“Nice place, nice staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
Iowa
“Nice place, nice staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

In Baltimore one more night on business. Wanted to stay close to BWI. Nice place. Staff very friendly, courteous and helpful. Shuttle was nice as they shuttled me to BWI to catch lightrail to Camden Yards for Orioles - Padres game. Advised me how early to get to airport for my 6:38 flight this morning. I will stay here on a future business trip to Baltimore.

• Stayed May 2013
TamikaBrown, Assistant Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. We're glad you've had a great experience here at our hotel. As it is our pleasure to make sure that our guest receive the best customer service. As always we thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again during your future travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Middletown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel was recently renovated and the rooms are spectacular. The hotel has a very modern feel to it and everything is well kept. Staff was very accommodating and my room was clean and spacious. Microwave and refrigerator in the room is a nice touch. Complimentary breakfast was plentiful, the exercise room was adequate and the complimentary shuttle service to the lite rail is a great feature. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in this area. I will definitely return.

Room Tip: I would recommend a king room for couples.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
TamikaBrown, Assistant Front Office Manger at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. We're glad you've had the chance to enjoy the new and improved Holiday Inn Express! We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your comments and feedback for it is greatly appreciated. As we strive to provide our guest with the best customer service. Thanks agoin for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again during our future travels.
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel is a great place to stay if you are interested in shopping and dining at the Arundell Mall which is only about a quarter of mile away. Very quiet location, very clean hotel and the staff is wonderful and pleasant. Loved the fresh strawberry water and orange water that was in the lobby. It was so refreshing! The staff was able to provide us with a roll away bed that I hadn't planned on needing, they had it in our room in less than 10 minutes. There is a Denny's located right next door in the same parking lot if you want a late night snack!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
TamikaBrown, Assistant Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments and feedback. We're very happy that you've enjoyed your stay here at our hotel. It's our pleasure to provide our guest with the best customer service. We're gald you had the chance to enjoy some of our water and fresh fruit. We wanted to add a new flavor besides lemons and limes. All of our guest seem to love the new flavor that we've added to the water. As always we thank you for staying here with us here at the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. We look forward to seeing you again during your future travels.
Herndon, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Used the Park & Fly package night before 6AM flight to meet a cruise ship. Woke up to 4" snow already on the ground and mounting terror over the variety of ramifications of missing ones cruise ship departure. This Express was more than promised - from safe and accurate shuttle bus drivers and sparkling rooms to 24 Hour Denny's next door. The trip was adventurous. We met the cruise in time. Helpful to get off to a good start from this Express.

• Stayed March 2013
TamikaBrown, Assistant Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
We are very happy that you've had a great experience here at our hotel and that we were able to accomodate all of your lodging needs. We hope you had a wonderful time on your cruise! It is our pleasure to provide our guest with the best customer service. As always we thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. We look forward to seeing you again during your future travels.
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here one night to catch an early-morning flight at BWI. The check-in clerk was SO nice, and I got to play a little spin-the-wheel game, after which she gave me a free treat! Then she called me in a few minutes to ask if my room was okay. (It was just fine.) They have a nice fitness center, free breakfast and a free shuttle to the airport. The HVAC unit was a little loud but not too bad. Very nice folks.

• Stayed March 2013
TamikaBrown, Assistant Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. It was our pleasure to have met all of your lodging needs. We're very happy that you've had a great experience here at our hotel. We're glad to see that you enjoyed the wheel at check-in as we show our appreciation for your loyalty as a Priority Club Member. As always we really appreciate you taking the time to give us your comments and feedback. Please continue to think of us during your future travels.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel before an early morning flight out of BWI. The hotel has a shuttle that will take you anywhere in the area for free. They took me and a colleague to a nearby restaurant (there is a new casino too that they can take you to), dropped us off, and then came and pickup us up later. The next morning they took me to the airport and I was able to keep my car there for 5 days for free (choose the Park and Stay option). It was A LOT cheaper than parking but close to even if you include the cost of the hotel stay compared to parking at BWI. When I returned, I called them and they came and picked me up and brought me back to my car.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
TamikaBrown, Assistant Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to accomodate all of your lodging needs. We look forward to seeing you again during your future travels.
Killeen, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Loved the hotel....really. Breakfast was good, loved the fresh fruit, and decent coffee. My problem started and "continued" with the $100.00 hold on my credit card for incidentals...My company had a pre authorized credit card to pay for my stay, I simply provided a personal credit card to cover amenities and incidentals. And thats where the Nightmare began!!! Instead of holding funds as previously discussed, they (holiday inn) "charged" me for every night on my personal card. Easy fix, right? Talk to management and everything should be fine?? How about i was charged not only once, not twice, THREE TIMES!! but to add insult to injury, they charged the full amount of my stay on my personal creditcard!!!!!!!!!! As I type this review right now, (having checked out a day prior) I'm still waiting for this hotel to correct the issue "they" created..... To be clear, I was refunded my funds the two previous times during my stay (incidentals $100.00 for 3 days at a time), but for the hotel to turn around and erroneously charge the wrong card!?!??! Simply unacceptable. Polite and friendly though they might be, untrained & unprofessional staff will ALWAYS leave patrons leaving feeling less than likely to ever return. Perhaps the Hampton up the street will have better trained staff....

Room Tip: Insist that you pay for incidentals as you need them!!!!! Or decline them altogether.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Frank B,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding breakfast.

However, We’re sorry you received poor customer service from our staff which was unacceptable. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West? Share your experiences!