“Just as expected” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
Texas City, Texas
“Just as expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I've stayed at many Holiday Inn Expresses around the country, and this one certainly fits the brand! Nice, contemporary look, good rates, and friendly staff. Rooms are comfortable, and it's one of the few BWI hotels with a restaurant in walking distance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
KLyons-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. We're glad we were able to accomodate all of your lodging needs. Hope you had the chance to visit some of our wonderful local attractions. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your comments and feedback as it helps us to improve and provide our guest with the best customer sevice. Thanks again for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again during future travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stayed here last minute to limit our morning commute to the airport and it was great. Beautiful hotel and the staff are great. They drove us to the airport which is minutes away and also let us park our car there for MUCH cheaper than the airport. Cost of the hotel was very affordable too and the room was great. Highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
KLyons-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. We're glad we were able to accomodate your loding needs during your stay with us. We hope the next time you'll be able to enjoy some of our great local attractions. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your comments and feedback; as it gives us the opportunity to provide our guest with great customer service. Thanks again for choosing our hotel; we look forward to seeing you again during your future travels.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary. When we booked our room online, we made a note of it under the "reason for stay". We were upgraded twice to the best room I've ever seen for free. Adam at the front desk was very nice. Also there is a shuttle that will take you to the mall/casino/airport for free 24/7. The free breakfast was nothing special, but there's also a Denny's right next door. Easily the best experience I've ever had. My wife and I will be coming back here next time in the Baltimore area.

• Stayed December 2013
We're so happy that you've had a great experience here at our hotel. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your comments and feedback. We're very pleased that you chose us the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West to celebrate your anniversary. It was our pleasure to accomodate you on your special occassion. Just glad we were able to make you feel very welcomed and relaxed during your stay with us. Again, we here at the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West would like to say Happy Anniversary and we wish you many many more! We look forward to seeing you again during your future travels.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

This hotel was a great choice! After a long road trip from ATL to Md, my family and I arrived at 2:30am and were welcomed with a great smile from MARLOW. She was extremely nice and very attentive! Complimentary breakfast was a plus... It was a very basic breakfast but better than nothing... What I really enjoyed was the location! It was literally 2 minutes away from Arundel Mills mall which had everything.. From David Buster's to Medieval times there was so much to do in this area! There is even a Casino connected to the mall. I won $30..lol... Anyway, I would recommend anyone with a family looking for family fun! Not far from DC and Not far from Baltimore!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. We're really glad you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to accomodate all of your lodging needs. It's great to see that Marlo made you feel very welcomed when you arrived. I'm glad you had the chance to enjoy some of our local attractions and that you went home $30 richer lol! We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your comments and feedback. As always we thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again during your future travels.
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

If we were to rate this hotel on appearance and staff, it would get 5 stars. But the reason we stay at a hotel is to get a good nights sleep and that was impossible with a bed that was hard as a rock.
We were plain uncomfortable and unable to get much sleep.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear travelbugs1363,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you liked our hotel and our staff. However, we regret the bed was not to your liking and apologize for any discomfort you may have experienced. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Grantsville, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I have stayed here many times on business when flying out of BWI early the next day. I am a HI Gold member and always had a good experience before. I booked a room with my reward points and they will not honor the park and fly program. I would not be upset except that when I booked with my points nothing was alerted on the HI website about them not honoring the points for park and fly. I offered to pay and was refused this option as well. I have to say this is not the way to treat your frequent travelers who use their points in a hotel that you also use for business. I have made the decision to not stay here ever again when I am traveling on business because I want to give my business to a company that appreciates my business.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
KLyons-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
We want to start by apologizing for the inconvenience that you have experienced here at our hotel. We could not accomodate your Park Stay and Go request due to the type of reservation you've booked. All Reward Night reservations with guest using their points are made through IHG Rewards Club. We are not able to book or make any changes to IHG Reward reservations, all changes are to be made through IHG Rewards. This information is also on their website or you may call IHG Rewards directly at 1-87-275-7358 if you any further questions regarding this matter. As always we thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. We really appreciate your loyalty as a IHG Rewards Member and we hope you'll give us another chance to make your stay with us a wonderful experience!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Way too old for my taste and the rooms were not exceptional if I didn't get points for my stay I wouldn't have stayed there. Also way too noisy for me as well. I think I will avoid this hotel in the future.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear Smoke1974,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Member and leaving feedback about your recent stay. I sincerely regret that the room you were allocated and noise levels experienced were a disappointment. We have taken note of your feedback and we will use this to enhance what we can offer to our guests to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West? Share your experiences!