“outstanding customer relations” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate

You added Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate to your Saves list
Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   245 Shawan Road, I-83, Hunt Valley, MD 21031 (Formerly Hunt Valley Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Hunt Valley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Durham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

The room was barely adequate; the bed was cheap, the coffeemaker was in the bathroom, a mini-fridge did not come standard and had to be requested - nothing was mentioned when I was booking the room. It was clear that the hotel had previously been a smoking hotel, and there were lingering odors.

The buffet was overpriced with low quality food of questionable temperature, and the snack bar was closed; apparently it has been for years.

The shower failed to keep a consistent temperature, and when asked, the hotel staff had no answer or advice for the alternately scalding and frigid water.

I expect a certain level of quality when staying at a Wyndham hotel, and this fell far short of that expectation. This was more like an Econolodge than a Wyndham family hotel.

On the plus side, due to the labyrinthine nature of a hotel that has received multiple additions, the hotel staff did very kindly provide a map and directions for where to park for easy access.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

David S, Manager at Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
I want to apoligize on behalf of the entire Hunt Valley team for the difficulties you encountered while staying with us. We strive to give the best possible hospitality and service to our guests and clearly fell short during your stay. I hope we can get a second chance to make a better first impression. Thank you
Alfred, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Everything near the Baltimore Convention Center was booked, so I chose this place because I was told it was convenient to the light rail service on a line directly to the Convention Center. The person who took my reservation said it was right across the street. It is not across the street. I had a very difficult time finding it from the Hunt Valley station. It was over a 15 minute walk, not the 1-2 minutes I was led to believe. Several places on the walk were very dangerous for pedestrians. I was almost hit by a car in the parking lot. People in the neighborhood were unfriendly.

When I arrived at about 10pm, there was a line of about ten people ahead of me. Staff appeared to be argumentative and defensive. The two people working stepped away from the counter and into the office several times. I was hungry, tired, and on edge, so complications with my room were not something I needed. The people ahead of me were clearly impatient and tired of waiting in line as well. Check-in took over a half-hour. When I finally reached the front of the line, they did not have my reservation on file, even though I had a printout with a confirmation number and a receipt that I was billed for the room in advance. This appeared to be a pattern with the guests ahead of me in line. Predictably, the clerk at the front desk went back into the office for several minutes. When she returned, she said that they still had rooms and that they would honor the rate I had already paid. However, because of several conventions, they were very close to being sold out.

After putting things away in my room, I went looking for something to eat. Again, navigating an ocean of asphalt, the choices were mostly franchise chains. I opted to buy something at a supermarket. My room did not have very many amenities. As others noted, the carpets are not cleaned very well. It had signs of being poorly maintained and was somewhat threadbare. The place may have seen better days, but now it is rundown.

In the middle of the night, a couple outside my room had a yelling and screaming argument. The hotel security came and made more racket threatening them and getting them to quiet down. There was a horror movie convention showing horror films all night in various rooms. Both nights I stayed, people were coming and going, shouting, running and slamming doors. It did not make for a good night's sleep and I was wiped out for meetings at the Baltimore Convention Center. I could not wait to leave.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I am sorry to hear of such a difficult arrrival experience. I have addressed the issues you experienced with our housekeeping and front office teams. We hope you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our area and our hotel and want you to walk out the door feeling refreshed. Thank you for your feedback.

Travelers are raving about these Hunt Valley hotels

Been to Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate? Share your experiences!