“Professional but Overpriced” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
Peoria, Illinois
“Professional but Overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Not sure if it's just the location(area in general) or close to airport, but I paid $416 for a 2 night stay at this hotel. I did not have a choice..needed because of the shuttle. The shuttle driver was excellent (Stacy) and the front desk staff, Derek? was warm and friendly. But the price, the loud clientele, the folks hanging out in the parking lot next to Denny's made me feel a little unsafe. The shuttle was ready to go early in the morning and I appreciate the very early wake up call. Seemed well organized. Will I stay again? Yes, if I can negotiate the price. The friendly staff made the stay bearable. The room was clean and had a refrigerator and microwave which proved very useful..but a little expensive for a Holiday Inn Express. Should not have been more than $149/night max.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
KLyons-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience due to the rate of your stay with us. Our prices sometimes vary based on certain events in the area. We're glad to see outside of the price that we were able to make your stay a pleasant one. It's our pleasure to be able to accommodate all of your lodging needs and that our staff made you feel very welcoming. We really appreciate you choosing our hotel and taking the time to give us your comments and feedback. It helps us to provide our guest with the best customer service than we can. Thanks again for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. We value your loyalty and look forward to seeing again during your future travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Find somewhere else to stay! After a 4 hour flight delay flying into BWI, the only thing I wanted to do was to take a shower and fall into bed for an early AM meeting. Unfortunately that was not the case as I had to wait over an hour for the shuttle to pick me up at the airport. After making 4 calls into the front desk, Manager Vicki finally got the driver to pick me up at the curb. She was able to help me on the room rate and gave me a free breakfast and drink voucher. The room was clean and comfortable, however, the whole shuttle fiasco gave me a very poor first impression of this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear ZWERGLDAD,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate issues with the shuttle prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Scottsdale, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I arrived after midnight and went straight to my room to get some sleep before my 8AM flight from BWI. There was a party in a room nearby, and the noise level was unbearable. I called the front desk but they didn't do anything. I could not sleep until after 2AM, and had to wake up at 6AM to go to the airport. The shuttle driver was a very nice man, but he would just not stop talking loudly, even if I barely replied to his remarks and made it clear that I was not in the mood for a chat (it was early, and I had not slept more than a few hours). Overall, the place was clean and comfortable, but everybody I dealt with was extremely unprofessional.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear M L,

Thank you for staying with us during your business trip and for writing a candid review. We’re glad that our location was suitable to your business travel. On the other hand, we are sorry for the challenges you had with the noise. Your feedback regarding this is highly appreciated as this is our best resource for improvements and achieving superior guest satisfaction. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I stay there almost every time I fly international from Baltimore Internation Airport. The park and fly option is really a ggreat deal. I stay the night before my 6am flight, they transport me, and my luggage, to and from the airport. I can leave my car for up to 14 days, for a dollar a day, with no problems. It may cost an additional $40, when compared to parking at the airport. However, I don't hav to wake up in the early AM, drive, park, and catch the shuttle. The hotel van is about a ten minute ride and it is a door to door service! Heck, they even pack a free breakfast bag you can munch before you catch your flight.
All that to say, I find it a headache free way to start your business trip, or vacation.
This service is available at most hotels near airports though out the United States.
I suggest ya consider this option, especially if you have small children that need all the sleep.before the flight!

Room Tip: The rooms are all similar, and if you are just using it as a "crash pad" the night before...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. We're glad you've had the chance to take advantage of our Park Stay and Go Package. It is a great package which is also very convenient for our guest who need/want to leave their cars on our parking lot while on a business or leisure trip. We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your comments and feedback as it help us to better serve and accommodate our guest. We really appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Albany NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two nights -- Saturday and Sunday. While we had previously stayed numerous times at this hotel, this was the first in a while for us. We were very pleased with the stay and would recommend it to others.

Our flight arrived at 7 in the morning. We picked up the rental car and went to the hotel to see how early we could check in. The person working at the front desk asked us to check back around noon. When we returned, we had been upgraded, but that room was not ready. However, it we wanted a regular room, they had one available. The upgrade was not important, but a nap was (we had woken up at 3:00 a.m. to catch our flight).

Our room was a standard king on the first floor. Of all the times we had stayed at this hotel, this was our the first time we had been given a first floor room. I was a little concerned about noise, since we faced the parking lot and our room was the first after you walked through the doors. While we did hear some things, the noise did not affect our sleep.

The room was nice, very clean. Of course, having a fridge and a microwave is always nice. The free wi-fi worked just fine for us. Breakfast is the morning was the standard HIExpress breakfast. The area is a little crowded, but we didn't run into any issues. It was nice that they had the flight times up on the screen in the hotel lobby.

This is not a five-star hotel, but is perfect for a place to sleep. The hotel was very clean and the staff we encountered were friendly. We will definitely stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. Glad to see that we were able to accommodate all of your lodging needs and that your stay was a pleasant one. We really appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and our brand. We also appreciate you taking the time to give us your comments and feedback as it helps us to provide our guest with the best customer service. Again we thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again during your future travels.
Fremont, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed here last weekend for a family event. While it was used pretty much as a place to shower and sleep only, they did a good job. The room was clean and contained a dorm sized fridge and microwave that came in handy for our sandwich stuff we had packed for our 7 hr drive over. The lobby had fresh fruit infused water which was so refreshing after the drive. The breakfast was excellent as well. They offered a small selection of eggs/sausage/biscuits and warm cinnamon rolls, it was all very good. It was our first time staying at a holiday inn express. I would stay with this brand again.

• Stayed April 2014
KLyons-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. We're that we were able to fulfill all of your lodging needs. We're sorry you didn't have the chance to enjoy some of our local attractions. Maybe on your next visit with us you will have the time to visit some of our great local attractions such as; Maryland Live Casino, Medevil Times, Arundel Mills Outlet Mall, Dave N Busters and more. At least you had the opportunity to enjoy our wonderful hot breakfast with our signature cinnamon rolls. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your comments and feedback as it helps us to ensure great customer service for our guest. Thanks again for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again during your future travels.
Fremont, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

We checked into this hotel over the weekend to have a place to sleep during a family event. It was perfect for that. Everywhere we needed to be it was less than a 15 minute drive. There is a larger sized dorm room fridge and a microwave in each room. They serve infused water in the lobby at all times which after a 7 hour drive tastes so refreshing. The rooms were very clean. I didn't care for the pillows provided. I just couldn't get comfortable. Breakfast was excellent. It was not your typical bagels and cereal place. They had sausage biscuits and gravy as well as eggs. I had never stayed at a holiday in express before. If they are all like this I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014
KLyons-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. We're glad we were able to accomodate all of your lodging needs, We hope your family events was a success and that your next visit with us you'll get the chance to enjoy some of our local attractions. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your comments and feedback as it helps us to provide great customer service to our guest. Thanks again for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again during your future travels.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West? Share your experiences!