“Stay Away if You use Rewards Points” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
Grantsville, Maryland
“Stay Away if You use Rewards Points”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I have stayed here many times on business when flying out of BWI early the next day. I am a HI Gold member and always had a good experience before. I booked a room with my reward points and they will not honor the park and fly program. I would not be upset except that when I booked with my points nothing was alerted on the HI website about them not honoring the points for park and fly. I offered to pay and was refused this option as well. I have to say this is not the way to treat your frequent travelers who use their points in a hotel that you also use for business. I have made the decision to not stay here ever again when I am traveling on business because I want to give my business to a company that appreciates my business.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
KLyons-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
We want to start by apologizing for the inconvenience that you have experienced here at our hotel. We could not accomodate your Park Stay and Go request due to the type of reservation you've booked. All Reward Night reservations with guest using their points are made through IHG Rewards Club. We are not able to book or make any changes to IHG Reward reservations, all changes are to be made through IHG Rewards. This information is also on their website or you may call IHG Rewards directly at 1-87-275-7358 if you any further questions regarding this matter. As always we thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. We really appreciate your loyalty as a IHG Rewards Member and we hope you'll give us another chance to make your stay with us a wonderful experience!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Way too old for my taste and the rooms were not exceptional if I didn't get points for my stay I wouldn't have stayed there. Also way too noisy for me as well. I think I will avoid this hotel in the future.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear Smoke1974,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Member and leaving feedback about your recent stay. I sincerely regret that the room you were allocated and noise levels experienced were a disappointment. We have taken note of your feedback and we will use this to enhance what we can offer to our guests to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is a great place to stay when you travel to BWI airport or for any other reason . The rooms are very clean and comfortable and the staff is great. Adam checked us in on 10/18 and was wonderful. We stay her often on our trips & will continue to do so.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
KLyons-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. We're glad we were able to accomodate all of your lodging needs. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your comments and feedback as it helps us to better accomodate our guest and provide you with the best customer service. We're glad that Adam was able to make your experience at our hotel a great one. As always we thank you again for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again during your future travels.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

The service we received from the staff was warm and friendly. Although we arrived very early and could not check in, we were given information and directions to amenities that allowed us to run some errands in the interim. The place was spotless and extra towels were provided immediately when asked for. Staff members Karen and Adam went out of their way to help meet our unique needs and seem genuinely happy to help. We were very impressed and would definitely stay here again, and would recommend them very highly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
KLyons-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for staying wih us here at the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. It's our pleasure to provide our guest with the best customer service. We're glad that we were able to accomodate all of your lodging needs and that Karen and Adam were very responsive to your needs. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your comments and feedback as always we thank you again for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again during your future travels.
Buffalo, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stay here for 2 nights this summer.
Pros: the people at the front desk are very kind. The breakfast is excellent.
Cons: Location is a little far away from Washington D.C , at least 30 mins for driving for non-rush hour time, and from Baltimore, downtown, at least 20 mins.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
KLyons-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. We're glad we were able to accomodate all of your lodging needs. Hope you've had the chance to taste our delicious cinnamon rolls during breakfast which is one of our signature items. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your comments and feedback as we value our guests opinion. Thanks again for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again during your future travels.
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Very nice staff,. And my main concern is clean.. And it was. Tub was bit too appealing. I mean if you a bath taker.. The lobby was clean. As well as the elevator... I was IMPRESSED .. When I woke up to take a shower... NO HOT WATER.. They had some one working on it. But would take all day.. So ... No shower.. Bu I can't fault them..speaking if staff.. My var broke down and e shuttle drive went way beyond her duty to help us.. Awesome job guys...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
We would like to sincerely apologize for you not having any hot water during your stay with us. We're sorry for the inconvience this may have caused. If there is anything that we can do to make this matter right by you please give us a call ath the hotel direct at 410-684-3388. We're glad that we were able to assist you with any issues that may have occured with your vehicle. As it is always our pleasure to assist and provide the best customer service to all of our guests to the best of our ability. We hope you enjoyed your stay at our hotel outside of the issues you've had to incounter. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your comments and feedback. As always we thank you for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Expess BWI-West and we look forward to seeing you again during your future travels.
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

It takes a confident hotel to offer a free breakfast when there's a Denny's attached to it! Those who prefer a hot, made-from-scratch breakfast with a wide array of choices would normally opt for Denny's. The more frugal among us would be perfectly happy with the free breakfast offered here. There's certainly enough to satisfy one's appetite if you're willing to sacrifice "real" plates and silver for styrofoam and plastic.

When I began making semi-annual trips back east for alumni council meetings four years ago, this was the first hotel assigned to me by Hotwire. This was my first return visit to this property and I found it more than adequate with a particularly helpful and friendly front desk staff (kudos to Karen) along with engaging housekeeping staff and an eager-to-please shuttle driver, Al.
Even though I booked through Hotwire, I showed Karen my Priority Club card and was allowed to spin their wheel of fortune for a perk (a soda or sweet from their "Suite Shop," bonus points, etc.) and received a copy of USA Today at my door each morning. When I told Karen I was returning my rental car a day early and would take the airport shuttle to the terminal and call them, she said, "No, just call us here and we'll pick you up at the car rental facility" which I did and Al was there within minutes! He also recommended several excellent restaurants to which he'd gladly take and retrieve me to say nothing of nearby Arundel Mills and its adjoining casino.

The rooms here are fairly standard issue but nicely maintained. I even had a call from housekeeping asking if I was sure I didn't want an extra sheet. A profusion of plugs, a microwave and 3' mini (maybe this is "midi"?) fridge and a comfortable easy chair were icing on the cake. The electronic schedule board of flights from BWI in the lobby was a nice touch as well.

Room Tip: Like any Denny's, you can be assured of a long wait on Sunday mornings. Enjoy the hotel's f...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
We're so happy to see you've enjoyed your stay with us. It's was our pleasure to have been able to accomodate all of your lodging needs. I'm glad Karen and Al provided you with outstanding customer service as well as the rest of the staff. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your comments and feedback as it helps to provide our guests with the best customer service we possibly can. We really appreciate your loyalty as a IHG Rewards Member and that you were also able to enjoy your perks during your stay. As always we thank you for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West and we look forward to seeing you again during your future travels.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West? Share your experiences!