“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hunt Valley Inn, a Wyndham Grand

You added Hunt Valley Inn, a Wyndham Grand to your Saves list
Hunt Valley Inn, a Wyndham Grand
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   245 Shawan Road, Hunt Valley, MD 21031-1007 (Formerly Hunt Valley Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Hunt Valley
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at the Hunt Valley Inn during the SOMIRAC conference in April and I was impressed with the friendliness and competence of the staff. When I arrived I mentioned to my friend that I was thirsty and within seconds the front desk clerk brought me a bottle of water. Every morning I was greeted with a warm hello and have a good morning.
Hunt Valley Inn is conveniently located off of 83 with great accommodations. The room was comfortable and clean. I was so impressed with my stay that I spoke with the manager, Mr. Day. After speaking with him, I can see that the staff followed Mr. Day’s model of customer service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hunt Valley Inn, a Wyndham Grand, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Sandy K,
We appreciate you choosing to stay with us while in town for the SOMIRAC conference. I’m pleased to hear you were impressed with our friendly staff and their excellence in service. It’s wonderful to receive your kind comments about our great hotel, convenient location, and comfortable accommodations. We’re excited to announce that we are currently in the early design stages to complete a significant renovation and refresh to the hotel. We hope you’ll visit us again soon to see our progress. Thank you again for writing.

Shannon, Keaney, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed two nights at Hunt Valley Inn for the SoMirac reading conference. Parking surrounds the complex and so one never knows before checking in where to park to be close to your given room assignment. There was only one person at the front desk for check in or any other time I needed help and there was always a line. After checking in I moved my car near my room (or so I thought) and discovered that my key would not work in the outside door. I waited 15 minutes after calling the front desk three times but staff never showed up to let me in (after I had unloaded all my luggage and belongings) or to check on my key. Finally I gave up and reloaded my car and drove to another entrance. I couldn't believe it was only accessible by stairs (as you will see in the picture.) All I can say is that it's a good thing I work out! Once inside I still had to use the stairs to get to my second floor room. I did this because the elevators seemed to be sparse. In the future I would definitely use a porter to save time and hassle.
The facility itself was very nice and the staff was extremely kind, attentive, and friendly. I drove to the nearby town center to shop and eat the first evening. The second evening I ordered the oriental salad from room service and not only was it reasonably priced but it was absolutely delicious.
The conference facilities were well organized and there is even an escalator. My one complaint about the facilities during the conference was the room temperature was inconsistent. Be sure to layer your clothing. Sometimes I was freezing and was happy that I brought a sweater and other times the given room would be a bit too warm.
There is an indoor pool and a nice workout room with machines and a great selection of free weights. (You will see this in the pictures.)

Room Tip: Ask for the map when you are assigned your room!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hunt Valley Inn, a Wyndham Grand, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Melaney68,
Thank you for your review. We’re happy to have had you as our guest while here for the SoMirac reading conference. I appreciate your feedback and apologize for your frustrations at check-in. I’m glad that you liked our property otherwise, and found our friendly staff attentive during your stay. Your feedback is valuable and appreciated as it provides us with opportunities for improvement. I wanted to also let you know that we are currently in the early design stages to complete a significant renovation and refresh to the hotel. We hope you’ll visit us again soon to see the progress. Thank you again for writing.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This place is huge, right off the Interstate, and close to everything to make a stay enjoyable. The newly built Hunt Valley Town Center is right down the street. The hotel has a natural look to it with it's shake roof and dark brick facade, but nestled in a far less than natural looking corporate business park. Yet, once inside, all the natural beauty of the hotel surrounds you with beautifully maintained courtyards, and spacious common areas. The rooms are well maintained and equipped for any stay, with nearly every amenity that one would expect. The comfort of the bed, pillows, and linens are second to none. You can't go wrong with this selection!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the inside courtyard to enjoy the view of the flowers and blossoms. M...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hunt Valley Inn, a Wyndham Grand, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
FLBUG,
Thank you for your complimentary feedback on the hotel and great location. We’re delighted to have had you as our guest, and are glad you enjoyed your stay in our comfortable rooms. I am excited to announce that our owners are deep in the design stages to execute a multi-million dollar renovation. We hope you’ll return to see our progress. Thank you again for writing.

Fairfax, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed here for a convention, and it was amazing. Awesome staff, excellent prices, excellent food and drinks. All around an amazing convention. I really can't complain about anything. I honestly debated checking to see what sort of beds they had to buy one myself after the convention.

Room Tip: Definitely eat breakfast, the omelets were amazing!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hunt Valley Inn, a Wyndham Grand, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
IllyriaRainn,
Thank you for your review and kind comments about our excellence in service. We’re happy you found Hunt Valley Inn to be amazing during your visit. We’re excited to make our guest experience even more amazing with our upcoming renovation, as our owners are deep in the design stages to execute a multi-million dollar renovation. We hope you’ll visit us again soon to see the progress. Thank you again for writing.

Michigan Center, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The food they had was amazing, particularly the crab dip that they had on the menu. The rooms were clean and well kept. Staff were friendly and more helpful than any other hotel I had stayed at and the level of professionalism was one I could find no real flaws with. Beyond the rooms, the hotel has a design that left me with a feeling of being in a retreat rather than in the middle of an area with an outdoor mall, plenty of restaurants, and more. I would definitely consider using the Hunt Valley Inn in favor of other hotels in the area for travel just based on how comfortable I was there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
SalemPardus,
Thank you for writing! We’re happy to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us and you felt well taken care of by our friendly and professional staff throughout your visit. I’m excited to announce that we are currently in the early design stages to complete a significant renovation and refresh to the hotel. We hope you’ll return to see our improvements. Thank you again for writing

Kutztown, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Went to the hunt valley inn for a convention and everything was perfect! The servers were friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean and comfortable. No complaints at all. And the food and drink were beyond amazing. The convention space was awesome, it was super easy to get to and it was probably one of the best hotel stays Ive had in a very long time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Victoria G,
Thank you for your review and kind comments about our great hotel and friendly staff. I’m pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay with us and found the convention space to perfectly meet your needs. I am happy to report that our owners are deep in the design stages to execute a multi-million dollar renovation too add even more to our guest experience. We hope you’ll visit us again soon to check out our progress. Thank you again for writing.

Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed here because of it's proximity to Boordy Vineyard. Rooms were spacious and clean. The food in the bar was excellent. The only con was the pool/hot tub had far too much chlorine. I have never had a reaction to chlorine before, it's not pleasant let me tell you. Otherwise I was pleased with my stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Meg M,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us at Hunt Valley Inn. I’m happy you found the rooms spacious and clean and located close to Boordy Vineyard. I value your feedback and will review them with my leadership team. I’m glad you had a pleasant stay and also wanted to also let you know that our owners are deep in the design stages to execute a multi-million dollar renovation. We hope you’ll return to see our progress. Thank you again for writing.

Shannon Keaney, General Manager

Been to Hunt Valley Inn, a Wyndham Grand? Share your experiences!