“Best Holiday Inn Exp I've Been To / Recommend for Mil PCS” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
“Best Holiday Inn Exp I've Been To / Recommend for Mil PCS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I've been around. I always go holiday inn for the points.

Staff was great, super welcoming. Never met a nicer staff. It was like a team/family. Most well kept establishment I've been to. Someone is always cleaning or upkeeping. Breakfast was good, I love biscuits and gravy, but not the cheese in omelets... Does anyone like those? But they changed it up a lot.

They had an IHG wine and spread night. that was nice.

Internet could be faster. Youtubing was only with luck.

Room Tip: Don't get the room with the laundry right outside from it.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
KLyons-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Just want to start off by thanking you for your loyalty to the our Brand. We're glad you've had the chance to enjoy our IHG Rewards Reception, it is our way of showing our appreciation to all of our loyal members. Our reception also gives us a chance to greet and mingle with great people from all over. It's great to see that you received such a warm and friendly greeting from our staff as it is our goal to make our guest feel like they're home away from home. Thanks again for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The hotel van kept us waiting for an hour in the cold upon our return to BWI, so we gave up on it. If you are familiar with the airport, you know there is no way to wait inside and still see your shuttle, so we were stuck in the cold. First, we were told it would be 20 minutes. Fine – the hotel is 10 minutes away. After 25 minutes, we called again and were told an additional 15 minutes. After an hour, a shuttle driver from another hotel , who had seen us on his previous two passes, stopped and offered to take us. We know where his hotel is and he really went out of his way to help us. We are not naming that hotel on purpose, in case it would cause him difficulty.

The Holiday Inn Express is an adequate hotel. It is nothing special and not worth the aggravation we experienced. We chose it for the park and fly service and reasonable rate. Never again. There are a number of nice hotels in the BWI area, many providing the park and fly service. We have used others before and will return to them in the future.

I am an IHG Rewards member and have stayed in a number of HI Express hotels. This one has lost my business.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
We sincerely apologize for poor shuttle service you received at our hotel. We assure you that this is not something we practice on a regular basis. Since then we've definitely addressed this issue with the proper department to prevent this from happening again. We really appreciate your loyalty to the brand and we hope that you'll give us another chance to make matters right by you. If you would please call the hotel direct at 410-684-3388 and ask for the Front Office Manager so that we may discuss this issue further and resolve it to your satisfaction. We look forward to hearing from you soon and to regain your trust in the IHG Brand. Thanks again for choosing us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was my second time here at this hotel with a large group of athletes and the staff was amazing to each one of them and myself. Starting with Ms. Twanna and Ms. Kim in booking and blocking the rooms to Brittany who was awesome and so helpful when reserving my room. Brittany went out of her way to make sure I had my personal room reserved at the last sec and she didnt have to do that. Then when we checked in we dealt with two gentlemen who were named Terrell and Kevin. These two guys acted like a team and assisted each other to help our team and other guest in whatever was needed. I needed something for the kids to do, so they found me a laser tag close by and the kids had a blast there thanks to Terrell and Kevin. To the sign in the lobby they put up for the kids to see that their team was being recognized here was so thoughtful. But the man of the weekend was Big man Kevin. I had a problem Friday evening where I could not get the Xbox to work in the room and no one in my party could either. So down to the front desk I go and find a nice gentleman named Kevin. Kevin said Sir I can fix your problem. He came to room and within 5 minutes the boys had Madden going and were relaxed and calm thanks to Big Kevin. The kids had a blast here at the hotel and we will be back mostly because of this awesome amazing staff this hotel has hired and not to forget they have a great breakfast for the teams coming to the hotel. Thanks again Holiday Inn Express BWI and your entire staff.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
KLyons-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your comments and feedback. It's great to see that you've had such a wonderful experience here at our hotel and that our staff took such great care of you. As we strive to provide our guest with the most outstanding customer service. We're glad the team were able to relax and unwind after a long day of hard work on the field. We hope your teams hard work paid off and there was victory in the end! We really appreciate your loyalty and we hope to see you again soon. Go Yellow Jackets!! Keep up the good work.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel was outstanding! The staff was incredibly nice and hospitable. The place was very clean and it's in a wonderful location....walking distance from Arundel Mills Mills mall. I have been traveling for years and this is by far one of the best places to stay!

• Stayed November 2014
Thanks you for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. We're glad that you've enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to accommodate all your lodging needs. Hope you've had the chance to enjoy some of our wonderful local attractions as well shop at the largest outlet mall in Maryland (Arundel Mills) which is also adjacent to the Maryland Live Casino. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your comments and feedback. It helps us to ensure the most outstanding customer service for our guest. Thanks again for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you again soon.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family and I made reservations for 2 rooms at this property for .11/26/14- 11/28/14 to celebrate Thanksgiving. I was very disappointed that there was absolutely no housekeeping offered on 11/27/2014. I was not notified of this when making my reservations. I would not have chosen this property had I known this prior. I had to get my own fresh towels, bathroom tissue, and trash bags to remove the trash from my room. My granddaughter accidentally spilled juice on the sheets, but I was unable to get any fresh linen for our bed. When we travel we always use Holiday Inn Express. I will not be using this hotel chain in the future. It was unacceptable to not offer housekeeping daily as advertised. I would not recommend this property.

Room Tip: I would not recommend this property.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience of not being able to provide full room service during your stay. During the holidays such as Thanksgiving and Christmas we only have limited housekeeping service during the two holidays only. However, we do have fresh towels and linen available upon request at all times. If at anytime you should need any fresh towels or linen please contact or come to the front desk for assistance. If you have any further questions regarding this matter please feel free to contact hotel directly at 410-684-3388 and ask for the front office manager. Once again we do apologize for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you and we hope that you'll give us another chance to make matters right by you. We really appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The whole hotel was spruced up and attractive. There is a Denny's attached to the hotel which was very convenient for our late night meals. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. It's so nice to see people smiling and helpful! They recommended some restaurants which fulfilled their promise. The breakfast is delicious and hot. There is a shuttle that will take you to a five mile radius free (of course you tip the driver) and it is on 24 hours a day. I love that shuttle. We were near the elevator but had no problems with noise or sleeping. The room and bathroom were spotless and well stocked everyday.The beds were comfortable and I love that the pillows are marked firm or soft! Our wake up calls were reliable and on time We did have some communications issues with the Front Desk. It was not possible to get a call back when promised and we almost missed our train once. We met with the manager, Tamika Brown who was very nice and made adjustments for our inconvenience. She turned my attitude around and I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
KLyons-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your comments and feedback. We sincerely apologized for all the communication issues with our front desk staff that you've experienced during your stay with us. We will definitely address these issues and concerns with the proper department to ensure the highest level of customer for our guest. We really appreciate your loyalty and hope that you'll give us a another chance to make your experience with us Outstanding! I'm glad that Ms. Brown was able to take care of you and turn your attitude around and that the rest of your experience with us was great. Again thanks for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

Our room was very spacious and clean. The bedding was excellent. We were greeted nicely when we entered the hotel; the staff was very pleasant and offered advice on how to get to restaurants. A great place to spend the night before a flight!!!

Room Tip: The whole hotel seemed to be quiet. I don't think any rooms would have been bad.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
KLyons-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, November 10, 2014
Thank you for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. It's great to see you've enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to accommodate all of your lodging needs. We hope you've had the chance to experience some of our wonderful local attractions as well as enjoy our nice hot breakfast along with our delicious signature cinnamon rolls before your flight. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your comments and feedback as it help us to provide our guest with excellent customer service. Again we appreciate your loyalty and hope to see you again soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West? Share your experiences!