“Not Bad - Had to take away 2 stars because of the bad room service experience.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate

Save Saved
You added Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate to your Saves list
Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   245 Shawan Road, I-83, Hunt Valley, MD 21031 (Formerly Hunt Valley Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Hunt Valley
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I visited the Hunt Valley Inn for a yearly convention a go to at different hotels with my younger sister and friend. For what we were there for its not a bad hotel.

Checking in was fine, rooms were ready right away, hotel was clean and rooms were neat and clean. We had a standard double bed non smoking room. Bathrooms were clean as well with plenty of towels. The rooms werent big but they did the trick. Again we were there for a convention so we didnt plan on spending much time in the room anyway.

We were there for a convention going on inside the hotel so obviously that was very convenient. And we enjoyed the convention like we always do.

If you want good food I suggest traveling to the inner harbor like we did at night time for dinners. The food in Baltimore is to die for, the views of the inner harbor, were breathtaking, and the nightlife was awesome.

But back to the hotel - we ate in the hotel once for breakfast on Saturday morning room service. And boy was that a mistake. The breakfast was awful. Came up cold. Gross eggs that had to be powdered, burnt toast, unedible bacon, and the bill was outragously high for the very low quality of the food.

I was also very annoyed because I asked for 2 - 2 liter bottles of seltzer they said they had them and i saw a charge on our bill for 12 dollars just for water, yet I got no seltzer and 2 tiny bottles of poland spring water instead. i called up to say "um what the hell?" and they apologized and sent me up again 2 tiny bottles but of this time seltzer, so I still never got my 12 dollars worth of seltzer that I paid for.

The coffee and hot chocolate we ordered was decent. And we also ordered this signature stuffed french toast dish to share and that was decent as well. The rest of the food we took one bite and couldnt touch again.

We were smart on Sunday morning we grabbed breakfast on the way back to NY at the broadway diner and it was delicious! it made up for the awful breakfast we the morning before at the hotel for sure.

I do want to commend the hotel security for their help during an unpleasant experience my sister, friend and I had on Saturday night. There was a wedding going on in the hotel and there were some drunk men acting up in the hallways and lobby, one guy inparticular was very drunk and was harassing my sister, friend and I to the point where we had to run from him down the hall while he was following us down to the lobby. We let hotel security know of the matter right away and they cornered the guy in the lobby in seconds and delt with the matter accordingly. We were very pleased with that.

All and all the hotel wasnt bad to stay at for the convention and also as long as you go elsewhere to eat its not a bad visit. But if you are planning on visiting Baltimore and the inner harbor, I believe there are much better hotels to choose from then the hunt valley inn.

I plan on returning to Baltimore this coming March for a weekend getaway with my honey but we will be staying at a very nice hotel in the inner harbor. i look forward to sharing that review with you all as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

529 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

i could not reserve at other hotels in the area. was disappointed as i stayed here twice prior. I must say, the hotel has been improved since my last stay. i found the help pleasant, the rates cheaper than other hotels and more appointments than my last visit here. i can say that the internet / wireless service was very poor in my room, there was a lack of power outlets and found a bit of dirt searching for power behind the bed!!!! Improved, but, will continue to stay as a last resort.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Elkridge
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

As you enter the hotel, you appreciate the 1960's style architecture. Unfortunately you might never see it. That is because this property is IMPOSSIBLE to get to. Oh, I saw the sign and the building plenty of times, but due to inferior and non-existent signage, I couldn't get there. No wonder Marriott pulled the franchise.
If you approach the property from eastbound Shawan Road, you must cross two lanes of busy traffic coming off of Interstate 83. If traffic is heavy, it is impossible to get over in time. If you miss the poorly lit and small sign, there is NOTHING past it that will direct you to the hotel. There are many other directional signs, even to other hotels, but there is nothing directing you to the back entrance. The property owner's must have really ticked off someone...

If you approach the property form west bound Shawan Road, don't bother. You can not turn left in to the property. OK, I get that, but at the next possible place to attempt a U-turn, the sign says left turn ONLY and indicates you may not make a U-turn. Like I said, forget it.

The only easy access to the hotel is if you are exiting northbound Interstate 83 and are going very slowly. Otherwise you might miss then poorly lit and very small sign.

