“pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate

You added Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate to your Saves list
Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   245 Shawan Road, I-83, Hunt Valley, MD 21031 (Formerly Hunt Valley Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Hunt Valley
Asheville, North Carolina
“pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

After reading a number of dismal reviews, we approached the Hunt Valley Inn with a great price from hotwire and a fair amount of trepidation. We found the place to be a gigantic maze of colorful, pristine avant '80's carpeting. There are not a lot of elevators, but a map of the layout exists and would be handy to have in advance if you'd rather not reenact the opening scene of I ❤Huckabees . Our room was spacious, the quality of the bed was above average (on par with any Marriott) and we slept very well in quiet and comfort. If you want that sort of jetsons retro hyper modernism that you will find at any aloft type hotel, then you will be let down by the decor. Everything looked like we had time travelled back to 1987, to a clean room that had been neatly outfitted in 1985. But so what? I found that to be refreshingly low key and welcoming. We were not living there, just enjoying a brief and very affordable stay.

Room Tip: If you want to minimize walking, ask for a room fairly close to an elevator.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
talaria9,
Thank you for your review and your complimentary feedback on our hotel. I’m pleased to hear that our hotel, spacious rooms and comfortable beds exceeded your expectations. We agree that it’s time for the Hunt Valley Inn to get a refresh and you will be happy to know that the hotels ownership has committed to a multi-million dollar renovation which is being designed as we speak. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thanks again.

Shannon Keaney, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
NEWARK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

me and my wife checked in early on a friday for 2 night stay. early checkin ? no problem. room was great. they have a bellboy who took our luggage out of our car and up to our room. ..location of motel was great .right off of route 83. malls and places to eat right across the street. can"t say enough about their staff. 2 minutes at checkin.a heads up to Garvin at checkin and a floor supervisor John Nolker who helped me friday evening. i would have to give this motel a 5 star rating.

JACK G,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Hunt Valley Inn. We have a wonderful team here and it’s great to receive your kind comments on their excellence in service. I’ll be sure to give Garvin and John Nolker a special commendation for their outstanding service. I am excited to report that our owners are deep in the design stages to execute a multi-million dollar renovation. We appreciate you and your wife choosing to stay with us and we hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I have been here several times and have not had a bad experience. Yes the place could use some tlc, but my room was clean, hallways were fresh smelling and front desk personnel were engaging. I love the tubs, so much room in there for you and your significant other. Bed linens were comfy and cozy. I used hotwire and received a great rate and the location to food and shopping is superb.

• Stayed January 2013
LH753,
It's great to hear from you! Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Hunt Valley. We appreciate your repeat business and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room, large tub as well as our friendly staff. I am happy to report that our owners are deep in the design stages to execute a multi-million dollar renovation. We hope you'll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The front desk staff needs re-training on the foundations of customer service. Twice I approached the desk (check-in and check-out) and the staff kind of looked at me with a blank stare, no greeting, no thank you. I had to greet them! Also, upon check out I asked for a receipt for my stay and the lady "refused" to give me my receipt because I paid via a "third party." Yes, I paid via Hotwire but I have always received a receipt even at the 2-star hotels! I found the housekeepers very friendly, always kept my room well stocked with towels and timely with linen changes and trash removal.

I arrived to my room and totally clueless as to what this hotel has to offer. Unlike other hotels which have, "welcome" binders to tell you their services, you have to go on a "treasure hunt" and figure it out on your own. I looked on the website with no success. They have a decent gym and pool. A vending machine cafe, as well as, an in-house restaurant. Parking is free. Though the hotel is quite spread out, so much so the hotel is broken down into different buildings, depending on your building then you park there. Unless you want to park at Building A and walk to Building Z...lol :)

The hotel is located right off I 83, so close that you might pass by the hotel entrance and call the hotel for directions, and make a U-turn like I did...lol :) The surrounding area is Vibrant with a movie theater, grocery store, walmart, many eateries, suburbia feel, and starbucks not too far :) The area is an attraction, not the hotel. I will not be back to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Hunt Valley hotels

boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Excellent hotel/conference center, perfectly clean, attractively updated goodsize room and lobby. Hard to find at night; GPS doesn't seem to have its location mapped but look for illuminated sign for Hunt Valley/Cinnamon Tree (restaurant). Workout room has only cardio, business center has two computers and a printer, wifi worked fine but no hardwired internet. Didn't try the restaurant, which was a little expensive but even factoring that in the Hotwire price would have been a good deal.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

The Hunt Valley Inn hosted our boys soccer team for two days. Our reservation was made by a third part who dropped the ball. I contacted the sales department and spoke to a wonderful man by the name of Mr. Lawrence J. He fixed our situation and stayed in constant contact until every detail was sorted for all 46 of us.

The general hotel staff was kind and polite. The restaurant staff was great and extremely attentive. I did not get their names but I wish I had.

Shopping was close and the hotel had a sweet and kind driver who dropped us off to shop and was just a phone call away when our shopping was over.

The room was clean and the best part for me was the mattress it was just right for this mama bear. I have to ask the for the details of the mattress because I need to buy one just like it and the pillows too!

On behalf of myself and the Brampton East U16 Red Devils I would like to thank The Hunt Valley Inn and Mr. Lawrence J, for everything that was done to make this trip enjoyable.

Michell H

• Stayed March 2013
Romulus, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Recently stayed at the Hunt Valley Inn for the mid-Atlantic Innkeepers conference in mid-march. For the most part, our stay was comfortable, the room staff kept our room clean and resupplied and the bed was clean and comfortable. However, hot shower water was in short supply and the in room coffee maker was far from adequate. The overall staff was very helpful and courteous and room service was also prompt and served us with a smile.Also, something I never noticed before; the staff said Hello when we passed them in the halls! We received breakfast and lunch, with lunch being the better of the two, however reminded me of school cafeteria days. I also found out the hotel was in a state of transition and hope it receives the attention it deserves, for this has the potential of being a much better place...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate? Share your experiences!