gives me pause about coming back here, because I haven't had any issues like this when it was a Hampton Inn or Comfort Inn. We never had to wait to check in, and we certainly never had to play games to get inside after coming in late. This property isn't in a high crime area, so I question the need to inconvenience guests by forcing them to play musical doors at 3AM.

Also, I hear that Holiday Inn Express typically forces to you pay your entire bill upfront when booking online. That didn't happen to me this time, as I booked when the hotel was between brands, but I assure you, if I'm prompted to do so when making plans for next year's Shore Leave I'll be staying somewhere else. I've never had to pay for a hotel up-front, and I'm not about to start.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from York Road. Otherwise, the traffic noise will wake you up in the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Andrew P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Good day. First and foremost I would like to apologize for any negative interactions you had with our staff. Certainly we do not condone the type of interacation you described in your comments. I am confident in our ability to exceed your expectations not only in service but as a product and brand during your next trip to Hunt Valley and we hope to see you then!
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were in for a Lax tournament so it was a busy weekend for the hotel. Wanda at check-in was friendly and helpful. Room was clean, nice decor, very small bathroom. No pool. Breakfast was stocked regularly, they were well staffed for the amount of people at breakfast. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed this past week for several days. I was met by very friendly and helpful desk staff. I was handed an ice cold water bottle upon my arrival (last week was a heat wave and being a Priority club member it was a welcome touch!) The lobby smelled clean, and upon entering my room, I was very pleased. This hotel was recently redone and they did a great job. I read before that is was another name/chain before it was a Holiday Inn. My experience was a very clean, well appointed room and comfy bed and pillows (they label the outer pillowcase so you know which is soft, medium or firm.) There was even an iron and ironing board which was great. The TV was a nice big one. Breakfast was was a good selection of cereals, yogurts and various style eggs were available each morning. I forgot my toothbrush and was given one right away. The ONLY thing I could say could be done differently, is the toilet paper is hung on the wall opposite the toilet so it was a little reach. I will stay here again next year when I return for the same sporting event and will recommend this to others traveling there as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley? Share your experiences!