We stayed in room 105 at this hotel in Hanover, MD recently, to visit nearby relatives. It's not the Inner Harbor or a fancy hotel but the Holiday Inn Express model worked quite well for us.
We had a room with two queen beds. Very spacious and clean room, with a bathroom large enough for two people --- decent towels and a very nice large adjustable shower head.
Plenty of standard amenities were available, like an iron and hair dryer and flat screen TV --- and the added pluses of a microwave and fridge. Also a desk, ergonomic office chair and side chair. VERY comfortable beds and numerous pillows labelled *soft* and *firm* so you can take your choice. It was a relatively quiet sleep --- the one exception being our first night when a family next door (there was a connecting door) had a crying baby. Easy to hear but didn't wake us in the middle of the night (thank you, baby).
The free wireless worked well --- always important for us. For those who need to print a boarding pass, there are two super-fast computers near the lobby which have a printer.
For snackoholics, there is a little store next to the front desk where you can buy candy (and a variety of snacks such as one would find in a vending machine), drinks and things to heat up in the microwave.
As always, we prefer interior corridors and an elevator, but were pleased to be on the first floor to not need the available elevator.
There is a healthy continental breakfast each morning, until 10am, with the possibility of pancakes made by a new-fangled machine. Pancake-lovers will enjoy it. Also, for those who get hungry later in the day, the hotel shares a parking lot with Denny's. We also appreciated the free, secure parking.
What was lacking for us ( might be anecdotal -- a one-time only occurrence, I hope) was the staff. They either seemed aloof or inefficient (several examples) and the worst part of it was when we needed the shuttle to pick us up and it took forever, due to (supposedly) their radio in the shuttle not working. We did have a car but depended on the shuttle just one day (which they claim runs reguarly each half hour) as we thought it would be easier. It was ineffective. We didn't depend on their shuttle again.
Other than that ---- we had a pleasant, comfortable stay at the Holiday Inn Express and if someone doesn't need to be in the middle of action downtown (or totally depend on the shuttle), it is a very nice place. Near the Arundel Mills Mall and a number of restaurants, by car.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - Bwi Airport West Hotel Hanover
- Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - Bwi Airport West Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Baltimore
- Holiday Inn Hanover
- Hanover Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express BWI has heard your comments about the need to upgrade our hotel and are happy to report that we have just completed a 100% total renovation. From walls and cielings to carpet and furniture you will find we have thought of all your comments and needs. We eagerly look forward to your comments as you visit our location and see for yourself what a great product we have to compliment our staff that is eager to make your stay a great one. Hotel offers free shuttle service to BWI Airport & local attractions within 5 miles. Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express BWI Airport Hotel West! Conveniently located just 7 minutes from BWI Airport; and 3 minutes from Arundel Mills Mall featuring over 200 stores, Dave & Buster's and Medieval Times Dinner Theatre. The hotel is an 18 minute drive to the Baltimore Inner Harbor, Baltimore Orioles at Camden Yards, and the home of the Baltimore Ravens at M&T Bank Stadium. Other attractions include the Baltimore National Aquarium, Annapolis Naval Academy and Historic Annapolis, Six Flags, Timonium Fairgrounds and Washington DC points of interest. The hotel is minutes to Northrop Grumman, Daimler Chrysler, Siemens, John Hopkins, Ft. Meade and NSA. Enjoy the comfort and services you have come to expect from Holiday Inn Express, including the complimentary Express Start Breakfast Bar with our signature Cinnamon Rolls and Simply Smart bedding and bath initiative. The hotel offers free local phone calls, high-speed Internet and shuttle 24/7 to BWI Airport, MARC Commuter Train, MTA Light Rail, and Amtrak Station. Tired of paying expensive parking fees at BWI Airport? Our park and fly package is the perfect solution! Make the Smart Choice for a good night's sleep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.