“Staff were great, Hotel looking very dated” 3 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Summer Rates From $122
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Hunt Valley
Wayne, New Jersey
“Staff were great, Hotel looking very dated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Check in and front desk staff were very welcoming, although I ended up in a Double rather than the King that I had requested, which, considering I am a Hilton Diamond is pretty lame..

The Hotel itself is looking very dated and in desperate need of bringing in to the 21st Century. Ceiling in my bathroom was peeling away, carpet was stained and general the feeling was pretty drab and uninspiring..

Overall, not a bad stay, would have rated lower but for the friendly folks on the front desk..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
cwolfe, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Baltimore - North / Hunt Valley, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
I want to personally thank you for sharing your stay with us on TripAdvisor. I understand guest suite presentation was a concern, as it is for us as well. Reviews like yours provide the necessary information for areas of improvement. We appreciate your kind words regarding our front desk staff and will pass the message along. Thank you!

307 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My wife and I booked a suite fro my daughter's 13th birthday... We invited a group of her school, church and gymnastics friends, to enjoy the swimming pool and help her dive into the TEENS!
The Hotel staff accommodated us by holding my daughter's Coldstone Cake in the freezer while the kids ate pizza and swam. The pool and hot tub was great for a bunch of eighth graders to just hang out... Not too bad for dear old dad to relax after a hard day's work too!
The suite was great since there were four girls spending the night with my daughter and wife, after the pool closed. 2 Full-sized beds in back and a pull out sleeper in the LR, worked well. The breakfast buffet was great and my wife really enjoyed the omellete station.

Room Tip: All of the rooms open up toward the Interior courtyard...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
cwolfe, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Baltimore - North / Hunt Valley, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Although we do not allow pool parties, the pool is a great feature for all registered guests. Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites Hunt Valley!
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We were visiting friends in the area of Monkton MD, and needed to find a hotel for the evening. After researching, we found this Embassy Suites. I have never stayed at one of these subsidiaries of Hilton Hotels before. It has beautiful lobby with a koi pond tress – very pleasant and refreshing for an inexpensive hotel.

Our reservation check-in was easy, they even offered us an invitation to the free manager’s party, unfortunately, we could not attend since we already had another event.
Our room was clean, updated, and very large. For once in years the fan in the bathroom actually worked!!!!

There are many amenities in the hotel as well as inside the room. We did not take advantage since we had no time.

The beds were very comfortable, and NO (as past review) did I see any bugs or even dust.
Breakfast buffet, which is included, had a perfect a selection for everyone. Eggs and waffles made fresh for each individual, French toast, cereal, breakfast sides, fresh fruit, etc. So much better than the Holiday Inn Express has to offer.

The price was terrific and I would return.

Room Tip: We had the 4th floor however, it seems that all the room seem to be the same. I like to stay on high...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
We are so glad you stayed with us and appreciate the nice comments on your recent stay! Hopefully we have made you a loyal Embassy Suites guest!
Princeton Junction NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

This was a business trip. Location is great. Lots of easy casual dining options nearby.
Stayed in an executive king which was very spacious and easy to work in
BUT the wifi connection in the room was weak, hard to connect to, kept dropping and not strong enough for me to attach or send files.
Beautiful lobby and lots of great spaces to work down there. Wifi worked fine. BUT I was lucky to get one of the few tables where I could plug in my laptop.
I was not the only person to remark that it was surprising for a business hotel.
The bright side is you could give up work and head to the adjacent shopping area complete with a Regal cinema

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We hope to see you again soon!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My family stayed at this hotel over the Labor Day weekend as part of a large wedding party. Over all we had a great stay and would return. It is well located just off route 83, and next to a shopping mall. We loved the shuttle service to the light rail, and their help with getting us all to and from our reception at the Grand Mason Lodge up the road from the hotel.

The good points- The hotel is lovely, with a beautiful, lush green atrium framing a large koi pond. The breakfast is plentiful, with fruit, hot and cold items, (including that southern staple-grits!) cereals and juices. The omelette station adds another fresh,healthy option. Our room and bathroom were clean, no bugs. It was nice to have a small balcony with a sliding door that opens-hooray, fresh air! The staff was friendly and kind. The manager's reception is a nice treat. The dining staff put on a great private breakfast for our family party on Sunday morning.

The just okay points- The gym equipment is getting tired, with just one working elliptical and two treadmills. One of the treadmills had a broken t.v. The A/C in our room was unbalanced, cooling the front room, leaving the bedroom warm. Our son froze on the pull out couch while my husband and I roasted in the bedroom. Keeping the door between the two rooms may have helped, but was impractical. The bar got slammed on Saturday night with post wedding celebrations, and had trouble keeping up with our orders. Maybe we should have warned them we were coming back after the early evening wedding? The same thing happened Sunday night- poor bartender didn't stand a chance. The coffee at breakfast was weak, but I find this to be the case at most hotels. We would have liked some kind of outdoor gathering space, not just a few benches for smokers.

Room Tip: We were on the sixth floor, which was very quiet. The downside was that we relied on the elevator t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
cwolfe, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Baltimore - North / Hunt Valley, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience with us. Feedback such as yours helps us make improvements where needed. We hope to see you again in the future!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Last time I was in the area I stayed across the street. The hotel there was nice, but I heard great things about this one. I'm so glad I made the change to Embassy Suites. Probably the best looking court yard I've seen in a hotel in a long time. The place is way quiet. Here's the "no-brainer" especially for business - Managers Reception (read Happy Hour). The best! Bar none - hotel happy hour I've ever been to. Beer, Wine and Mixed Drinks. Plus a variety of snacks. It was a nice way to end a stressful day, a drink or two, unwind and go back to my quiet suite. A1. The staff was friendly, when approached. Over all it's my top North Baltimore pick.
The breakfast spread was fantastic. I didn't remember they had a pool and spa and didn't pack for that - - and should have (so should you). They also have plenty of elevators and that was an added bonus -- always one ready to take me up/down. It's the little things.

Room Tip: If you want a view and will be on the South end, ask for above the 2nd floor. I was at a roof level...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your great feedback on your stay with us! We are so glad that we are your top North Baltimore choice and hope to stay that way. We look forward to seeing you next time.
Syracuse, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Embassy Suites in Hunt Valley this week. They surpassed all of our expectations. The atrium is beautiful. I can see why this would be a perfect hotel to have a wedding reception. The suites are very clean, comfortable and have plenty of room to relax. They have a small microwave and fridge in them which is really convenient. The breakfast buffet is the best one I've seen with everything from omelets and bacon to fruit and cereal. We had a chance to visit the evening manager reception which was a full 2 hours of drinking with snacks! This hotel offers so much more than expected and the rates are very comparable with the other hotels in the area. I don't know why anyone would stay at another hotel while visiting Hunt Valley.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
cwolfe, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Baltimore - North / Hunt Valley, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for your feedack on your stay with us! We appreciate the nice comments. We do several wedding receptions every year, and the atrium is a great place for pictures. We hope to see you again in the future.

Been to Embassy Suites Baltimore - North / Hunt Valley? Share your experiences!