“Ok for the Price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites Hunt Valley

You added Quality Suites Hunt Valley to your Saves list
Quality Suites Hunt Valley
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10710 Beaver Dam Road, Hunt Valley, MD 21030 (Formerly Chase Suites Hotel Hunt Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Hunt Valley
Tinicum, Pennsylvania, United States
“Ok for the Price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed here on 9/29/12 for one night. The room was nice and relatively clean, however, there was a pair of dirty socks stuffed inside the pull out coach. The plumbing is also really loud and each time a neighboring room flushed the toilet or used the sink it woke us up. The continental breakfast was decent and so was the customer service. Not the greatest place, but not bad for the 90 bucks we spent to stay there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
hpt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I arrived shortly after 3PM and much to my surprise the room was ready!

This hotel has been dinged repeatedly for NOT being "together" for its arriving guests.
Its clear that this is a former apt community, that now is more like an extended stay. I requested a KING suite, on the second floor. *** Be advised, the fireplace is ONLY available for Queen sized room**** so , I had to take a smaller size bed to get this feature. This is not fully disclosed online. They have a small evening reception (HOT & COLD tea/coffee & a hot food item).
The breakfast is typical cont. style. There is an outdoor pool/hot tub and a basketball court, just ask front desk for a ball. Speaking of their front desk, Ashley was pleasant with not only me, but other guests...even on the phone and pushy/flirty guys. She found me a log to burn in my fireplace! ( I appreciate it...........it helped me enjoy my wine & time off) My room keys worked without any incidents, like others reported. The lobby has plenty of chairs and 2 computers and a printer. A fax and laundry facilities are available for 1.50/load.

There is a Wegmans, Cali Pizza, Chick-fil-A, McDonalds, Sears, etc... down the street, and a Wal-Mart around the corner. They offer COMP Wi-Fi, there is a FULL size kitchen, oven, dishwasher, microwave, plates, can / wine openers, toaster, and a nice marble-top desk working area. A mini-deck area is also available for fresh air moments...The living area furniture is modern & TV is mounted over the fireplace.

Downsides:
A few of the lights were missing or inoperable, a couple carpet stains, aged wood stairs/railing, the TV slants at an awkward angle and the CORDS are exposed…but they do offer a decent channel selection. The pool area is outdoors and near the pine trees….need I say <any> more…? It is not well maintained. The property IS OFF of the main road and really secluded. It is pass a McCormick seasoning factory and another BIG factory and many small business complexes. Some rooms face large, red dumpsters....I guess, they are rehabing certain areas on the property. The layout of the property or best parking for your bldg # can be slightly confusing at first...

It is quiet and only on occasion did I hear anyone entering/leaving their room. Overall for 60/bux couldn't beat it. They will request a photo ID along with your CC....but you can pay cash/debit upon departure. Being in the area for a training at another property around the corner and NOT liking that space, I am glad that I <tried> this place. Give them a try....

Room Tip: Request 2nd floor Request fireplace
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel is a joke. I stayed recently for a night with my husband. After climbing the steps, our key cards did not work. We had to be assigned a new room. The carpets in the room and the hotel lobby were stained and dirty. There were bugs flying around in our room. There was peeling paint an general poor maintenance in the room. The "free wi fi" did not work. There were bags of trash left all around the grounds as well a construction material ie grates, dry wall leaning outside several different units. The sidewalks were in disrepair and broken and a huge pothole in the parking lot was filled in with gravel, not paved properly There were cob webs everywhere. The continental breakfast was very disappointing. The same lady that cleaned the tables and took care of the trash used her bare hands to handle food. There was even a broken window in the lobby. Whoever owns this hotel needs to revamp his team starting with the general manager, because they are miserably failing the guests, and losing business. I doubt I will stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012
Warren, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed here as I was traveling south, and saw this place on internet, and it looked really nice, especially for the money! I was very disappointed that my room did not have a fireplace, and thought all of them did, as depicted in the pictures with a fire place saying its the Studio Suite, That's what I reserved, and there was no fire place.
Other cons were the railing next to my room in building 11 were disconnected and very loose, and one of the corners of the balcony also had its railing detached, and its dangerous! Also one of the nails on the decking outside the rooms was sticking up a centimeter.

We really liked the room, it was CLEAN and really nice. Granite counters were nice, as was the large bathroom with separate toilet/bath area. The fridge was not matched with other appliances, but otherwise loved the kitchen. Also LIVED the linoleum that looked like very high quality rock tile. It was beautiful.

The breakfast was skimpy, with 2 cereals, few bagels/muffins/not really soft bread. But there were these cinnamon custard things that were served warm that were AWESOME! I have no idea what they are called, but they tasted delicious. They also had fruit salad but I didn't try it.

When we stayed there was a tornado warning for the area, and SEVERE thunderstorms, the loudest I have ever experienced, some shook our room. The power went out twice, and the hotel has generators and it kicked right back on! Was really happy about that!

Over all I would definitely recommend this hotel, the rooms are really nice for the money.

The property is unique as there are 12 separate buildings. It can be a bit of a walk to the front lobby, but its manageable. The property is a bit older but looks nice. Could use some sprucing up of the wood beams outside the garden areas. And the front door was gross and dirty and really needs to be painted ASAP! Otherwise I was happy, and room was clean! Bed was REALLY comfortable too!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed at the Chase Suites about four years ago (maybe 5). I don't remember much about it. The rooms were fairly large, and looked ok. However, we only ended up staying a half of a night because, when we used the chimney, smoke filled our room and we had to evacuate. We were offered free nights but we refused and left. We decided to go to the Embassy Suites Hunt Valley which was pretty good.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Honestly this place sucks. I was here with my family and team for Junior Olympics when we got here in our first room there were ants and bugs that I didn't know of. So immediately left and got another room. In the next room the toilet was not connected. Like it was leaning forward to the point I almost flew off, and on top of that before I could even repack up my stuff the maintenance man came and took the toilet off and put it in the room. That was very gross. And the next room I got it had a really bad odor. Finally I was to the point of leaving and being a new hotel. But I tried one last place and I was good. Everything was good until I woke up with bite all on my arms legs and butt, but I thought it was nothing, until I found other members on the team had bites. I called the manger who refuse to help us so I went to the assistance who confirm that the bites were BED BUGS! so we packed up and left. Not only did my child get food poisoning but the maids did not wash our towels or bedding. Honestly please do not stay where take my word.

• Stayed July 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed here overnight one night with my husband and two children on our way to Myrtle Beach. The smell of the room was foul to start off. We found two pairs of dirty underwear, one stuffed inside the couch bed and one hanging out from under the fitted sheet on the bed! Went to the desk and complained and demanded to be moved to a CLEAN room, the man at the desk seemed not to believe me, so he had to come to the room and see for himself. He did but had no answers as to why this room that they gave us was so gross and dirty. He did move us to another room which was clean and smelled better but by that time we just couldnt wait for the next morning to come to get out of there!!! Price was too good to be true, should've known something was wrong. Beware....don't stay there!!!!

• Stayed June 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hunt Valley
Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley
Hunt Valley Inn, a Wyndham Grand
Residence Inn Baltimore Hunt Valley
Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore - North/Hunt Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley

Been to Quality Suites Hunt Valley? Share your experiences!