“good value” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 13 hotels in Hanover
Long Beach, California
“good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

Had free shuttle pick us up at the BWI Marc/Amtrak station - just called hotel when we arrived and the shuttle was there 15 minutes later.

Very nice people working at this hotel - all front desk staff, breakfast person and both shuttle drivers.

Good value for room - only staying long enough to sleep and eat a quick breakfast. Room was clean - but the beds were small - we were sure they were not Queen size - must have been Full size beds.

Free hotel shuttle to BWI Airport in morning - upon checking in, staff asks if you want a wake up call next morning and the shuttle service - very impressive.

• Liked — close to airport
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2008

Check in: Toilet had urine had to clean my self! Floor was filthy in room. Check in had us wait till 4pm to check in and we were the first people to arrive. Slow (---) service. Expensive! seeing the red roof is right next door for half the price and is nicer! :)

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Santa Ana, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2007

The staff were very friendly, changing our room for a room with a pull-out bed, since our daughter was joining us. When we asked for pillows and a blanket, the staff brought them fast and with a smile. The rooms were clean, the air conditioner worked well, and the room was a decent size. We were quite satisfied.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Salisbury, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2007

What happened to you Holiday Inn Express! You used to be a really nice place to stay but wow!! You need a makeover. Rooms are starting to show wear & tear. Carpet is starting to look worn. The bathtub tiles have cracks and lots of mold & the place is starting to smell & this is not just coming from 1 room; I had the privelege of seeing 3 rooms because I wasn't satisfied with the rooms I was given. Wall paper starting the peel and curtains were dirty. For years I have always stayed here because they offer courtesy transportation to/from BWI airport. Has always been real nice. Not this time. Haven't stayed there in over a year. Breakfast is still good. Was wondering why they weren't busy over the Christmas holidays, must have been the lack of cleanliness. I might be looking for a new place to stay when leaving out of BWI

• Liked — courtesy transportation to/from airport
  • Disliked — just dirty
  • Tips/Secrets — you might want to consider an alternate lodging
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Middle TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2006

I would definitely stay here again. Room was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Breakfast bar was well stocked and clean. Arundel Mills Mall is only 5 minutes away with plenty of places to eat. If you want to go to the Inner Harbor or Washington DC you are only minutes from the interstate. The free shuttle to the airport or the Marc Station is a big plus. We rented a car but still used the shuttle to take the Marc train to DC.

• Liked — Shower head
  • Disliked — Curtains did not close all the way
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Richmond, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2006

This is the third time I have stayed at this hotel and I do not know if I will be able to stay again. The first time was o.k. . The last two times the room was unclean. My last visit was very suprising... there was mold in the shower and severe stains on the carpet throughout the room. The bed covers had burn wholes and stains. I will find somewhere else next time.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Charlottesville, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2006

The shuttle picked me up at the airport and brought me to the hotel. I had mentioned that I was new to the area. So the driver told me what near the hotel and offer to drive me to the mall that was near. This service was a plus since I had no idea where I was. That evening when I got back I forgot that I did not pack a charger for my cellphone the frontdesk lady let me use hers. I have stayed at different hotels but this experience was wonderful I will choose this hotel again when I return to the area.

• Liked — Microwave
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West? Share your experiences!