“This used to be a nice place!!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 13 hotels in Hanover
Salisbury, MD
“This used to be a nice place!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2007

What happened to you Holiday Inn Express! You used to be a really nice place to stay but wow!! You need a makeover. Rooms are starting to show wear & tear. Carpet is starting to look worn. The bathtub tiles have cracks and lots of mold & the place is starting to smell & this is not just coming from 1 room; I had the privelege of seeing 3 rooms because I wasn't satisfied with the rooms I was given. Wall paper starting the peel and curtains were dirty. For years I have always stayed here because they offer courtesy transportation to/from BWI airport. Has always been real nice. Not this time. Haven't stayed there in over a year. Breakfast is still good. Was wondering why they weren't busy over the Christmas holidays, must have been the lack of cleanliness. I might be looking for a new place to stay when leaving out of BWI

• Liked — courtesy transportation to/from airport
  • Disliked — just dirty
  • Tips/Secrets — you might want to consider an alternate lodging
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Middle TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2006

I would definitely stay here again. Room was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Breakfast bar was well stocked and clean. Arundel Mills Mall is only 5 minutes away with plenty of places to eat. If you want to go to the Inner Harbor or Washington DC you are only minutes from the interstate. The free shuttle to the airport or the Marc Station is a big plus. We rented a car but still used the shuttle to take the Marc train to DC.

• Liked — Shower head
  • Disliked — Curtains did not close all the way
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Richmond, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2006

This is the third time I have stayed at this hotel and I do not know if I will be able to stay again. The first time was o.k. . The last two times the room was unclean. My last visit was very suprising... there was mold in the shower and severe stains on the carpet throughout the room. The bed covers had burn wholes and stains. I will find somewhere else next time.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Charlottesville, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2006

The shuttle picked me up at the airport and brought me to the hotel. I had mentioned that I was new to the area. So the driver told me what near the hotel and offer to drive me to the mall that was near. This service was a plus since I had no idea where I was. That evening when I got back I forgot that I did not pack a charger for my cellphone the frontdesk lady let me use hers. I have stayed at different hotels but this experience was wonderful I will choose this hotel again when I return to the area.

• Liked — Microwave
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sask
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2006

We stayed at this hotel for two nights in August with the idea that it is close to the Arundel Mills Mall. First off finding this hotel was very difficult, it is in a some what secluded area. Our 20min cab ride took over an hour, because the cab driver was unaware that there was even a holiday inn located in this area. We were allowed to check in early. The room was clean. The shuttle was willing to drive us to the mall; however I would have preferred walking if it wasn't so far. The shuttle service was excellent and was the only thing that made this poor location bearable. Our first night at the hotel, there was a lightening storm go through, which did a number on the phone system. The phone in our room would spontaneously ring in our room, connecting us to the front desk. This was very annoying at midnight!! The only dining option in this area is a Denny's. It would have been more enjoyable had we had a few other choices for diner. All in all, this is a typical Holiday Inn, but I found that this one in particular may not be in the best location!!

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Lebanon, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2006

This hotel is not located near most of the BWI hotel chains. We found the room to have stains on the furniture and the lower bed covering - and not particularly clean.
The elevator was not clean - but there were renovations going on. Upon arrival at BWI airport, no one answered the phone for transport from airport to the hotel. We eventually connected, but it was not easy. There is a Denny's restaurant near the hotel, but this was not very pleasant or clean. We selected this hotel because of previous recommendations, however, I think a traveler could do much better at a different BWI hotel.

• Stayed June 2006
Norfolk, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2006

I love the Holiday Inn Express chain, and their Baltimore Airport hotel did not dissapoint! Free parking, quick check-in, a large comfortable room, and a very friendly staff. As a Priority Club member (Holiday Inn's frequest guest program), I had a "goodie bag" waiting in my room when I checked in which contained: bottled water, Rice Crispie Treat, microwave popcorn, and cookies. They also have Otis Spunkmayer cookies at the front desk (a popular item). The room also had a coffee machine, a refrigerator and a microwave. Typical continental breakfast, with only one protein choice - hard boiled eggs. A nice gym with treadmill, 2 bikes, cross trainer and 4-station weight machine. Lots of shopping and restaurants nearby (all around Arundel Mills) - but you need a car. I stayed here the night before an outgoing international flight and the night I returned from the same trip ... and would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West? Share your experiences!