“good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11200 York Rd, Hunt Valley, MD 21030 (Formerly Comfort Inn Hunt Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Hunt Valley
Mechanicville, New York
“good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed for a weekend - 2 adults and 3 kids in one room. The reservation was messed up (did not have any rooms left with 2 doubles although we had reserved that) BUT the front desk staff were very nice. They got us set up in a room that worked out and brought the price down. The room was small but recently renovated and really felt clean. The phone in our room was not working properly - I tried to call the front desk and they could not hear me but within a few minutes a maintenance man was at our door to address the issue and when I told him I had called to ask for towels he immediately went and retrieved towels for us. The free breakfast was definitely every bit as good as any other free breakfast that I have had in a hotel.
Noise was not a problem at all and the King bed in our room was quite comfortable.
I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Rochester, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

So, I am currently staying here - June 11 and 12. If I could check out, I would; however I prepaid via Priceline. Thus, I am stuck.
This is perhaps the worst hotel I have ever stayed in and I have stayed in many. Apparently it was a Comfort Inn until fairly recently and is located on York Rd. in Hunt Valley. The location is good in that it is near many restaurants and shops.
The room and the bathroom are extremely small; smaller than the rooms in boutique hotels in Manhattan. In order to close the bathroom door, you have to squeeze yourself sideways in between the toilet and the tri-cornered angled sink. The armoire doors open into the side of the bed.
The desk is located next to the wall/window AC unit; if you have the air on, the fan blows directly on you as you are trying to work.
We could not open the window because the screen is torn and is flapping around in the breeze like a flag.
There was a “leak” in the ceiling of the lobby; so when you enter the hotel it is all covered in plastic tarp.
There is no AC in the lobby or the Breakfast area. I asked!
There is no business center in which to print something.
The breakfast was very pre-fabricated and not that great compared with other chains. The Breakfast attendant though was very nice!
There must be NO sound proofing in the outer walls/windows and you can hear all the traffic, sirens, etc. A VERY loud room.
There is no pool.
Anyway, if you have to come to this area, stay at the Embassy Suites – we couldn’t as it was booked solid.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Andrew P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
We are sorry to hear our accommdations did not meet your needs while staying with us here in Hunt Valley. We are aware of items you mentioned and are in the process of addressing. Our breakfast room expansion is nearing completion which will include a business center. Our A/C is tied into the expansion but once completed we will have this feature throughout the public space. Unforseen occurances may arise at times such as the leak in the lobby which we are addressing appropriately and in a timely manner. I do apologize that this specific issue occurred while you were with us but am confident it is a blip on the radar and not a trend here at our hotel. Your comments and feedback are always appreciated as we strive to provide the best service and accommadations possible. We would love the chance to meet and exceed your expectations next time you're in the area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Rude and impatient young man, who answered my late night availability inquiry call (midnight 6/2/13) with an attitude as if I was bothering him at such an inconvenient hour. This was cause enough to seek accommodations elsewhere. Reviewed by hospitality executive.

• Stayed June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Gmoney3204,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I deeply regret that you were inconvenienced with the service you received with our staff. Rest assured that your comments will be forwarded to the appropriate departments to consider for improvements needed at our facility.

Again, thanks for your candid review and my apologies about the inconvenience.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
No. VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Ok so the room was exceedingly small, it was at least clean and recently remodeled. However, two of the four lamps did not work and we were installed right next to the elevator. My husband and son had to move the sofa bed so they could actually open it. Well, it's only one night we thought. We had to be up and out by 6:45 for our first soccer match. We were in bed with lights out by 11:00. And then came the wedding party....at about 11:45 a huge group of young people stumbled out of the elevator and proceeded to have their party "part 2" in the hall right outside our room. I gave it a couple minutes but they did not go into rooms so I opened my door and asked them to "please move along." The noises continued for another 30 to 40 minutes with people coming and going out of rooms all along the hall. We finally called the front desk clerk who called the police. Apparently we weren't the first room to complain. Not sure WHAT time it finally ended. Then to wake up and realize there was no breakfast out until 7:00 was a disappointment but something we should have checked on first. Would NEVER stay here again. Dies anyone think about where they put you in a hotel, for instance weren't other rooms available that weren't on the same floor as the wedding party??

• Stayed May 2013
Andrew P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
First and foremost thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay. I apologize for the maintenance, and the noise issues you incurred. We as a management team take your comments very seriously and share them with our staff in our continous ongoing effort to provide the best service possible going forward. I am confident in our team and hotel's ability to meet your traveling expectations in the future and hope you decide to return!

