“Staff Responsive to room problem” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Andover, Massachusetts
“Staff Responsive to room problem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Just as I was going to bed, I noticed tiny ants on the night stand - lots of them. I called asking for a room change, but hotel was at capacity. The front desk offered to have sprayed within 30 minutes, but I passed because I just wanted to go to sleep. Within 10 minutes, they called that a room did open up, but I was too settled to want to move. In compensation, they offered me complimentary breakfast of points. I thought this a reasonable offer for the situation. I appreciate front desk attempt to resolve the problem, respect my wishes, and empowered with the points to lessen the negatative experience.

Room Tip: top floor rooms are bigger as setup for bar service
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I enjoyed my stay here. The first attempt at checking in was a dud, clerk was very friendly but room wasn't ready. Second attempt was met with a lobby full of loud teenagers and a busy clerk. He was courteous and took care of us as best he could. The room was very nice, king with a wet bar. Very spacious and having the extra seating was a benefit for family that visited. Didn't take advantage of the breakfast or fitness facility. Convenience of Denny's sharing the same parking lot was an added plus.

Room Tip: Corner (end of the hallway) rooms have the most space.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Garner, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was really impressed by the cleanliness of the bedroom and bathroom. Bed seemed extremely firm at first, but actually had a good night's sleep. Breakfast was very good with more variety than we often see, and the free shuttle drive to the airport took only about ten minutes. There's also a Denny's next door if you want a late dinner or a larger breakfast.

Room Tip: My room on the top floor (5th floor) was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Cedar Grove, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Only stayed one night for early departure from BWI. Super convenient and close to the airport.

Check In- Quick but the lady was not really friendly and could use hospitality refresh course. No smiles but I assume she was already on the defense because the King I had booked was oversold. Which honestly I didn't care since it was just a one night stay.

Rooms - very comfortable rooms! Personally, I found the beds uber comfortable. I slept well and no airport noise, which was my initial concern. Loved it! Amenities were great, microwave and fridge and most importantly, clean.

Wifi - not the best but not the worst.

Overall - for the purpose of my stay, it was good enough. I would absolutely recommend this hotel.

Did not have breakfast due to super early departure. They do offer round the clock coffee/tea at front desk.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
KLyons-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We're glad we were able to meet all of your lodging needs during your stay with us. We hope you've had the chance to visit some of our wonderful local attractions such as the Arundel Mills Outlet Mall, Maryland Live Casino, Medieval Times etc. You definitely can't leave without trying one of our delicious signature cinnamon rolls. We really appreciate all your comments and feedback as our goal is to provide 100% guest satisfaction. Thanks for choosing the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a decent, reasonably priced airport hotel. We were there for 3 nights and while satisfactory decided to move to a little more nicer hotel for the 4th night. Hotel has all the amenities you would need for a decent stay. Nice size room, comfortable beds (doubles not queens), microwave, minifridge, coffee maker, hair dryer. Free wifi internet worked great. Very roomy with lots of machines in workout room. They offer a free airport shuttle 24 hours a day that I noticed (we had a car rental). But there were things that after 3 nights that just generally annoyed me... 1. limited channels on TV 2. A/C worked fine and while not super noisy was the kind that every time it switched on, you had to increase the TV volume. 3. there were 2 computers with 1 printer in the lobby for guest use...there's no privacy and the couple times we needed to print out a map or info, there was always other guests on there looking at their Facebook pages...they all felt compelled to get off because others were not only waiting to use them but we could see their private pages. 4. While free breakfast is good offering alot of variety, it wasn't great. Eggs were that pre-made stuff and while there was always someone running around cleaning and refreshing supplies, it might be because they need more help, but a few times the canisters were out of coffee and pancake mix ran out. 5. And I always get annoyed when at 9 am you can hear housekeeping banging on the doors as they come down the hall. 6. Not that we used it but there was a washer and dryer placed oddly at the stairwell in the hall, right next to the exit door...no secure laundry room...would hate to be the room next to those machines if they were running.

While these things would not prevent me from staying here again....by the 4th night, I was just willing to pay more for a more quiet room and nicer facilities. The staff overall was nice and there's a Dennys right next to the hotel.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. We really appreciate your loyalty to our brand and would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay with us. We want to also apologize for any noise in the hallway from housekeeping. This issue will definitely be addressed and forwarded to proper department. We really appreciate your comments and feedback and we hope to see you again soon.
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Stayed here on a business trip. Waited at the airport for over an hour for the shuttle to pick us up. Called several times and was assured each time that the shuttle would be there in 10 minutes. Finally took a cab, which only took 9 minutes to get to the hotel. Other than that, the amenities were fine - typical of a Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Pete D,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am delighted to hear that you were satisfied with the featured amenities at the hotel. We are committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. It seems that we were not able to execute an exemplary hotel stay with regard to the shuttle service. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. The feedback we receive from you enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Salem, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2015

Stayed at this motel because we had stayed at the one in Ranson, West Va..
which we were very pleased with.
We went to the motel to make sure where it was at before going over to the Casino.
Kevin who was going to help us check in was super nice but the women who was there, RUDE !!
I think it was the manager,( don't know her name) told us we couldn't check in early (it was around 1:00 p.m.) which was okay since we weren't going to check in early anyway.
We asked her if there was a shuttle to the casino, she said yes but we would have to call when we were ready to come back to the motel later that night.
I took my friend to the casino and came back to the inn around 10 p.m. and wanting to make sure that the shuttle ran all night I asked her again if the shuttle ran all night.
Was told that the airport got first priority and that my friend would probably have to call a taxi cab at her own expense if she needed a ride back to the inn.
I asked her why they advertise they have around the clock shuttle if it doesn't pick up at certain times and she replied that is the was it is.
My friend called for a shuttle around 2:p.m. and had to wait for about an hour before being picked up.
So don't advertise something you don't provide.
Other then this women being RUDE !! everything else was very nice. room clean, good value for money, Breakfast was good and , eggs, cereal, toast, gravy and biscuits and more.
Kevin gave us directions to the Holiday Inn Express in Baltimore, Md. the next morning.
The young man was so polite and so helpful he deserves a lot of praise.

Room Tip: This is a great motel for the a clean, quite Inn close to the casino except don't relay on shut...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
KLyons-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
I would like to start off by apologizing for rude behavior you've experienced during your stay at our hotel. We will definitely address this issue to ensure that it doesn't happen again. However, shuttle service for our guest to and from the airport is our 1st priority and we must accommodate our airport guest before any other request. Every request within a 5 mile radius outside of the airport is a courtesy. Therefore we try to explain to our guest at the time of check-in or at the time of any shuttle request that we may not be able to pick you up in a timely manner if we have a high volume of shuttle request for the airport. Guest may sometimes need to take a cab at their own expense to and from the hotel. I apologize again for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We really appreciate your comments and feedback and we hope to see again soon. Thanks for choosing the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West and we appreciate your loyalty.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West? Share your experiences!