“Inconvenient Location, Lousy Service, Rowdy Guests” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate

You added Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate to your Saves list
Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   245 Shawan Road, I-83, Hunt Valley, MD 21031 (Formerly Hunt Valley Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Hunt Valley
Alfred, New York
“Inconvenient Location, Lousy Service, Rowdy Guests”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Everything near the Baltimore Convention Center was booked, so I chose this place because I was told it was convenient to the light rail service on a line directly to the Convention Center. The person who took my reservation said it was right across the street. It is not across the street. I had a very difficult time finding it from the Hunt Valley station. It was over a 15 minute walk, not the 1-2 minutes I was led to believe. Several places on the walk were very dangerous for pedestrians. I was almost hit by a car in the parking lot. People in the neighborhood were unfriendly.

When I arrived at about 10pm, there was a line of about ten people ahead of me. Staff appeared to be argumentative and defensive. The two people working stepped away from the counter and into the office several times. I was hungry, tired, and on edge, so complications with my room were not something I needed. The people ahead of me were clearly impatient and tired of waiting in line as well. Check-in took over a half-hour. When I finally reached the front of the line, they did not have my reservation on file, even though I had a printout with a confirmation number and a receipt that I was billed for the room in advance. This appeared to be a pattern with the guests ahead of me in line. Predictably, the clerk at the front desk went back into the office for several minutes. When she returned, she said that they still had rooms and that they would honor the rate I had already paid. However, because of several conventions, they were very close to being sold out.

After putting things away in my room, I went looking for something to eat. Again, navigating an ocean of asphalt, the choices were mostly franchise chains. I opted to buy something at a supermarket. My room did not have very many amenities. As others noted, the carpets are not cleaned very well. It had signs of being poorly maintained and was somewhat threadbare. The place may have seen better days, but now it is rundown.

In the middle of the night, a couple outside my room had a yelling and screaming argument. The hotel security came and made more racket threatening them and getting them to quiet down. There was a horror movie convention showing horror films all night in various rooms. Both nights I stayed, people were coming and going, shouting, running and slamming doors. It did not make for a good night's sleep and I was wiped out for meetings at the Baltimore Convention Center. I could not wait to leave.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
David S, Manager at Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
I am sorry to hear of such a difficult arrrival experience. I have addressed the issues you experienced with our housekeeping and front office teams. We hope you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our area and our hotel and want you to walk out the door feeling refreshed. Thank you for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
West Deptford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Stayed this past weekend with the crew from Faeriecon East 2013, Room was a king size bed,Room was clean,No smells and the bed was Quite comfy,No bugs and room temp was easily controlled,Only minor issue was a lack of Hot water early in the morning and weak water pressure,But overall all our 2 night stay was quite enjoyable!We will return for next years faeriecon.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good (buffet scrambled eggs will never be great anywhere) and the waiter was attentive. The food in the Grille was very good: hamburger done as ordered, quesadilla served with amply quantities of sour cream, sauce and guacamole, true Maryland crab cakes (no filler) and chicken that could be cut with a fork.
It was nice to have 2 comfortable chairs in the room (wing and high back desk chair) and the beds were good. Yes, it's good that there will be a renovation because there are cosmetic changes necessary, but we would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate? Share your experiences!