“Pick Another Hotel!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites Hunt Valley

Save Saved
You added Quality Suites Hunt Valley to your Saves list
Quality Suites Hunt Valley
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10710 Beaver Dam Road, Hunt Valley, MD 21030 (Formerly Chase Suites Hotel Hunt Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 6 hotels in Hunt Valley
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Pick Another Hotel!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Like many others, our stay here is non-refundable (we're still here and I cannot wait to check out tomorrow!) but if it was, we'd have taken off two days ago.

There's nothing wrong with older hotels, as long as they're maintained. This one os not maintained. I think people live here permanently. There are a couple guys sanding down and spray-painting a car in the parking lot as I type.

Maid service: horrible. Our maid came only once, at 7:30 am, and while she was here, she splashed water all over the kitchen counters and floor. There was a huge puddle on the floor when we got back, and all the food in boxes on our counter was ruined.

They give you two thin, moderately clean towels. No washcloths. The towel for the floor in the bathroom is an ordinary towel that's been cut in half.

There is no water pressure in the kitchen sink. I mean none--it's a dribble.

The floors and couch are filthy. The walls are in terrible disrepair, paint chipping, cracks...

The bathtub: wear shower shoes.

The wi-fi is pretty much no-fi. If you can get it to connect, it immediately disconnects.

If you can find another hotel in your budget, do. Had I seen this place before we paid (we're here on a military move) we would have spent more to go elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2012

113 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
charlotte
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We paid in advance for a four night stay. After arriving and getting our key cards, we drove around to our room. Garbage overflowing the dumpsters, bags of garbage by the walkways, grass not mown, in general the place looked like it hadn't been kept up in years. Got to our room, keycards didn't work, and the door had been broken, then partially repaired, you could push it in about an inch, it wasn't in the frame correctly. I went back to the front desk to get the keys corrected and we entered the room. Bugs (probably from the garbage outside) and surfaces were filthy. We decided that we weren't comfortable staying there. Of course, we had paid in advance through Hotels One, no chance of getting our money back (I've tried), but it was worth the expense. We stayed down the road at the Marriott Courtyard, very nice. Amazing that this place stays in business, but if you collect money in advance, and it doesn't matter if guests approve or not, perhaps this business model works. At least, they save money by not spending any on the facility.

Room Tip: Use another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tinicum, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed here on 9/29/12 for one night. The room was nice and relatively clean, however, there was a pair of dirty socks stuffed inside the pull out coach. The plumbing is also really loud and each time a neighboring room flushed the toilet or used the sink it woke us up. The continental breakfast was decent and so was the customer service. Not the greatest place, but not bad for the 90 bucks we spent to stay there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
hpt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I arrived shortly after 3PM and much to my surprise the room was ready!

This hotel has been dinged repeatedly for NOT being "together" for its arriving guests.
Its clear that this is a former apt community, that now is more like an extended stay. I requested a KING suite, on the second floor. *** Be advised, the fireplace is ONLY available for Queen sized room**** so , I had to take a smaller size bed to get this feature. This is not fully disclosed online. They have a small evening reception (HOT & COLD tea/coffee & a hot food item).
The breakfast is typical cont. style. There is an outdoor pool/hot tub and a basketball court, just ask front desk for a ball. Speaking of their front desk, Ashley was pleasant with not only me, but other guests...even on the phone and pushy/flirty guys. She found me a log to burn in my fireplace! ( I appreciate it...........it helped me enjoy my wine & time off) My room keys worked without any incidents, like others reported. The lobby has plenty of chairs and 2 computers and a printer. A fax and laundry facilities are available for 1.50/load.

There is a Wegmans, Cali Pizza, Chick-fil-A, McDonalds, Sears, etc... down the street, and a Wal-Mart around the corner. They offer COMP Wi-Fi, there is a FULL size kitchen, oven, dishwasher, microwave, plates, can / wine openers, toaster, and a nice marble-top desk working area. A mini-deck area is also available for fresh air moments...The living area furniture is modern & TV is mounted over the fireplace.

Downsides:
A few of the lights were missing or inoperable, a couple carpet stains, aged wood stairs/railing, the TV slants at an awkward angle and the CORDS are exposed…but they do offer a decent channel selection. The pool area is outdoors and near the pine trees….need I say <any> more…? It is not well maintained. The property IS OFF of the main road and really secluded. It is pass a McCormick seasoning factory and another BIG factory and many small business complexes. Some rooms face large, red dumpsters....I guess, they are rehabing certain areas on the property. The layout of the property or best parking for your bldg # can be slightly confusing at first...

It is quiet and only on occasion did I hear anyone entering/leaving their room. Overall for 60/bux couldn't beat it. They will request a photo ID along with your CC....but you can pay cash/debit upon departure. Being in the area for a training at another property around the corner and NOT liking that space, I am glad that I <tried> this place. Give them a try....

Room Tip: Request 2nd floor Request fireplace
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a joke. I stayed recently for a night with my husband. After climbing the steps, our key cards did not work. We had to be assigned a new room. The carpets in the room and the hotel lobby were stained and dirty. There were bugs flying around in our room. There was peeling paint an general poor maintenance in the room. The "free wi fi" did not work. There were bags of trash left all around the grounds as well a construction material ie grates, dry wall leaning outside several different units. The sidewalks were in disrepair and broken and a huge pothole in the parking lot was filled in with gravel, not paved properly There were cob webs everywhere. The continental breakfast was very disappointing. The same lady that cleaned the tables and took care of the trash used her bare hands to handle food. There was even a broken window in the lobby. Whoever owns this hotel needs to revamp his team starting with the general manager, because they are miserably failing the guests, and losing business. I doubt I will stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012
Warren, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed here as I was traveling south, and saw this place on internet, and it looked really nice, especially for the money! I was very disappointed that my room did not have a fireplace, and thought all of them did, as depicted in the pictures with a fire place saying its the Studio Suite, That's what I reserved, and there was no fire place.
Other cons were the railing next to my room in building 11 were disconnected and very loose, and one of the corners of the balcony also had its railing detached, and its dangerous! Also one of the nails on the decking outside the rooms was sticking up a centimeter.

We really liked the room, it was CLEAN and really nice. Granite counters were nice, as was the large bathroom with separate toilet/bath area. The fridge was not matched with other appliances, but otherwise loved the kitchen. Also LIVED the linoleum that looked like very high quality rock tile. It was beautiful.

The breakfast was skimpy, with 2 cereals, few bagels/muffins/not really soft bread. But there were these cinnamon custard things that were served warm that were AWESOME! I have no idea what they are called, but they tasted delicious. They also had fruit salad but I didn't try it.

When we stayed there was a tornado warning for the area, and SEVERE thunderstorms, the loudest I have ever experienced, some shook our room. The power went out twice, and the hotel has generators and it kicked right back on! Was really happy about that!

Over all I would definitely recommend this hotel, the rooms are really nice for the money.

The property is unique as there are 12 separate buildings. It can be a bit of a walk to the front lobby, but its manageable. The property is a bit older but looks nice. Could use some sprucing up of the wood beams outside the garden areas. And the front door was gross and dirty and really needs to be painted ASAP! Otherwise I was happy, and room was clean! Bed was REALLY comfortable too!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed at the Chase Suites about four years ago (maybe 5). I don't remember much about it. The rooms were fairly large, and looked ok. However, we only ended up staying a half of a night because, when we used the chimney, smoke filled our room and we had to evacuate. We were offered free nights but we refused and left. We decided to go to the Embassy Suites Hunt Valley which was pretty good.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Quality Suites Hunt Valley? Share your experiences!