I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express BWI West for the 1st time in September.
1. Some of the staff need to be re-trained on how to deliver great customer service. Didn't meet 1 friendly staff member and no one smiled the whole time I was there. Additionally the front desk staff
appeared to get bogged down with phone questions and making reservations and guests are left standing waiting to check in, etc. while the staff is on the phone ofr long periods.
2. The Express breakfast area is a "train wreck". On a busy weekend you will find the seating area space is way too small for a crowded breakfast. People are almost stacked on one another with tables and chairs packed into this tiny little area with little to no room to manuver around. On a positive note they have "BACON" which isn't found at Marriott Residence Inn properties and the breakfast has a well balanced variety.
3. Also on a positive note is their complimentary shuttle service. It makes no sense for the Marriott properties in this same area to "NOT" offer complimentary shuttle service. They are shooting themselves in the foot and loosing valuable customers. Holiday Inn and Hilton properties will gain from this ammenity and Marriott will loose out. The shuttle service at this location is excellent.
4. I saved the best for last--The rooms are large and nicely decorated, clean and fresh and the beds are quite comfortable. The tub/shower seems a bit smaller than most hotels but the bathrooms were clean and very nice.
Based on my overall assessment, I would return to this property if they can straighten out their customer service issues and the poorly arranged breakfast area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express BWI has heard your comments about the need to upgrade our hotel and are happy to report that we have just completed a 100% total renovation. From walls and cielings to carpet and furniture you will find we have thought of all your comments and needs. We eagerly look forward to your comments as you visit our location and see for yourself what a great product we have to compliment our staff that is eager to make your stay a great one. Hotel offers free shuttle service to BWI Airport & local attractions within 5 miles. Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express BWI Airport Hotel West! Conveniently located just 7 minutes from BWI Airport; and 3 minutes from Arundel Mills Mall featuring over 200 stores, Dave & Buster's and Medieval Times Dinner Theatre. The hotel is an 18 minute drive to the Baltimore Inner Harbor, Baltimore Orioles at Camden Yards, and the home of the Baltimore Ravens at M&T Bank Stadium. Other attractions include the Baltimore National Aquarium, Annapolis Naval Academy and Historic Annapolis, Six Flags, Timonium Fairgrounds and Washington DC points of interest. The hotel is minutes to Northrop Grumman, Daimler Chrysler, Siemens, John Hopkins, Ft. Meade and NSA. Enjoy the comfort and services you have come to expect from Holiday Inn Express, including the complimentary Express Start Breakfast Bar with our signature Cinnamon Rolls and Simply Smart bedding and bath initiative. The hotel offers free local phone calls, high-speed Internet and shuttle 24/7 to BWI Airport, MARC Commuter Train, MTA Light Rail, and Amtrak Station. Tired of paying expensive parking fees at BWI Airport? Our park and fly package is the perfect solution! Make the Smart Choice for a good night's sleep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - Bwi Airport West Hotel Hanover
- Holiday Inn Hanover
- Hanover Holiday Inn