“Great B&B as well as Wedding Venue!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vandiver Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Havre de Grace
Vandiver Inn
You added Vandiver Inn to your Saves list
301 South Union Avenue, Havre de Grace, MD 21078   |
Bel Air, Maryland
“Great B&B as well as Wedding Venue!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

I was in a wedding at the Vandiver Inn the weekend of Hurricane Irene(August 2011). The entire wedding party was extremely nervous about the hurricane approaching and was hoping everything went as planned. The staff at the Vandiver were amazing! They made the bride & groom calm and were very flexible in all ways even if they wanted to make any last minute changes due to the weather. 15 people cancelled attending the wedding last minute due to the storm and the Vandiver were very understanding and even took off their plate cost due to the circumstances. (venues normally don't do things like that) this place has a family touch that made everyone feel at home. The rehearsal was top notch and the food was amazing! The owner is the chef and makes everything perfect! The owner came out and introduced himself and went over the menu and thank everyone for being there. The event coordinator was absolutely AMAZING. She made the day the most perfect it could be (even during 50mph winds). She had everything we needed throughout the weekend and was the most cheerful lady I have ever met. The bride and groom were just as pleased throughout the entire 2 days we were there. The B&B itself is just beautiful. All the rooms have there own special touch and the beds were the most comfortable I have ever slept on. The breakfast the morning after the wedding was amazing and we even chatted with the owners in the morning about the history the B&B had. Overall, I would recommend this venue or B&B to everyone. I go to B&B every year with my Fiancé and this was one of the best I have seen. Thanks Vandiver for making my best friends wedding the best ever!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, it just depends what size bed you would like.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect. Even if the crisp memories fade after many many years the feeling that I had the whole day will stay strong. I have to thank The Vandiver Inn staff, especially Chasi, for that. Chasi was the most supportive coordinator I could have asked for. She was there every time I needed something, even when I didn't realize I needed something (like food and wine!), and yet non-intrusive and supportive. She even made an issue that could have been HUGE seem totally insignificant so that we could keep the beautiful day going.

I can't say enough about the Inn. It was just amazing to have my family all in one place before and after the wedding. Being able to walk right down to the restaurants and bars made everything so easy. The rooms are beautiful, comfortable and clean.

John and Susan were great throughout the few days, supportive and professional. Breakfast was good and the food at the rehearsal and dinner was great. The other staff were more than wonderful. Everyone was very nice and always lending a helping hand.

All of our guests had a blast and we couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

This little inn is a diamond in the rough. We were in Havre de Grace for less than 24 hours to attend an engagement party and weren't to thrilled with the neighborhood on first arrival. When we pulled up to the inn, there was a wedding going on, but we simply called the number provided in our confirmation email and someone quickly met us outside and ushered us to our room. It wasn't the slighestest bit off-putting. Our room was lovely. Well stocked and just what we needed. The bed was incredibly comfortable!! and we are tough critics. (Stockett). The next morning, we dedcied to try the continental breakfast and it was absolutely delicious...fresh eggs and homemade french toast. Coming from NYC, I would have definitely paid for this breakfast. The staff was consistently friendly and accomodating, especially when I had a credit card issue and they took extra time to make sure it was smoothed over and taken care of. All in all, this is a terrific place to stay. A+!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We recently spent a wonderful night at the Vandiver. We had to break a long drive and opted against a chain hotel. The inn's location is perfect: just a few miles off I-95. Havre de Grace is nice and quiet, the little town that time forgot.
There was a wedding the night we were there -- I think we were the only room that wasn't part of it -- but it was done early and no inconvenience to us. Our room was nicely appointed and very cozy/comfy. I'm not a big fan of memory-foam beds in general but I can deal for one night. Breakfast was excellent, good choice of hot entrees and toast, cereal, etc.
Overall, this is great value for the price, and we'd totally return if we're in the area again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Havre de Grace, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

We can’t begin to thank you enough. Alison and Graham’s Wedding Day was perfect. For everyone to be so close to Alison and Graham during the ceremony made it personal and more intimate. The flower arrangements that Steve Formwalt did as the backdrop gave the outdoor venue a beautiful appearance as did all the other flowers and surrounding gardens. We had an amazing party!!!!

From the first day we signed the contract to the Wedding Day, you were there always with a smile and you knew better than I that everything would come together. I continue to get emails and phone calls from family and friends who totally enjoyed themselves and their stay at the Inn. We all loved the quaintness of the Vandiver Inn, the food and of course being there for the wedding. This could not have happened without Chasi, Susan and John! I also want to thank the serving and bartending staff who did a fabulous job, too! You are an amazing team.

As I think back on Saturday, I did not think or worry even once about where we had to be or what time....you did it all and we just enjoyed the day. Every detail was taken care of and you took wonderful care of Alison to keep her calm and relaxed (as much as possible).

Your professionalism, kindness and smile that day kept us all going!

Thank you does not seem enough, but it is truly a heartfelt thank you for taking care of every detail and allowing us to have a wonderfully care free day on our daughter’s wedding day!

The Vandiver Inn is a wonderful place to stay.

Kathy and Alan
Havre De Grace, MD

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Morristown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Last week a large portion of my family traveled down to Havre de Grace for a wedding at The Vandiver Inn. I was not overly excited because it was an outdoor event, and the heat index was predicted to be 113 Degrees. Let me say, I was happily surprised by the experience.

The Inn is an old building, so a few hiccups with the A/C were to be expected. The staff was quick to solve any problems with the temperature. When the shower in my brother & sister-in-law's room acted up, they were quickly moved into an apartment sized room. It was twice the size of their former room, and included a full kitchen and living room with dining room table. It was quite impressive.

The wedding took place in their outdoor pavilion. The Inn had multiple large fans set up. I was sweating, but was comfortable throughout the ceremony (and a beautiful ceremony it was). We then moved inside for the cocktail hour. The bartender was quick and very helpful. While we were inside, the staff quickly moved tables into place, and soon we were back on the pavilion for the rest of the evening. The food was typical of most weddings. The bartenders were on their toes. They were always ready to refill a glass.

My 88 year old Grandma took a spill on her way inside. The mother of the bride (who is also a nurse) was very concerned. The staff responded by giving us multiple emergency pop ice packs, and offered us more options if we needed further medical care.

All in all, The Vandiver Inn did a fabulous job. The owners and staff were very pleasant. To those who have made negative comments on other reviews, I say this. It's an old building. As someone who lives in a home originally built in the 1930s, it comes with it's own charms and complications. The staff does a great job of helping you see past any hiccups.

PS-If you are planning to visit on a weekend, I'd check to see if they're are any weddings on tap. That way you know what you may be getting into when it comes to activity during your stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Gulph Mills, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

The Vandiver Inn is a fabulous B&B located in the heart of a small charming town. Our family spends the 4th of July at the Vandiver. It is like a step back in time - I call it Mayberry RFD. The staff is warm, friendly and accommodating. The rooms are beautiful and spacious. The food is delicious. I feel like I'm at home. Staying at the Inn for the 4th is simply fabulous. The big parade goes right by the B&B. The best seat in town is on the front porch of the Vandiver. Our family has been staying at the Vandiver for 10 years!! We will go back!

Room Tip: every room is a good room
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Vandiver Inn? Share your experiences!