“Solid but not exceptional” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Havre de Grace, Maryland
“Solid but not exceptional”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Being a resident of HdG I have eaten here numerous times. The food is good, but if you are looking for exceptional cuisine I would suggest Laurrapin. Service is generally good. The water view is mediocre at best, as the restaurant sits well back from the water and you really overlook a parking lot, water treatment plant and a railroad bridge. I would also say that several of the tables are too close together.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Asbury Park, New Jersey
“Nice surprise. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We were headed north on I-95 coming from DC and I didn't want to stop for fast food. I decided to pull off in Havre De Grace, and use trip advisor to find somewhere to eat. This place is set right on the river we sat outside on the deck. Ordered a delicious strawberry salad and the prime rib special only $14.99 our server Ronda was accommodating and on point. We showed up late and we were hungry. She made is fresh coffee and kept it coming. I recommend this place to anyone traveling and wanting to pull off to the perfect place to recharge. Thanks to the staff of MacGreggors for giving us the boost we needed to make it the rest of the way to NJ... ( now about that $8.00 toll ) wow Maryland!
We will definitely be back, we often travel back and forth.

Flowood, Mississippi
“good food ok atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I went here for dinner and had the fish and chips. The portions was very big, the batter was just right; light and crispy golden brown. The fish had was flakey with no fishy taste or slime film. It just tasted fresh and clean. The atmospere was ok, it was clean and quiet. Don't go expecting a bar or pub feel. It was more of a homey feel like if you had high top tables in your den. I would go back here.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Wonderful Environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We've eaten at McGregors dozens of times and love the atmosphere and all of the employees. This is an excellent restaurant in a great little town. Summer is especially nice with the outdoor seating on the deck with a view of the Susequehanna River and Hatem Bridge. I've never had a bad meal. In the winter they have a frequent diner deal that is especially economical and during NFL season a lively crowd shows up to cheer and jeer for the Ravens.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Avondale, Pennsylvania
“Good lunch and view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

My wife and I had lunch here on a Saturday in late December around noon. There were plenty of tables available. We sat on the deck, which is enclosed for the winter. We started with the Cream of Crab soup, which is always excellent! I had the crab cake sandwich, which was good, but not exceptional. The service was very good.

• Visited December 2013