“Fun and Restfull” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate

Save Saved
You added Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate to your Saves list
Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   245 Shawan Road, I-83, Hunt Valley, MD 21031 (Formerly Hunt Valley Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Hunt Valley
Smyrna, Delaware, Usa
“Fun and Restfull”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I love The interior and exterior of this hotel. The rooms were beautifully furnished and the bed comfortable and clean. The hotel provides a heated swimming pool and close distance to a town center. I wish I could've stayed longer!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Carol S,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a nice review. We greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments. I hope to see you again in the future!
Ken Peduzzi, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Ashburn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Our room was much better than last year.
The service was excellent in all areas - friendly staff, knowledgeable and helpful.

The weak point is food services - we LOVE the breakfast buffet (especially the omelet/waffle station! However, they were VERY short staffed fo lunch and dinner. The staff TRIED, but there just were not enough on the serving staff or the kitchen/prep staff. In addition, they ran out of several items on the already very limited menu. When an event like the Mid Atlantic Nostalgia Convention comes to your hotel - most of us do NOT want to leave and not having a good option for dinner is very disappointing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Richard C,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. All feedback is valuable to us so that we can perfect our guests’ experiences. I would like to apologize for the delay you experienced during your meals. Thank you for bring this to my attention and I will be talking with my team regarding your comments. Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope this experience does not deter you from staying with us in the future.
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We were recommended to stay at the Hilton, but hoping to find something a bit cheaper. Our first impressions of the hotel were good...nice, clean rooms, pool, and a complimentary breakfast, which we weren't expecting. They also granted up a late check-out (1pm) as my partner had a conference in the morning, and I was to going to relax at the hotel.
I was bit surprised not to find one of those information binders in the room which provides you with details about the amenities, room service, stationary, etc. I was also annoyed that there was no refrigerator in the room (we had things we had been hoping to keep cold). On closer inspections the furniture was a bit run-down and shabby-looking. And the a/c is quite loud, and turns on and off.
The main reason I chose this hotel was for the great-looking pool. After breakfast (standard, typical buffet, but with an additional customised omelette service, which was great), I gathered my things to make use of the pool and hot tub, only to find out it was closed during the day. This alone would have made me choose a different hotel. I returned to my room thinking I could take a bath and found this wasn't possible either, due to the tubs not having plugs. Additionally, I also made myself an in-room coffee and had to get creative due to the lack of stir-sticks/spoons (a minor thing, but irritating when everything seems to be not working out).

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel. The price was good if you're just looking for a clean place to sleep, but if you want to make use of great amenities, you should probably splurge on the Hilton.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Ash1020,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. All feedback is valuable to us so that we can perfect our guests’ experiences. The issues you mentioned will be addressed immediately and I will have our Room Manager perform a review to ensure all rooms meet our high standards. Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope this experience does not deter you from staying with us in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Hunt Valley hotels

Chesapeake, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My wife and I just attented a convention being held at the hotel. The hotel needs a makeover and the personnel need more training. I asked three people about the concierge room that we had access to on three previous occassions. We were told, the room is not available but will be in the future, yes it is available on Tuesday and Wednesday (it was not) and another employee told us that it would be available everyday. I do not understand why no one seems to know the answer to a simple question. The ice machine did not work the first two days. The restaurant closed early on the first day of the convention and maybe on other days but we did not check after the first day. Also there was not a book in the room telling the guest about the hotel, local places to see and eat out along with no listing of TV channels. I just tried to mention simple things that I feel each hotel should have and not to keep being told that the ownership is in transistion. I do want to end on a positive note by saying that when asked, the personnel at the hotel assisted us by going to the restaurant to get us ice, run off a copy of the TV listing and even though I was never able to get into the concierge room, each employee gave me a different answer when asked. I know that new owners are there know and I can only hope that in time the hotel will be in "A" shape with a qualified staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Danny679,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I regret you were inconvenienced. We will soon be undergoing a major renovation and look forward to many new updates. I will be sure to share your kind comments about the staff during our next team meeting. I hope to see you again in the future.
Ken Peduzzi, General Manager

Been to Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate? Share your experiences!