“A mixed bag” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites Hunt Valley

You added Quality Suites Hunt Valley to your Saves list
Quality Suites Hunt Valley
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10710 Beaver Dam Road, Hunt Valley, MD 21030 (Formerly Chase Suites Hotel Hunt Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Hunt Valley
Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
“A mixed bag”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

First the good: The room (a king studio) was large and comfortable and mostly clean. It was L-shaped with a nicely-appointed kitchen (dishwasher, frig, stove). It would have been hard, though, to prepare a full meal with the limited stock of pans, utensils etc. on hand. We were in a quiet back corner of the complex, which includes several apartment-like buildings with exterior entrances. The hotel is very close to the light rail that travels into Baltimore, thus saving on the hassles and expense of driving and parking. Several restaurants are within a short drive, although nothing is within walking distance.
And the not so good: We did not have bath towels in the room and didn't realize it until my husband was looking for one after his shower. I don't know if it was an oversight, or one of the idiosyncracies of staying at a long-term hotel. We had a two-night guaranteed reservation that I'd made several weeks before arrival. When we arrived the first evening of our planned stay, we were told that the hotel had overbooked, and they were going to put us up at a Holiday Inn down the street. Unfortunately, one of the reasons I'd booked this hotel is for the kitchen (I had a cooler of food I'd just purchased from a health food store, and I needed to keep it frozen). For a number of reasons, we always try to have a kitchen in our room when we travel--and we were being moved to a standard room. The Holiday Inn also did not include breakfast in the rate--another reason we'd booked this hotel. While Chase paid for our night at the Holiday Inn, and offered to put my food in a freezer in their kitchen overnight, it was not the best of options--and we had to pack everything up the next morning and return for the 2nd night of our stay at Chase. All in all it was fairly disruptive. The desk clerk was sympathetic and tried to be helpful; I realize this was beyond her control, but we were, nevertheless, inconvenienced. In all my travels--and they are extensive, I've never been "overbooked" and shifted to an alternate hotel. I've given the "service" rating a 2--that does not reflect my interactions with the staff who were all accommodating; it reflects the attitude of managment.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
, Corporate Representative at Quality Suites Hunt Valley, responded to this review, October 14, 2010
I was so happy to hear that you found our rooms to be spacious and enjoyed the benefits of our full suites. Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback on our hotel however, it is obvious that we didn't live up to our own goal of having 100% satisfied guests and for that I offer my apologies. We have recently made some changes and I think you will find that the next time you are in the area we will not only meet your expectations but exceed them!

We hope to see you again in the near future!

-Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
BREINIGSVILLE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

Check-in was a little rocky, as the desk person was unfamiliar with direct bill process for corporate travel. Since I had only 10 minutes to get to my destination, he took the number and promised hat it would be fixed. When I got back later that afternoon, he had learned what and how to do, and was able to process the reservation at the correct rate.The room was a pleasant surprise, although I also had an ant problem in the kitchen. Internet was wired only, and not long enough to sit on the couch or bed, only was able to sit at the breakfast bar. I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
, Corporate representative at Quality Suites Hunt Valley, responded to this review, October 14, 2010
I am pleased to hear that you had a good experience with us during your last stay! In regards to the issues we had with the billing process for corporate travel, I apologize. We were just starting out learning the process and it did take us a little extra time to get all the procedures ironed out. However, we are now well versed in those procedures and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

All the best,

Management
DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

The hotel is set up more like a garden apartment complex. The rooms themselves are truly like small apartments. The kitchen had full size appliances and basic cooking implements but no corkscrew. I mention this as there are wine glasses. The bathroom is oddly laid out with a huge vanity/dressing area but very small tub/toilet room. There was also no fan so the steam left everything in the room damp, including the other towels. The room and bathroom were very clean and very well maintained.

It is worth noting that the rooms with a King bed do NOT have fireplaces as seen in the pictures. Only the rooms with a queen bed do. The rooms are also not very sound proof or at least mine wasn't. You could hear everyone who walked by talking even if they were just using a conversational voice. The way the rooms are set up though, foot traffic is limited.

You will need a car here. The hotel is in a business park area and though there are lots of restaurant and shopping within a few miles, nothing is walking distance. The only restaurants that deliver there are pizza places.

I was disappointed in the internet service. There are two computers on a counter in the main building but these are hardly private and do not even have chairs or stool at them. There is internet in the rooms but you must pay for it ($6 a day) and use a cable. No wifi. The cable is provided but that also means being tethered to the wall. It also means if there are multiple guests in the room, only one person can use the internet at a time.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the lovely review! I'm glad to hear that you found our large suites to have such a home-like atmosphere! As far as the need for a car, I also wanted to let you know that we do offer a complimentary shuttle service within 5 miles of the hotel which does include the light rail system station. So the next time you are in the area we would love to save you the expense and hassle of renting a car!

Hope to see you again soon!

Akron, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

Breakfast was mediocre at best. Overall, cleanliness needs to be improved. Someone spilled something in the breakfast area on the tile floor, was wiped up with a towel, but sticky residue remained. Patrons tracked sticky residue and dirt all over the ceramic floor. Was not cleaned until after the breakfast. Noisy people above us kept us awake most of the night. Stayed only one night. Ants were crawling on our nightstand, and crawling outside our suite.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
I would like to start out by apologizing for the unsatisfactory experience you had during your most recent stay. Obviously we did not live up to your expectations nor did we live up to our own standards and for that I offer a most sincere apology. It was unacceptable that you encountered these problems and I wanted to let you know that we have made some recent changes in response to your feedback. I am positive that you will be satisfied the next time you are in the area.

Again, I apologize for the issues you encountered and I hope that you will give us another chance during your next trip to the area.

With Warmest Regards,

Management

Travelers are raving about these Hunt Valley hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

My girfriend and I wanted just some nice time. Found a $66 Saturday-to-Sunday special , incl. taxes and breakfast. This is what we got: a huge studio room with a full kitchen, shower/tub combo, LCD television, a very good bed. and patio. The hotel had a pool but we did not use it.
If you read other reviews, you will see that they are all over the place. We found the hotel to be in great shape, clean. Now here are two compelling extra reasons to stay at the hotel:
(1) Located in Hunt Valley, it is convenient to the city and to many other metropolitan destinations. If you are a family, you can leave your car behind and take the light-rail from a stop just two blocks away. It takes you downtown, where stops are within walking distance from the Inner Harbor. On weekdays the city operates a free downtown shuttle service with three routes. Those buses cover pretty much every attraction worth seeing.
(2) Wegman's. It's a fabulous foodstore just a mile from the hotel. Before we checked in we went to stock up at Wegman's. Since we had a full kitchen, this worked out beautifully. We saw a Chase suite hotel courtesy van outside Wegman's, so presumably such a shuttle is available.
When I tried to make another reservation for this week, the room price had gone up a couple of dollars. I booked anyway because we were so happy with our experience. In the main, it pays to shop around because no one should pay the rack rate for this hotel.
Why is my sleep quality rating low? Because there was a family in an upstairs unit that performed some kind of religious ceremony at 5 a.m., complete with chanting and stomping. Could happen anywhere, I presume.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your postive feedback and I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Hunt Valley!

- Management
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

This is a nice hotel, with large spacious rooms. Our room had two comfortable beds, a sitting area with couch (hide-a-bed), comfy chair, fireplace, and TV. Kitchenette was equipped with all necessary appliances and were in good working order. The wooded grounds were attractive and well-manicured. The complimentary breakfast had a variety of choices and was better than most free breakfasts that you get at other hotels. My only complaint would be of a party one night that was excessively noisy late into the night. The hotel staff did address the problem though and the party mostly quieted down after our complaint.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
I was so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! I'm sorry to hear that you encountered a problem with a party above you. It is unfortunate that some people find the need to disturb others when they stay with us. However, I was happy to hear that our staff was able to quickly resolve that problem. Our disturbance policy is now signed by everyone who is checking into our hotel and it outlines that we do not allow the type of disturbances you encountered. I seems to be working well to make sure that all of our guests have a quiet and enjoyable stay with us!

Hope to see you again soon!

middle river
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed here as just a little get away to celebarte our 2yr anniversary. I ordered the sweetheart package which was a joke. For what they give you, you can do yourself. The little bit of rose petals they put in room was a joke. Could have bought myself from the dollar store. Also, unlike other hotels I stayed out there was no info packet in room of places near by to eat and attractions to go to or even a tv channel list sheet. Not too mention we had ANTS IN THE KITCHECN AS WELL AS OUR BED! I will not go back. The hot breakast in the morning was not that great either. Really didnt have much of a selection as other places do. Definitely not worth the money spent.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
I am so sorry to hear that we didn't live up to your expectations. We strive for every guest to have a fantastic experience and in this instance we obviously failed. For that I apologize. Thank you for your feedback as it only helps us get better. I also wanted to let you know that we have made some recent changes and I believe that you will be very satisfied if you give us another try.

Thanks again for the feedback and I hope that we can make it up to you the next time you are in the area.

All the best,

-Management

Been to Quality Suites Hunt Valley? Share your experiences!