“Nightmare haircut” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Bel Air, Maryland
“Nightmare haircut”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

I recently went to spa in the valley to have a haircut done by Bridget. I was told that she was experienced in cutting naturally curly hair. Bridget was very friendly, and sounded as if she knew how to cut curls. I showed her a picture of what I liked, long curls with a very long side bang, but explained to her my anxiety because I wan't sure my curls could look like that, espcially considering that I am a low maintainence, no hairdryer kind of girl. I am also well aware that I cannot brush my hair without making severe frizz. I explicitly stated, that if she didn't think my hair could look like like this picture, that I would be fine with just having my dead ends cut off. She stated that I could definitely have this hair but less then halfway through the haircut I was already having severe anxiety as she was cutting super thick, short bangs straight across my forehead...but it was too late to go back. In no way, shape, or form didn I ever request super thick, short bangs. Even as she blow dried them straight, I could see tha they were too short as they frizzed up and stuck staight out, perpendicular to my forehead. She told me I needed to get a thick round hair brush and was pulling them this way and that way, telling me about all the options I would now have with my new cut. The whole time, and no matter which way she pulled them, it was obvious to me that it would be years until my hair grew out long enough to recover from this butchery. I let her know I thought they were " a little short" but maintained my calm composure until I reached my car where I immediately burst into tears. For the last few days I have tried to "get used to them" as Bridget suggested, and I have tried different ways of styling them, but the truth is, I have a nightmare cut. They are too short and too thick for my naturally curly hair. I deeply regret going to spa in the valley because I do not believe Bridget had every worked with my hairtype if she thought that this type of bang would suit my curls, or my low maintainenance type of personality. I am posting this review in hopes that all my fellow curly hair girls will know never never to go to Spa in the Vally for a cut. I am extremely unhappy and so is the short puff of hair that now resides on the top of my head. I am accepting hat donations....

Visited May 2011

Baltimore, Maryland
4 attraction reviews
“not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

I went there today for a pedicure - my husband gave me a gift card for $45 - and I was charged $50. Meanwhile, I now see on their website that a pedicure is $45. Hmmmm. Additionally, I am going to go back tomorrow to have my big toes redone - the polish is bubbled and there is color on the skin. A five year old might have done a better paint job.

Visited May 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
“wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

Just came back from our first visit to the spa in the valley and this is hands down, the best spa in Baltimore area. Staff is super friendly and the place is just amazing. We arrived about an hour earlier to enjoy the Tuscan room, which we loved it!!!
We had facials and I had mine done with Beth. She is very nice and super professional. The 60 mins facial includes a neck, shoulder, foot and hand massage. Great ambience. Can't wait to go back :) The best!!!!!!

Visited April 2011
Hunt Valley, Maryland
“Perfection!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

I had a cut and color by Lisa Sautter, she is a platinum hair designer and that's what I got!!! Platinium treatment and my hair is beautiful! The Spa is a wonderful place, you are treated with the utmost respect and care as soon as you walk in the door. I had a fabulous shampoo by Courtney too.

Visited January 2011
Cockeysville, Maryland
“A Tuscan Oasis of Blissful Nirvana - Absolute Perfection!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

I have been to every spa in Baltimore and nothing comes close to Spa in the valley!! Everytime I try another spa, I end up asking myself "WHY??" The Massages, Hydrotherapy and Facials are World Class!!! From the moment you arrive, you are treated like a princess. You are greeted, checked in and whisked to another room, handed a luxurious spa robe and slippers b4 you blink your eyes. The intoxicating aroma of this Aveda Spa immediately fill your senses as your escorted to the Tuscan Room and your journey begins. Your transformation starts in the softy lit Roman Whirlpool Bath with waterfalls, relaxing music plays in the background as you grab a cool washcloth with cucumber and rose petals and lay back on one of the lounge chairs. There is a hot sauna and a Euclyuptus Steam Room and Swedish Shower with Rainfall Overhead...Can you say "Heaven" and this is all before your treatment begins. The treatment rooms are softly lit with draped sheers, luxurious linens on heated tables, intoxicating aromas and enchanting rythmic music. You are literally transported to an exotic, blissful, healing place of harmony and deep relaxation. The massage therapists are all amazing, but I love Eileen. Her voice is so ethereal and she calms my mind. Not chatty at all, just very relaxing. I actually asked her to make a cd so I could play it at home!! She uses soft gliding strokes and rythmic breathing, in the hydrotherapy and Shiodhara massage. You lose yourself in a blissful cocoon of peace and harmony and total relaxation. You owe it to yourself to try this place. A massage is a massage, but at Spa in the Valley, it's an "EXPERIENCE LIKE NO OTHER"!!!!

Visited January 2011

Been to Spa in the Valley? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Spa in the Valley, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.