“Very nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate

Save Saved
You added Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate to your Saves list
Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   245 Shawan Road, I-83, Hunt Valley, MD 21031 (Formerly Hunt Valley Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Hunt Valley
Carlsbad, California
“Very nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed at this facility last week on business and was treated to a nice facility with a good staff. I will say though that they had some teething pains they were going through because they were just acquired by Wyndham and some things did not yet click. We were planning on a breakfast buffet on our first day of meetings only to find no buffet and a staff taking orders, not always successfully. They had it all worked out fine the next day. Rooms were comfortable and always clean. Very quiet, even when the square dancers were there. The bar was quiet until Friday night when the place was packed. It must be the place to go and mingle on Friday night. The pool left a bit to be desired, too small for laps, but the gym looked adequate. I ran outside instead.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing one of the many interior courtyards, which are quiet and serene.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Mike4mula,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at Hunt Valley Inn. We’re happy to have had you as our guest while on business. We’re glad you enjoyed a quiet stay and found our accommodations clean and comfortable and our staff friendly during your visit. We’re looking forward to starting our multi-million dollar renovation and we hope you’ll return to see all of our updates. Thank you once again.

542 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Upon our arrival I was struck by how large the property was. It is in a great part of town and very convenient to the highway and our location.

When we got into our room the musty smell and dampness was more than I could handle. My daughter sneezed constantly, when I looked around the room to see what my be causing the problem I looked up and saw lots of mold below the a/c vent. It looked like the mold had been painted over to conceal. I promptly called the front desk and they came right upstairs with a new key to a room a few doors down. I must admit, I was skeptical but when I entered the room it was WAY better than the first room.

The rest of our stay was perfectly pleasant. I feel like in it's prime this hotel was almost resort quality. It seems like it could use some updating and TLC but with the size I realize this would be challenging and expensive.

I would stay here again, I would just have lower expectations. I got a great rate, so I can't complain.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
50toes,
Thank you for your review. We are sorry for the experience you had and we sincerely apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Please know we are addressing the issue you encountered in the first room with housekeeping and the engineering team. We will make improvements to provide a more positive guest experience. I’m glad you enjoyed the remainder of the stay and I’m pleased to hear you would visit us again. We are in the process of implementing a multi-million dollar renovation and we look forward to sharing our improvements. Thank you again for writing.

Salem, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The first thing we noticed on arrival was the beautiful landscaping. Flowers and shrubs everywhere. However, when we entered the lobby, it was unattractive and outdated. This is an older hotel in need of cosmetic upgrades. Wyndham doesn't have a complimentary breakfast which is a negative. Our king room was clean and spacious but the mattress was very uncomfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
zoiesgramma,
Thank you for writing a review. I’m glad you found our beautiful landscape appealing and your accommodations clean and spacious during your stay. We agree that it’s time for the Hunt Valley Inn to get a refresh and want to inform you that the hotels ownership has committed to a multi-million dollar renovation. We value your business and feedback on improving or guest experience. Please plan to visit us again soon to see our improvements. Thank you again for writing.

Ken Peduzzi, General Manager

Been to Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate? Share your experiences!