Andrew
Forest, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

If I could, I would probably give this property a 3.5 and often I would round it up to a 4 but I want this property to strive to improve so I'm giving it a 3.

This property used to be a Comfort Inn and apparently has gone through a full remodel and reopened as a HI Express just two months ago. I was greeted by a front desk clerk who was very efficient as well as very friendly. Unfortunately, the lobby AC was under repair on this very humid day and I couldn't wait to get to my room and crank down the AC in there.

I had reserved a king leisure room which was nicely appointed with all new furnishings. I was a little surprised at the size of the room. It reminded me of a big city downtown hotel. The room was pretty much "filled out" with all the furnishings. The bathroom is fairly tight as well but is workable for the average size person. The TP holder is strangely behind the door. Overall, the room was spotless except the maid had left the soap & shampoo from the previous guest at opposite ends of the tub.

The workout room was nice with high-end equipment in good working order. The breakfast area had a good selection of the typical HIE faire, however, like all HIE's the fresh fruit left something to be desired. This particular HIE only had bananas out that were on the green side. Every HIE I stay at either has fruit that is overly-ripe or not ripe enough.

Anyway, to sum this property up. It has a lot of potential. It's in a nice area and close to lots of restaurants and was priced reasonably considering its proximity to Baltimore, however, be prepared for a fairly small room. I will come back here again knowing what to expect and hoping the few kinks get worked out.

Room Tip: The hotel is fairly close to a busy road so you might want to ask for a room on the backside.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us! I am glad you found our hotel and area to your satisfaction. As a management team we share all comments with our staff and I am confident we will be able to fix some of the kinks and exceed your expectations during your next trip to Hunt Valley! We hope to see you again!

Andrew
Collegeville, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This former Comfort Inn has some nice new renovated rooms (we had the two double bed room) with a nice new HDTV and good channel choices too. Each bed had four pillows and the new lights by the bed are designed not to keep the other bed lit. The bathrooms do NOT have any fans--something I see at a lot of renovated rooms lately?? Note to hotels: Fans are cool they "defog" the room. If you are a light sleeper you may not like the morning traffic noise outside the hotel is near a traffic light. They offer a breakfast buffet with eggs, different meat (sausage or bacon) each day, bagels, warm cinnamon buns and an electronic pancake maker (sometimes worked, sometimes didn't (depended if the batter bag had been filled) and good coffee too. This place has good location it's two blocks from the Light Rail system in Baltmore and you can easily walk to the station so if you're looking for a less costly alternative to the Baltimore inner Harbor pricing this works. And all of the people working there were very friendly.The only thing bad that happened was we found our toilet seat was loose upon arriving and told two maids the next morning in the hallway outside our room--they said "no problem we will take care of it". It never got fixed the toilet seat was still loose that night when we returned. Overall this is a nice place to stay. Also there is also a good sports bar/restaurant next door--Silver Spring Mining Company that offers plenty of menu choices and brew choices for the hungry and thirsty!.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room that is NOT on the York Road side--a little bit noisy in the morning when you...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hershey, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This is a motel that used to belong to another chain and now has been totally renovated by HI. We chose it based on being a location convenient to Baltimore attractions and Hunt Valley shopping and metro transit, and on price. The staff was exceptionally friendly and eager to make our stay enjoyable. Upon checkin, the manager discovered that the current rate was $13 less than what was shown in our computer reservation and she immediately lowered the rate before we could even request it. Our room was super clean and very attractively furnished, and the bed and pillows were A+ comfortable. There were even gooseneck reading lights on each side of the bed. A microwave, small fridge, coffeepot, ironing board and iron were included. The only drawback was a design flaw in the bathroom layout; a small room with the corner whacked off, you have to stand alongside the toilet to have room to open and close the door (might be tough to do if a person is majorly obese), plus the toilet paper holder was a real stretch to reach. But the bathroom was new, spotless and well appointed, including wire soap holders and a secure metal grab bar in the tub. Hungry for a late day hamburger, we were surprised to discover that a sidewalk connects the motel with Burger King, McDonalds and Wendys a short walk away. Breakfast at the motel was free and included a wide variety of simple foods like DIY pancakes, sausages, scrambled eggs, biscuits, sweet rolls, breads, cereals, yogurt, fresh apples/oranges/bananas, fruit juices, and hot drinks. We thought that the motel was a great value and we enjoyed our stay. Tip: be a member of the hotel chain's "Priority Club" and you get free bottles of water and snacks upon checkin, plus sometimes you get early occupancy of your room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley! We are glad we were able to make your stay an enjoyable one. Looking forward to seeing you back here during your next trip to the area!

Andrew Pollock

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley? Share your experiences!