“Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Broderick, California
“Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Checked in to allow myself one more little day of exploring. Decided at 3pm to head to Baltimore Inner Harbor for dinner and super fast sightseeing. The shuttle driver took me to the light rail, gave me explicit instructions on what to do and reminded me to be back before the light rail stopped running. While I made it back it was an hour after I told him I would. I called hotel and the dispatched him to the train station, not the light rail. Rather than simply following the instruction, he decided to check for me first and if I wasn't me, then go to the train station. He picked me up in a very timely manner and said, "I remembered you were alone and wanted to make sure you got back safely." I love that he didn't forget about me. All the staff were attentive and I'm glad I stayed there.

Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
KLyons-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, 2 days ago
I'm glad our staff took great care of you and provided outstanding customer service during your stay with us. We hope that you've enjoyed your time sight seeing at the beautiful Baltimore Inner Harbor. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your comments and feedback as we strive to provide our guest with the best customer service. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Needed a hotel to stay at before an early am flight. They have a shuttle and allow you to leave your car for up to 14 days. The room was nice, clean, and exactly what I would expect from a HIE. The front desk staff was friendly and the shuttle was prompt. Won't have to look around again, know exactly where I will stay next time I need a BWI hotel.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. We really appreciate your loyalty to our brand and that we were able to provide you with excellent customer service during your stay with us. We hope you've had the chance to enjoy our nice hot breakfast along with our delicious signature cinnamon rolls before your departure. Thanks for taking the time to give us your comments and feedback and we hope to see you again during your future travels.
Hancock, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Wife and I arrived just before 10:30 on Wednesday 3/12 (today) and even though the hotel had been sold out the night before, Front Desk Terrell contact Housekeeping to find when first room would be ready. Was in room just after 11:00. This allowed me to take a short nap before going to my nephew's Air Force Retirement Social this afternoon. Was told could go get bite from Breakfast Bar while we waited for room.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your comments and feedback. We're glad to be able to accommodate and provide you with great customer service during your stay. Congrats to your nephew's retirement in the Air Force! We hope his ceremony was a huge success! We really appreciate your loyalty to our brand and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Waited 45 minutes for shuttle to takes us to Maryland Live! Driver arrived stated no shuttle to that location on this night. Front desk advised driver yes he was to provide shuttle. The driver told us we would have to wait another hour to be taken to that location!!!! It is less than a 5 minute drive. After wasting an hour of our 24 hour get away we decided to drive instead of wasting another hour. Never again!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
KLyons-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We would like to apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced regarding our shuttle service during your stay with us. We offer free shuttle service anywhere within a five mile radius on availability status only. Due to our property being a airport property, the airport shuttle request are our first priority. We really apologize for the miscommunication on our part and hope that you'll give us another opportunity to turn your experience with us into a great one. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express BWI West and we hope to see again soon.
Clifton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2015

After researching, frowning at prices, and cursing at location, we finally settled on the Holiday Inn Express. It was a good life decision. Tawanna and Kevin helped us check in and they could not have been more down to earth and nice.

The room was standard. There wasn't anything special about it. The beds were comfortable and they had pillows with different firmness on it. The television was lacking channels, but that could be that there was nothing on that day. We weren't staying in the hotel that long. We had to go watch people jousting while feasting at Medieval Times.

We definitely utilized the shuttle service. We went down to the lobby and hung out with Tawanna and Kevin at the front desk. They were my favorite people there, by far! We weren't just guests there, we were family! The shuttle was late due to traffic at the mall, but they kept us posted and also said that they could give us a call to our room when it arrived. We were having too much fun in the lobby chatting with people that we stayed.

Now, when we were done with our romantic getaway, we called for a shuttle pick up. They were very honest with us saying that it would take some time for us to get picked up due to the snow and crowds. About 30 minutes later, we were crammed in the van with the coolest shuttle driver! Though it was cold and there was a good amount of waiting, we still ended up having fun.
My boyfriend and I will definitely be visiting again.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
KLyons-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, February 19, 2015
Hello Haillie, glad we were your choice for your romantic getaway. Hope you had a great time at Medieval Times. I've been and it's a great show! I'm glad Kevin and Tawanna took great care of you during your stay with us. I'll be sure to pass your positive comments and feedback along to them both. We do apologize for the wait times you've encountered from our shuttle service. The mall can be very congested from time to time especially during inclement weather. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your comments and feedback. I'm glad we were able to accommodate all of your lodging needs. Again we thank you for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Sykesville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2015

got to the hotel around 4 and the room wasn't ready. Marlo and Tawana (sp?) were great and put a rush in to get the room ready. room was nice and clean. breakfast was super crowded but again, the staff did a great job keeping everything filled. and there was bacon! would definitely stay here again

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Hi Michelle, we really apologize for the delay at check-in. I'm glad to see that Marlo and Tawanna were able to assist you in a timely manner. I hope your overall stay with us was very enjoyable. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us you comments and feedback. Glad you've had the chance to enjoy our complementary hot breakfast, especially the bacon! I hope you didn't forget to try one of delicious signature cinnamon rolls, there're a big hit at out breakfast bar! Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West we value your loyalty and hope to see you again soon.
north carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2015

My daughter and I located this hotel after a rather long search. We needed a place with easy access to the airport but also easy access from local highways. We drove up from NC to meet her as she flew up from FL. It was a very nice facility and very comfortable. The breakfast was great and just what we needed. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
We would like start by apologizing for the slamming exit doors. Hopefully your next visit with us will be a more pleasant stay regarding the location of your room. We hope you were able to enjoy our hot breakfast featuring our delicious signature cinnamon rolls during your stay with us. We also offer free shuttle service based on availability anywhere within a 5 mile radius. Which we have several restaurants in the local area as well as the Arundel Mills Mall and Maryland Live Casino within a mile of our hotel. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express BWI West we really appreciate your loyalty. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West? Share your experiences!