“Simply Fabulous!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Simply Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Kudos to Holiday Express Hanover, MD for having one of the friendliest staffs I have ever encountered. The care they put in this property is very apparent with the beautiful landscaping and extremely clean rooms and grounds. The hotel was very quiet and I slept extremely well. We were invited to the Manager's reception, enjoyed some yummy crab balls and drinks, it was a really nice spread of snacks and drinks. Hotel is very up to date, beautiful rooms, fast free internet and a bountiful free breakfast. This is now my first choice of properties in the BWI area.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Hudson, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

A friendly greeting awaits you at this hotel the Staff were great. The room was very clean with free in room coffee and wifi. The hotel was very close to the local Mall for all sorts of dining options.

Easy to find off the freeway .

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
everywhere, US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Staff was friendly, even got up early to accommodate guests needing an early breakfast. Friday, it was 5:30 AM!
Rooms were clean, and neat.
Only negatives were older hotel elevators and slow internet.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We spent one night at the Holiday Inn Express. We took the train from DC, shuttle bus to the airport and HI Express picked us up to take us to the hotel. The shuttle driver was the friendliest, nicest driver ever!! He told us how to take the light rail and let us know when he would be going back to the airport so we could catch the metro to make our sightseeing day seamless!! As soon as we called to be picked up at the end of the day, they were right there!

The hotel itself is exceptionally clean and the staff couldn't be friendlier. The rooms are quite spacious. Breakfast was very nice. Would I stay here again - absolutely!!!

Room Tip: Great place to stay for a night in Baltimore or an early morning flight out of BWI
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for a wedding of a friend. The room was spacious and quite clean, fairly on par with what I expect from a decent hotel airport. The breakfast was pretty extensive. DO NOT MISS BREAKFAST, otherwise you will be stuck with Denny's, which was waaaay worse.

The best part of the stay was the staff. I had a really bad morning and arrived hoping for early check-in. My room was not ready. Luckily, a room down the hall was ready and they moved me into that room. The staff also helped with a variety of smaller things throughout my stay. I have status at a variety of hotel brands. I have no status with IHG, but still received great service.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Chesterfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel was situated so close to the Amtrak, Airport and Light Rail that driving to Baltimore from Richmond was a ridiculous idea. Their shuttle picked me up from Amtrak on the day of arrival, provided a ride to and from the light rail every day of the 4 days I was there, and gave me a ride back to Amtrak when I left. Each of the shuttle drivers were very friendly, pleasant and helpful.
The staff of the hotel was so customer focused that it seemed like you were staying with family! I checked in the afternoon of my arrival, and when I went out a couple hours later, reception greeted me by name! These are pleasantries that just don't happen at other hotels. The room was well appointed, very clean and very, very quiet. I am usually reluctant to stay on the 1st floor because people walking on the floor above many times sound like thundering elephants, but I really liked the king room that was available there. I was told I could move if I did not like the room. But in the 4 nights and days I was there, not a single sound from above.

I was more impresssive with the value of this hotel stay and any in the last few years!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
KLyons-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, yesterday
It gives me great pleasure to see that you've received the best customer service during your stay with us. We're glad that you've had the chance to take advantage of our great shuttle service. We here at the Holiday Inn really appreciate your comments and feedback as it helps us to provides the great customer service that our guest deserve. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West and we hope to see you again soon.
United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and was pleasantly surprised at how clean and comfortable it was. I rented a car from the BWI rental facility and drove to the hotel. The drive was less than two miles, making it close and easy access for catching flights. The hotel also offers a free shuttle to and from the airport every 30 minutes (if you have a large family, just ensure you let the staff know ahead of time as there is limited seating on the shuttle). The staff was polite, professional and friendly. I stayed in a suite and was very happy with the room. It had air conditioning in both rooms, a fold out couch, small refrigerator, a kitchen counter with sink and microwave (no plates or utensils) two large TV’s and plenty of room to relax for three to four people. The bathroom was the biggest I have ever seen in a hotel. It had two sinks, a shower and a very large step up bath tub. The queen size bed was comfortable with clean linen and pillows. When I needed extra hangers and towels I called up the front desk and maids promptly brought them to my room. The complimentary breakfast was good with the basics such as cereal, pancakes, fruit juice, coffee, rolls, toast etc. If you hunger for larger meals a Denny’s restaurant is located right by the hotel. For more eating out choices, shopping, and gambling Anne Arundel Mall is right down the road. The only negative thing I can say about this hotel is that the Wi-Fi signal is not the strongest and access to the Internet comes and goes in your room. I was on the second floor and had problems getting a signal most of the time. I would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat and look forward to staying there again; it made my stay in Maryland fantastic. It is rare to come across a hotel of this caliber for this cost.

Room Tip: If you are flying out of BWI stay at this hotel! It runs a free shuttle every 30 minutes to the airp...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
KLyons-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. It's with great pleasure to see that you've had a great experience here at our hotel. We're glad you've had the opportunity to enjoy some of our wonderful local attractions during your stay. Thank you so much for giving us your comments and feedback as it helps us to provide the best customer service for our guest. Thanks again for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West? Share your experiences!