“Definitely not disappointed!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate

You added Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate to your Saves list
Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   245 Shawan Road, I-83, Hunt Valley, MD 21031 (Formerly Hunt Valley Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Hunt Valley
MA
“Definitely not disappointed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was a little concerned after reading some of the poor reviews, but the price I got from Priceline was just too good. Overall, the Hunt Valley Inn was a nice hotel and we enjoyed our stay there.

The good:
The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. It had the usual amenities: including a flat screen TV, a phone, a coffee maker, and a hairdryer, to mention a few. There is a nice bar/lounge with great food near the lobby. The pool and hot tub looked very nice (we didn't get a chance to use them, but my in-laws did and enjoyed them!). Checking in and out were both easy experiences and the front desk staff were pleasant.

The bad:
The worst part of the stay was definitely the buffet. We went for breakfast on the first morning of our stay- there was no one to meet us (so we sat ourselves). The waitress who eventually came over was not very pleasant and, apparently, about to end her shift, as she kept rushing us through the meal. The food was ok (not great)-- and the price was obscene ($16 per person). Definitely not worth the $70 it cost for four of us to eat a barely adequate meal. Also on the negative list was that the management apparently decided to close the bar/lounge early on the first night of our stay, which was disappointing, as we were hoping to get a snack after our long trip. There were very few outlets in the room and the alarm clock had been left on and set for 5am (which was an unpleasant wake up!). The heating system was very loud and kept switching on and off all night, which woke me up each time- which was unpleasant. We turned the heat down the second night, which didn't seem to help much.

The basics:
I had been worried that the place would be difficult to find, but we saw the large sign from the off-ramp on 83 and it was the first right off the highway. There are many restaurants in the area (Chipotle, McDonald's, Outback, Panera, Carabba's- to name a few) and they are all easy to get to. There are also quite a few gas stations and two grocery stores nearby. The hotel campus is HUGE and it can be easy to get lost inside- but it was nice and quiet.

Overall:
I would definitely stay here again, especially for the price I paid.

Room Tip: Building A is closest to the lobby, but hard to find parking close to your room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Manlius, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Hunt Valley Inn is right off the exit of Rt. 83 near a corporate complex. I assume that the hotel caters to seminars and business travelers, but it was a very nice place to stay for a weekend with the family. It is near shopping, restaurants, the Maryland State Fairgrounds - everything you need for an excursion to sight see. There is a light rail station in walking distance as well.
The room we had was very clean. The pool is nice, the workout room was spacious, there was a "snack room" with vending machines. The restaurant/lounge was not as good as you would expect - especially given the prices. There was no kid-friendly foods and there was nothing below $13.95 on the menu except for appetizers. Desserts were non-existent. With the proximity of a Carabba's, an Outback, a Joe's Crabshack, Chipotle, Panera - I recommend skipping the hotel's restaurant for better fare.
Otherwise, very nice place to stay and the front-desk staff are very nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I visited the Hunt Valley Inn for a yearly convention a go to at different hotels with my younger sister and friend. For what we were there for its not a bad hotel.

Checking in was fine, rooms were ready right away, hotel was clean and rooms were neat and clean. We had a standard double bed non smoking room. Bathrooms were clean as well with plenty of towels. The rooms werent big but they did the trick. Again we were there for a convention so we didnt plan on spending much time in the room anyway.

We were there for a convention going on inside the hotel so obviously that was very convenient. And we enjoyed the convention like we always do.

If you want good food I suggest traveling to the inner harbor like we did at night time for dinners. The food in Baltimore is to die for, the views of the inner harbor, were breathtaking, and the nightlife was awesome.

But back to the hotel - we ate in the hotel once for breakfast on Saturday morning room service. And boy was that a mistake. The breakfast was awful. Came up cold. Gross eggs that had to be powdered, burnt toast, unedible bacon, and the bill was outragously high for the very low quality of the food.

I was also very annoyed because I asked for 2 - 2 liter bottles of seltzer they said they had them and i saw a charge on our bill for 12 dollars just for water, yet I got no seltzer and 2 tiny bottles of poland spring water instead. i called up to say "um what the hell?" and they apologized and sent me up again 2 tiny bottles but of this time seltzer, so I still never got my 12 dollars worth of seltzer that I paid for.

The coffee and hot chocolate we ordered was decent. And we also ordered this signature stuffed french toast dish to share and that was decent as well. The rest of the food we took one bite and couldnt touch again.

We were smart on Sunday morning we grabbed breakfast on the way back to NY at the broadway diner and it was delicious! it made up for the awful breakfast we the morning before at the hotel for sure.

I do want to commend the hotel security for their help during an unpleasant experience my sister, friend and I had on Saturday night. There was a wedding going on in the hotel and there were some drunk men acting up in the hallways and lobby, one guy inparticular was very drunk and was harassing my sister, friend and I to the point where we had to run from him down the hall while he was following us down to the lobby. We let hotel security know of the matter right away and they cornered the guy in the lobby in seconds and delt with the matter accordingly. We were very pleased with that.