Once you are in the hotel, it's not awfull. Well, there are no grab or safety rails in the slippery bath tub/showers. Oh, and don't go out one of the many exits that require a card room key to get back in, as they don't work. At first I thought my card was de-magnetized, but it did work in the room door. Yup, I had to walk from the very back to the very front of the hotel. The place is sprawling so it cost me 20+ minutes. Too bad I didn't notice one of the other security doors that had been blocked open...

As to service, the front desk staff at 9:30 AM on 01/06/2013 did not know where the nearest ice machine was located. Unfortunately, she she told me where she thought it was. Wow, was she wrong.

At 9:45 the night before, the waitress serving tables in the bar area of the Cinnamon Tree restaurant was friendly, but instead of charging us for two burgers (very tasty, btw) charged us for a burger and a crab cake, an extra $6.00. She then promptly disappeared.

This place needs a date with a bulldozer and if the lack of cars in the parking lot is any indication, that may happen soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Wade W, Manager at Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Greetings CorvairGuy,

It is true that building can be a challenge to get to and we apologize for that. There is a second entrance on the right a few hundred yards after the main entrance in case you are unable to get over in time and our parking lot is connected with the Executive Plaza located next door. When approaching from east, make the left on McCormick and then a right into the Executive Plaza. There is a bit of winding around required but you can easily make it to our front door from their main entrance as well.

Thank you for providing your feedback and providing me with an opportunity to post these directions on TripAdvisor.

Please feel free to contact me directly at 410-785-3945 if I can be of any further assistance.

Wade Weistreich
Director of Operations

Travelers are raving about these Hunt Valley hotels

Harrisburg, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This is a sprawling inn with dark, well-appointed hallways, lots of wood and brick and leaf and grass motifs, very attractive and updated. There are many conference rooms, and the campus is very pretty, and well secured. You need a card key everywhere. There is a full service restaurant, bar, but apparently no room service as there is no menu in the rooms. Nor is there any stationery. The room was luxurious: fancy hangers, an iron and ironing board in the closets, a huge 50" TV with lots of channels, some kind of high tech setup with a thing for ipads, a spacious desk, with fancy chair, fancy drapes, a chair with ottoman, and a comfy bed with down comforter, the square european pillows as well as smaller comfy pillows. The bathroom had fancy toiletries and granite counters. The bathtub appears not to have been updated, or else it was dirty. The rest of the room was clean and upscale. I felt treated. I used priceline and the value was fantastic. There is a little automat with sandwiches, apples, and such. I felt the staff were bad--slow, attitudinal, unhelpful.

Room Tip: breakfast is not included, the buffet is offered at $15
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

This property is located 20 minutes north if Baltimore in a great suburban center. It is close to where I live and work, across the street from a mall, many restaurants, shipping and movie theater.
The rooms are very spacious and clean. Bathrooms are large and well lite with amenities.
Service and staff are very nice.
Pool and fitness center, along with large bar and restaurant.

• Stayed December 2012
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I received my reservations through Priceline at a great price but was a bit worried about this property because of some of the negative reviews. As always, I took them with a grain of salt and expected just an okay stay.

We checked in painlessly and got a non-smoking room with a huge king bed...just what we wanted! The room was excellent and everything worked as designed. In older hotels I'm always worried they may still use tube-type televisions but the Hunt Valley has modern electronics so no worries!

I lived in this area while in high school and realized the Hunt Valley Inn was old but if the facilities are kept up it really shouldn't be an issue. The Inn has been beautifully kept over the years and it really is a gem. There is an Embassy Suites across the street (my favorite brand) but I would pick the Hunt Valley Inn over them when we visit this area again in the future. The only possible downside would be the size of the property. It is huge...organized into several different buildings and until you get the "lay of the land" you might find yourself wandering in circles trying to find your room or the front desk. I am directionally challenged so this might not be a problem for others. Also, the huge parking lot is in need of re-stripping (if that's the correct term). The "lines" for the parking slots are faded to the extent you really can't see them any longer.

Bottom line...I will stay here again. It is a beautiful property, great staff members, super clean and quiet. The owners and the management of this hotel can be proud of themselves!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Carterville, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The room was spacious, well maintained, clean. Bed comfortable/had a good night's sleep. Complimentary breakfast was disappointing for me-- Although they had a good selection, they didn't have what I wanted, so I'll say that's because I was being entirely too fussy. There were, however, too many fruit flies!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Affiliate? Share your experiences!