“Everything isn't what it appeaars to be, so you get what you pay for.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites Hunt Valley

You added Quality Suites Hunt Valley to your Saves list
Quality Suites Hunt Valley
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10710 Beaver Dam Road, Hunt Valley, MD 21030 (Formerly Chase Suites Hotel Hunt Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Hunt Valley
“Everything isn't what it appeaars to be, so you get what you pay for.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

During my recent stay I had booked online with a nonrefundable rate, so I was a little disappionted when I actually saw the conditions of the rooms and the location of some of the rooms. I looked at 4 rooms, before I choose the last room available. The 1st room outside knob looked tampered/broken, so wasn't secure for me. The 2nd room had an awful smell/odor and major spiders in webs all outside the door. The 3rd room was a little run down with the condition of the carpet & furniture and ants coming from the window seals. The first 3 rooms where also located around the back of the property which was an eye sore due to several dumpster, alot of spider webs on the building, and a dark wooded area which is another safety issue. Finally, my last room was the better of the 4, but stains on shower curtain, spots on wall needed repairs, the kitchen sink, stove and microwave was dirty. In town to celebrate my neice going away to college my girlfriend, her son, and my sister with my 3 neices meet me here, because we were all going out to dinner. We had only been there an hour and half just waiting for everyone to meet before I get a call from the front desk indicating only 6 people can be in the room at any time. I responded, well ok, but they're not staying we're about to leave. I was told they would have to leave the room and wait in the car or outside immediately. I felt like we were being watched, because my sister mentioned this guy who was in the parking lot just looking, but didn't speak when she came and we saw a strange looking guy as well. We thought he was the under worked maintenance man; so by the end of the night we decided not to stay and booked the rest of the stay at another hotel. I didn't feel comfortable from the beginning, but was trying to save time & money.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank 2JoyPeace

Chester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Not sure where to begin. The carpets are stained, not for small children to crawl on. The smell was really bad in the rooms and from the dumpster outside. Breakfast was awful, the lady put cold waffles in the warmer with her bare hands, hard pancakes, flies all around the coffee pots. All night partying outside the rooms, no sleep. Scary group of about 20 loud, foul mouthed folks right outside our room till 6:30am. The night before they only partied to 3am. Came upon a drunk handcuffed on the ground on the way to the pool with the kids. Parking is awful due to old, large, storage containers all around the parking lots. Guess they need to make money somehow.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Sue S

Travelers are raving about these Hunt Valley hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I really enjoyed staying here for five nights when I was without electric. The rooms are huge, with full kitchen, fireplaces, nice size living area and bathroom. My room was very clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. This hotel was previously a Marriott so the layout was excellent. It is also pet friendly with many areas to walk your dog.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank joanjax49
Charlottesville, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

When we first entered the room the smell was awful! and it was very wet and humid. We tried getting some air in the room through the door and the 4 by 1 "balcony." My brother tried to go for a quick swim that night and couldn't enter the pool because there was no lifeguard on duty. We don't know if there was EVER a lifeguard on duty. The hotel needed a lot of fix-ups and the landscaping needed work. When we arrived home all our clothes smelled like the room. Overall, I was not impressed by the condition of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Isabel S
Golden, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed for several months when travelling on business and built up a rapport with the staff within a week. Reasonable rates when compared to something like Extended Stay America if you want a kitchenette. My room was spotlessly clean and so was the kitchen and bathroom. Hot breakfast every morning and a light snack in the evenings, four out of seven days a week.

Room Tip: Look for a room on the ground floor with a parking spot within a short walk.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank AlfaGeek
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Firstly the room looked great online however it was an absolute dump when we got there. Holes in the furniture, broken couch and the disgusting state of the place was the start. The window on the sliding door was covered with a white film and should have been replaced. There was a large fan placed in the room to make up for the broken air conditioner. TV only had 3 channels so we went to the desk to ask for assistance. He assured us there were many channels available. He came to the room and when we showed him he tried to make it seem like we were stupid and wrong. We weren't. The remote worked just fine. He took the remote and hit a few buttons then just said it was a remote problem. He kept saying sorry and trying to leave. We asked if he would fix it and he said he would tomorrow or later (this was out last night, just hadn't spent much time in the room so it was new to us). He tried to act like he couldn't understand us (he was Indian but had no issue carrying on a casual conversation when checking us in) and proceed to leave the room and slammed the door in my face as I tried to talk to him. He came with a new remote, said it had to be programmed and left without any help. He was a complete jerk and it was just the icing on the cake to our horrible time there. NOT WORTH THE CHEAP PRICES!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Rumham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Loved the stay here. Its kinda hidden and secret. Love the 2 level rooms it really feels like home when staying for more than one night.Kid friendly and close to movies,resturants and shopping. I would stay here again and I would recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed June 2012
Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley
Residence Inn Baltimore Hunt Valley
Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore - North/Hunt Valley
Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley

Been to Quality Suites Hunt Valley? Share your experiences!