All and all the hotel wasnt bad to stay at for the convention and also as long as you go elsewhere to eat its not a bad visit. But if you are planning on visiting Baltimore and the inner harbor, I believe there are much better hotels to choose from then the hunt valley inn.

I plan on returning to Baltimore this coming March for a weekend getaway with my honey but we will be staying at a very nice hotel in the inner harbor. i look forward to sharing that review with you all as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

i could not reserve at other hotels in the area. was disappointed as i stayed here twice prior. I must say, the hotel has been improved since my last stay. i found the help pleasant, the rates cheaper than other hotels and more appointments than my last visit here. i can say that the internet / wireless service was very poor in my room, there was a lack of power outlets and found a bit of dirt searching for power behind the bed!!!! Improved, but, will continue to stay as a last resort.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Elkridge
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

As you enter the hotel, you appreciate the 1960's style architecture. Unfortunately you might never see it. That is because this property is IMPOSSIBLE to get to. Oh, I saw the sign and the building plenty of times, but due to inferior and non-existent signage, I couldn't get there. No wonder Marriott pulled the franchise.
If you approach the property from eastbound Shawan Road, you must cross two lanes of busy traffic coming off of Interstate 83. If traffic is heavy, it is impossible to get over in time. If you miss the poorly lit and small sign, there is NOTHING past it that will direct you to the hotel. There are many other directional signs, even to other hotels, but there is nothing directing you to the back entrance. The property owner's must have really ticked off someone...

If you approach the property form west bound Shawan Road, don't bother. You can not turn left in to the property. OK, I get that, but at the next possible place to attempt a U-turn, the sign says left turn ONLY and indicates you may not make a U-turn. Like I said, forget it.

The only easy access to the hotel is if you are exiting northbound Interstate 83 and are going very slowly. Otherwise you might miss then poorly lit and very small sign.

Once you are in the hotel, it's not awfull. Well, there are no grab or safety rails in the slippery bath tub/showers. Oh, and don't go out one of the many exits that require a card room key to get back in, as they don't work. At first I thought my card was de-magnetized, but it did work in the room door. Yup, I had to walk from the very back to the very front of the hotel. The place is sprawling so it cost me 20+ minutes. Too bad I didn't notice one of the other security doors that had been blocked open...

As to service, the front desk staff at 9:30 AM on 01/06/2013 did not know where the nearest ice machine was located. Unfortunately, she she told me where she thought it was. Wow, was she wrong.

At 9:45 the night before, the waitress serving tables in the bar area of the Cinnamon Tree restaurant was friendly, but instead of charging us for two burgers (very tasty, btw) charged us for a burger and a crab cake, an extra $6.00. She then promptly disappeared.

This place needs a date with a bulldozer and if the lack of cars in the parking lot is any indication, that may happen soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Wade W, Manager at Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Greetings CorvairGuy,

It is true that building can be a challenge to get to and we apologize for that. There is a second entrance on the right a few hundred yards after the main entrance in case you are unable to get over in time and our parking lot is connected with the Executive Plaza located next door. When approaching from east, make the left on McCormick and then a right into the Executive Plaza. There is a bit of winding around required but you can easily make it to our front door from their main entrance as well.

Thank you for providing your feedback and providing me with an opportunity to post these directions on TripAdvisor.

Please feel free to contact me directly at 410-785-3945 if I can be of any further assistance.

Wade Weistreich
Director of Operations

Travelers are raving about these Hunt Valley hotels

Harrisburg, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This is a sprawling inn with dark, well-appointed hallways, lots of wood and brick and leaf and grass motifs, very attractive and updated. There are many conference rooms, and the campus is very pretty, and well secured. You need a card key everywhere. There is a full service restaurant, bar, but apparently no room service as there is no menu in the rooms. Nor is there any stationery. The room was luxurious: fancy hangers, an iron and ironing board in the closets, a huge 50" TV with lots of channels, some kind of high tech setup with a thing for ipads, a spacious desk, with fancy chair, fancy drapes, a chair with ottoman, and a comfy bed with down comforter, the square european pillows as well as smaller comfy pillows. The bathroom had fancy toiletries and granite counters. The bathtub appears not to have been updated, or else it was dirty. The rest of the room was clean and upscale. I felt treated. I used priceline and the value was fantastic. There is a little automat with sandwiches, apples, and such. I felt the staff were bad--slow, attitudinal, unhelpful.

Room Tip: breakfast is not included, the buffet is offered at $15
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

This property is located 20 minutes north if Baltimore in a great suburban center. It is close to where I live and work, across the street from a mall, many restaurants, shipping and movie theater.
The rooms are very spacious and clean. Bathrooms are large and well lite with amenities.
Service and staff are very nice.
Pool and fitness center, along with large bar and restaurant.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate? Share your experiences!