“Nice room but not designed for good sleep” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
Harrisville, Rhode Island
“Nice room but not designed for good sleep”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Room was new and well appointed. check in was easy and friendly. A Denny's restaurant is conveniently located next door. Complimentary breakfast was ample and layed out well. Cons, bed not that comfortable and very loud air conditioning unit. With those two things combined sleep was difficult. So since getting a good nights rest is pretty important to me I would have to say that staying here again would not be on the top of my list.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
KLyons-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Belinda C.

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with the Holiday Inn Express- BWI. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better met your needs. The hotel’s management has reviewed your comments and appropriate action has been taken with respect to the noisy air conditioner unit to ensure a situation of this nature will not be repeated in the future.

While the mattress and box spring sets are brand new we realize everyone has differing preferences when it comes to sleep sets and appreciate your feedback.

Again, please accept our sincere apologies. We hope you will continue to use Holiday Inn hotels as your lodging of choice and hope you’ll try us again in the near future.

Karl Lyons

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
hpt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Ok, I got my pops a room here this week. I used HOTWIRE and paid in advance. I requested a high floor and got it. The elevator moves slowly and chimes rather loudly. The stairs on either end of the hotel are handy, however IF you elect to take them you will NOT be allowed to use your room key to re-enter the hotel. We went out to get some air, take a walk, grab a smoke and had to walk back to the front.

The hotel staff was friendly and the check-in was FAST, which I really like. This hotel offers the WWW for free, there was a decent size pool and gym. There are two PCs in the business center region along with an wide array of pamphlets of local attractions. The maid staff was friendly and diligent at their tasks. The room although smaller to what I am used to was well designed, clean, and cool. With the extreme heat outside it was a delight to have the room at such a comfortable level. Also, although "we" didnt use it, the shuttle runs 24*7 just simply ask the front desk.

There are ONLY two requests I have for mgt of this property: place a microwave in the lobby for guests and more than one bar of soap in the room. Otherwise, it was a rocking stay for the rate paid. It is up the street a short distance from AA mills, but it IS off the path and REALLY quiet here. We are grateful and appreciative of this property mgt choice for location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Pky_Pook.

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the Holiday Inn Express-BWI. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgement of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognized our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn Express- BWI a leader in excellence.

We are taking all of your suggestions into consideration and wanted you to know the side and back entrances to the hotel will soon be accessible via guest room key card.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving your in the future. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express- BWI.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

This is long overdue! We stayed 8/3 - 8/5 for my daughters birthday weekend. My husband and I work for a five star private club and thus have extremely high standards. Holiday Inn express exceeded all of them. I am shocked. It was the first time we all stayed at a Holiday Inn and we are currently trying to figure out when we can get back. It was in a nice quiet area but close enough to get to Six Flags and Balitmore Aquarium in just a short ride. The hotel was perfectly clean. No dust bunnies behind the tv or behind the tv stand, nighttable, microwave (yes we looked). Not one spec of dirt anywhere in the room. The front lobby was beautiful and they have lemon water and lime water right there. Attention to detail!! Every staff member we met were super nice, outgoing and accomodating. The front desk had aweomse suggestions for dinner and complimentary breakfast was amazing. The supply never ran out, it was always replenshed and you never knew the staff was there. I can go on about the accomodations but you have to see it for yourself!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Kristie S.

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgement of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognized our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn Express- BWI a leader in excellence.

Fairview Heights
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I arrived at the Holiday Inn Express on Sunday, July 22, 12 and departed on July 27, 12. The check in was professional and with a great smile. The hotel seems to be brand new, very clean, and quiet. The room was bigger than normal, clean, nice furniture, 42’ flat screen TV, excellent WI-FI internet service, very comfortable bed, and nice size bathroom. The breakfast is not an embassy suite but had a pretty good selection. The restaurant Denny's is adjacent next door. The Mall is only a about a 1/2 mile and the hotel has a shuttle service. This was my first time staying at a Holiday Inn Express and the service exceeded my expectation. I would recommend this hotel for anyone staying Hanover, MD.

Room Tip: I would select a room away from the elevators and never on the first floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
HiexpressBWI, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for your recent posting on Tripadvisor regarding the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgement of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to let others know. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West a leader in excellence.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express BWI-West.

James Sauers,Jr
Front Office Manager
Hagerstown,Md
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stay here flying out of bwi several times a year, have tried a few others but always find ourselves coming back because of the comfort. Nice large clean rooms with anything you need, staff has always been helpful, always use the shuttle service with very few problems coming and going from the airport. Will not try any other hotels in this area.

Room Tip: I always like the rooms on the side of the building so at night I can watch the planes coming in. K...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband and 3 young children last week and was very disappointed. We are loyal priority members and have stayed in several of the brand hotels across the country but have never before had such a frustrating and negative experience. Upon arriving at 9:45 pm on a Wednesday I was told that the room I had confirmed earlier in the day had been given away to someone else. When I asked how that could happen I was told that the computer does not allow staff to put more than two people in the room I requested although earlier in the day when I called that hadn't been an issue. It was late though and we decided not to make an issue out of it. Once in our room we noticed there were no extra blankets/pillows in the closet for our kids to use. I called the front desk at 10:00 and asked for 5 blankets (knowing that they usually bring you much less than you ask for) and waited. 3 trips to the front desk and 45 minutes later 2 blankets were finally brought to our room. Also in that time we began to notice a strong smell of smoke in the bathroom. We were in a non smoking hotel, all windows were closed with A/C on and there was no one outside smoking at the time. I told the front desk about the smell and they said it must be coming in from outside. I explained that the exit doors and our windows were closed and that no one was in the parking lot smoking at the time. The smoke was clearly coming from another room and was getting very unbearable. Staff's response was to tell me to turn on the exhaust fan and that they would look into it. We ended up just keeping the door closed and fan on and we never heard from staff again. No apology, no follow up, nothing. I was offered 1000 points for my inconvenience. (1000 points is an insult considering our experience and that the room was booked for 20,000 points). We do not recommend this hotel and will consider becoming loyal members of another chain after this experience.

• Stayed July 2012
HiexpressBWI, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. You willingness to share your thoughts is appreciated.

The Holiday Inn West-BWI Airport is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

I have listed my phone number below so I could speak with you about the disappointment you experienced. I would like to make this matter right with you and bring a sense of resolution and satisfaction concerning this matter.

Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve your future lodging needs.

James J Sauers, Jr
Front Office Manager
Phone: 410-684-3388 Ext154

cc: Karl Lyons (GM)
Martinsburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We have stayed here every year for the past several years before flying out of BWI. This year it has been nicely refurbished. Beds are comfortable. Rooms are clean. Staff has always been very nice, even when busy, and the breakfasts, while not fancy or gourmet, are filling. