“Clean Hotel, Attentive Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Clean Hotel, Attentive Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here for a wedding of a friend. The room was spacious and quite clean, fairly on par with what I expect from a decent hotel airport. The breakfast was pretty extensive. DO NOT MISS BREAKFAST, otherwise you will be stuck with Denny's, which was waaaay worse.

The best part of the stay was the staff. I had a really bad morning and arrived hoping for early check-in. My room was not ready. Luckily, a room down the hall was ready and they moved me into that room. The staff also helped with a variety of smaller things throughout my stay. I have status at a variety of hotel brands. I have no status with IHG, but still received great service.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Chesterfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The hotel was situated so close to the Amtrak, Airport and Light Rail that driving to Baltimore from Richmond was a ridiculous idea. Their shuttle picked me up from Amtrak on the day of arrival, provided a ride to and from the light rail every day of the 4 days I was there, and gave me a ride back to Amtrak when I left. Each of the shuttle drivers were very friendly, pleasant and helpful.
The staff of the hotel was so customer focused that it seemed like you were staying with family! I checked in the afternoon of my arrival, and when I went out a couple hours later, reception greeted me by name! These are pleasantries that just don't happen at other hotels. The room was well appointed, very clean and very, very quiet. I am usually reluctant to stay on the 1st floor because people walking on the floor above many times sound like thundering elephants, but I really liked the king room that was available there. I was told I could move if I did not like the room. But in the 4 nights and days I was there, not a single sound from above.

I was more impresssive with the value of this hotel stay and any in the last few years!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and was pleasantly surprised at how clean and comfortable it was. I rented a car from the BWI rental facility and drove to the hotel. The drive was less than two miles, making it close and easy access for catching flights. The hotel also offers a free shuttle to and from the airport every 30 minutes (if you have a large family, just ensure you let the staff know ahead of time as there is limited seating on the shuttle). The staff was polite, professional and friendly. I stayed in a suite and was very happy with the room. It had air conditioning in both rooms, a fold out couch, small refrigerator, a kitchen counter with sink and microwave (no plates or utensils) two large TV’s and plenty of room to relax for three to four people. The bathroom was the biggest I have ever seen in a hotel. It had two sinks, a shower and a very large step up bath tub. The queen size bed was comfortable with clean linen and pillows. When I needed extra hangers and towels I called up the front desk and maids promptly brought them to my room. The complimentary breakfast was good with the basics such as cereal, pancakes, fruit juice, coffee, rolls, toast etc. If you hunger for larger meals a Denny’s restaurant is located right by the hotel. For more eating out choices, shopping, and gambling Anne Arundel Mall is right down the road. The only negative thing I can say about this hotel is that the Wi-Fi signal is not the strongest and access to the Internet comes and goes in your room. I was on the second floor and had problems getting a signal most of the time. I would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat and look forward to staying there again; it made my stay in Maryland fantastic. It is rare to come across a hotel of this caliber for this cost.

Room Tip: If you are flying out of BWI stay at this hotel! It runs a free shuttle every 30 minutes to the airp...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Hsinchu City, Taiwan, Republic of China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

這間旅館在各個層面上都很糟。首先,我去電旅館40分鐘後接駁車才到Amtrac/MARC火車站來接我。不只這樣,在接到我之後,接駁車先去BWI機場接更多人(正常),然後出乎意料地又回到車站接更多人。車站到旅館明明只要10分鐘左右,我卻在車上坐了半小時多。換言之,從我抵達火車站到辦理入住登記就花了一個多小時。櫃檯只有一人辦理入住登記,隊伍也很長。沒想到輪到我時,櫃檯人員不是問我今天好不好,反倒開始抱怨他今天心情很糟。旅館並未提供優悅會白金卡會員的客房升等。房間還可以,但凌晨2點外頭還能聽到家族聚會的人的噪音,顯見隔音需要加強。連續兩天Great Room在早餐時段都熙熙攘攘,不僅要花3-5分鐘排隊取食,連座位都很難找。要排隊取食就算了,而且因為早餐服務人員的食物添加速度太慢了,從來沒有哪個時候是各樣食物都有的。退房人員跟旅館內的自助洗衣機則還可以。

This is a bad hotel in almost every aspect. First, the shuttle came 40 minutes after I call, and that's not it. After picking me up from the Amtrak / MARC station, the shuttle went to the BWI airport to pick up some people (expected) and then surprise, surprise, the shuttle went back to the station again for more guests. The ride from the station to the hotel should have only been about 10 minutes, but it took more than half an hour. In essence, I had to wait for more than an hour from train arrival to check-in, not to mention that there was only one receptionist with a long line waiting. Guess what, when it was finally my turn, the receptionist didn't ask how my day was, but instead started to complain that he had a bad day. Room upgrade for IHG Reward Club Platinum member was not provided. The room was okay, but I couldn't really bear the noise at 2am because of family reunion activities outside. Better soundproof was definitely needed. The Great Room was a zoo during the breakfast hours. In both mornings, there was a long line for the food (3~5 minutes) and seat wasn't easy to find, either. Not only do you have to wait in line for the food, there was never a time when all choices were available, as the staff was slow to replenish food. The check-out person was okay, and so was the on-site laundry.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was a beautiful hotel and it was very quiet. It is easy to get to. I had a 6:00 am flight; the hotel shuttle had me to the airport by 4:00 am. I was able to leave my vehicle at the hotel, and the shuttle picked me up after I returned. I will stay there the next time I fly out of BWI.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
KLyons-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. We're glad to see you've had a wonderful experience during your stay with us and that you were able to take advantage of our great Park Stay and Go Package. This package is a great savings when wanting to leave your car here while on vacation or away on business instead of paying for those expensive parking garages. It's always a pleasure to be able to accommodate all of your lodging needs. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your comments and feedback as it helps to provide our guest with the best customer service. Again, we thank you for your loyalty and hope to see you again soon.
Colorado Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Chain hotel but superior service. Front desk always available and really nice folks! Comfy rooms and beds. Clean room and bath. Nice bathrooms--roomy. Right across from Arundel Mills Mall and the Live Casino complex. Shuttle to airport available, but if you have a car rental to return., this place couldn't be more convenient. If I had any complaints, it's that their breakfast room was too small--folks had to use tables in the lobby (which I think are there for that reason). I wold definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Not near the highway so any room is nice.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
KLyons-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express-BWI-West. It's been a pleasure to have been able to provide all of your lodging needs. We're glad you've had the chance to enjoy some of our wonderful local attractions during your stay. We really apologize for the size of the breakfast bar area and for any inconvenience that this matter may have caused. We appreciate you sharing your comments and concerns as we will definitely forward them to the proper department for review. Overall we hope to have made your stay feel like home away from home. Thanks again for choosing our hotel and we look forward to your next visit with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The property is in excellent proximity to the airport. The room was very comfortable. Lamont was the Airport shuttle driver and he was great. All of the staff were very accommodatng. Holiday Inn BWI will definitely be my choice for lodging for my next visit to the Baltimore area.

• Stayed August 2014
KLyons-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thanking you for taking the time to give us your comments and feedback. I'm not sure if you have the correct property. We do not have a shuttle driver by the name of Lamont, but we're glad to see that you've had a great experience at the Holiday Inn/Holiday InnExpress BWI. It's always a pleasure to be able to provide our guest with the best customer service. We're glad that we were able to accommodate all of your lodging needs. Whether it's at the Holiday Inn or the Holiday Inn Express we really appreciate your loyalty to the IHG Brand. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again during your future travels.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West? Share your experiences!