“Adequate but not great” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites Hunt Valley

Save Saved
You added Quality Suites Hunt Valley to your Saves list
Quality Suites Hunt Valley
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10710 Beaver Dam Road, Hunt Valley, MD 21030 (Formerly Chase Suites Hotel Hunt Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 6 hotels in Hunt Valley
Provincetown, Massachusetts
“Adequate but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This place is certainly no Hyatt Regency, but it's not a total dump either. Rooms are spacious and clean despite being somewhat shabby. Kitchens are not very well stocked - just a couple of plates, glasses and miscellaneous cutlery - no pots or pans, no sponges or cleaning supplies, and we had to ask the front desk for dishwashing detergent after we used the one "pod" we were issued at check-in. Heater in room works fine but sounds like a 747 taking off in your room. Breakfast was adequate and unremarkable, breakfast room looked neat & clean.
We chose this place initially because it is pet friendly.
A spacious, if basic room and breakfast at an affordable price (we booked in at less than $80/night. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

113 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Thankfully my experience wasn't as bad as the reviews I just read below. Perhaps they finally did some work?

We stayed just one night for a nearby wedding. The staff was friendly and even had a shuttle to and from the wedding venue which was nice.

The rooms are spacious and affordable. The air quality isn't the greatest, I'm guessing because pets are allowed, but they seemed clean otherwise. All rooms are suites from what I understand (ours had a kitchenette and living/sitting area plus large bathroom), and I do like the layout - it feels more home-y than like a motel.

That being said, some people have clearly made this hotel home. We encountered some interesting characters on property and also found it hard to sleep as another resident pet barked for hours into the early morning. When someone in our party complained, the front desk told her it was a nurse guest working an overnight shift who just left her dog alone in the room. Nice.

One huge complaint - we called for extra pillows - each bed had two very thin pillows plus a throw pillow. The man told us extra pillows were not available and to use what was in our closet - which was one pillow when there were 2 beds and 4 people in the room (not to mention the room could sleep 6 with the pull out sofa!)

Breakfast was your typical continental hotel breakfast. No need to complain as it was the typical fare.

Overall, I wouldn't vacation here, but it served our purposes well for a one night visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Bayport, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We often stay in Hunt Valley, MD while visiting family, and had stayed often at the Chase Suites. However, our last visit, which was over the July 4th week-end 3 years ago. I know that this review is out-dated, but after reading the latest reviews of this establishment, I felt that I also had to add our experiences to the list of atrocities that others lived through.
To make a very, very long story short, we had to change rooms 5 times due to the broken bathtubs, toilets, televisions, refrigerators, etc. The staff was not very helpful, and after leaving one room because of the conditions, we were sent to another building. When we opened the door of this second room, it was strewn with garbage, bed unmade, as well as a broken shower curtain. So off to the 3rd room! Conditions just as bad, so had to change two more times. The final room was not great, but at least the toilet worked.
We asked for a refund, but the management would not give it us, so we contacted Expedia.com since we had booked through them. I included a 3 page letter describing our stay there, and they did refund us one night. Since there were no rooms available locally, we were forced to stay there for our second night.
The reason I am writing this after such a long period of time has passed, is so that others who are considering this hotel will have a warning of what may be awaiting them. Obviously, according to the latest reviews, not much has improved.
My gut feeling is that it is used for other purposes other than families visiting the area! One recent clue from a recent visitor--someone knocking on her door at 2 am, asking if she called for a massage????? Hello!
I had to click on October 2012, since the dates listed don't go as far back as needed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

During my recent stay I had booked online with a nonrefundable rate, so I was a little disappionted when I actually saw the conditions of the rooms and the location of some of the rooms. I looked at 4 rooms, before I choose the last room available. The 1st room outside knob looked tampered/broken, so wasn't secure for me. The 2nd room had an awful smell/odor and major spiders in webs all outside the door. The 3rd room was a little run down with the condition of the carpet & furniture and ants coming from the window seals. The first 3 rooms where also located around the back of the property which was an eye sore due to several dumpster, alot of spider webs on the building, and a dark wooded area which is another safety issue. Finally, my last room was the better of the 4, but stains on shower curtain, spots on wall needed repairs, the kitchen sink, stove and microwave was dirty. In town to celebrate my neice going away to college my girlfriend, her son, and my sister with my 3 neices meet me here, because we were all going out to dinner. We had only been there an hour and half just waiting for everyone to meet before I get a call from the front desk indicating only 6 people can be in the room at any time. I responded, well ok, but they're not staying we're about to leave. I was told they would have to leave the room and wait in the car or outside immediately. I felt like we were being watched, because my sister mentioned this guy who was in the parking lot just looking, but didn't speak when she came and we saw a strange looking guy as well. We thought he was the under worked maintenance man; so by the end of the night we decided not to stay and booked the rest of the stay at another hotel. I didn't feel comfortable from the beginning, but was trying to save time & money.

• Stayed August 2013
Chester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Not sure where to begin. The carpets are stained, not for small children to crawl on. The smell was really bad in the rooms and from the dumpster outside. Breakfast was awful, the lady put cold waffles in the warmer with her bare hands, hard pancakes, flies all around the coffee pots. All night partying outside the rooms, no sleep. Scary group of about 20 loud, foul mouthed folks right outside our room till 6:30am. The night before they only partied to 3am. Came upon a drunk handcuffed on the ground on the way to the pool with the kids. Parking is awful due to old, large, storage containers all around the parking lots. Guess they need to make money somehow.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I really enjoyed staying here for five nights when I was without electric. The rooms are huge, with full kitchen, fireplaces, nice size living area and bathroom. My room was very clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. This hotel was previously a Marriott so the layout was excellent. It is also pet friendly with many areas to walk your dog.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Charlottesville, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

When we first entered the room the smell was awful! and it was very wet and humid. We tried getting some air in the room through the door and the 4 by 1 "balcony." My brother tried to go for a quick swim that night and couldn't enter the pool because there was no lifeguard on duty. We don't know if there was EVER a lifeguard on duty. The hotel needed a lot of fix-ups and the landscaping needed work. When we arrived home all our clothes smelled like the room. Overall, I was not impressed by the condition of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Suites Hunt Valley? Share your experiences!