“A Nice Surprise...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Hunt Valley
Liberty, Missouri
“A Nice Surprise...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I checked in and was not sure what to think of this hotel, the set- up of the lobby is a little different than you see in hotels today. While some of the points felt a little 80's, the overall feel worked. The Grille had good food and the wait staff did well considering how busy it was in the hotel. All the rooms are suites, and I believe all the rooms had a small balcony type set-up. While not big enough to sit out, still nice to have the glass sliding doors and light in your room. The rooms have a humble appeal, but everything that is needed or wanted by guests is provided. The suite style rooms are nice size, comfortable, and I liked that they were not cluttered with furniture. All that being said, the best part of this hotel stay is the coffee. Excellent coffee. One last thing to mention, right across the street a nice shopping area. Overall I don't think you can go wrong with this hotel.

Room Tip: There is no spa.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Danielle K, Manager at Embassy Suites Baltimore - North / Hunt Valley, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. We really appreciate the great feedback you provided to us. We hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Las Vegas, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I was at the Embassy Suites for 15 nights from 25 Sept to 10 Oct 2012. The hotel, the room, the amenities, the staff....everything was fantastic. I did not want to leave and I am very much looking forward to coming back. Keep up the great work.

Room Tip: Be prepared to deal with a lot of other guests at the free breakfast on the weekends. During the we...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Danielle K, Manager at Embassy Suites Baltimore - North / Hunt Valley, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your great feedback! We hope to see you again soon.
Swampscott, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We were very pleased to find the Embassy Suites. We booked it last minute as our itinerary changed during our 2 week vacation. It is located in a funny area called Cockysville or something like that: mostly a commercial area outside of Baltimore. We paid about $140 total and thought this was the nicest hotel we stayed at during our vacation. The bed was very clean and nicely made up. The room was very comfortable. Breakfast was also very good: individually made omelets! The only thing we could criticize is that wifi was $10 extra, which was annoying, so we had to "connect" in the lobby which was free. There is a beautiful atrium in the middle of the lobby. Lovely. We would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay outside the city.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us while you were on vacation. We really appreciate the great feedback you provided to us. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Perfect location in Hunt Valley shopping area. Great room (but I don't like noise from the highway so I can't give a perfect score)... Good managers' reception w/ nibbles. Nice atrium w/ koi pods and trees. Slow elevators but a lot of people to pick up on 8 floors I guess. Very nice front desk folks.

Room Tip: I always choose high floor/away from elevators. Don't want to hear dinging all night. Don't...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
cwolfe, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Baltimore - North / Hunt Valley, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We truly appreciate it and look forward to having you with us again in the future.
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The staff at this hotel were great! As other reviewers have stated, the hotel is a bit dated but clean, nonetheless. The location was ideal for my business trip and there is a shopping center across the way, which was convenient for coffee, wine, snacks, etc! The only negative comment I have is that while I am a Hilton honors member (silver), I did not receive complimentary water or Internet service as I have had in the past. And speaking of Internet service, they charge you per device, so if I wanted to use my laptop and iPad, I would have to pay 9.95 per device. Hilton, this is shoddy!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
cwolfe, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Baltimore - North / Hunt Valley, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. All Gold and Diamond members of Hilton Honors receive complimentary internet access. We hope to see you again in the future!
Wayne, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Check in and front desk staff were very welcoming, although I ended up in a Double rather than the King that I had requested, which, considering I am a Hilton Diamond is pretty lame..

The Hotel itself is looking very dated and in desperate need of bringing in to the 21st Century. Ceiling in my bathroom was peeling away, carpet was stained and general the feeling was pretty drab and uninspiring..

Overall, not a bad stay, would have rated lower but for the friendly folks on the front desk..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
cwolfe, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Baltimore - North / Hunt Valley, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
I want to personally thank you for sharing your stay with us on TripAdvisor. I understand guest suite presentation was a concern, as it is for us as well. Reviews like yours provide the necessary information for areas of improvement. We appreciate your kind words regarding our front desk staff and will pass the message along. Thank you!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My wife and I booked a suite fro my daughter's 13th birthday... We invited a group of her school, church and gymnastics friends, to enjoy the swimming pool and help her dive into the TEENS!
The Hotel staff accommodated us by holding my daughter's Coldstone Cake in the freezer while the kids ate pizza and swam. The pool and hot tub was great for a bunch of eighth graders to just hang out... Not too bad for dear old dad to relax after a hard day's work too!
The suite was great since there were four girls spending the night with my daughter and wife, after the pool closed. 2 Full-sized beds in back and a pull out sleeper in the LR, worked well. The breakfast buffet was great and my wife really enjoyed the omellete station.

Room Tip: All of the rooms open up toward the Interior courtyard...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
cwolfe, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Baltimore - North / Hunt Valley, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Although we do not allow pool parties, the pool is a great feature for all registered guests. Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites Hunt Valley!

Been to Embassy Suites Baltimore - North / Hunt Valley? Share your experiences!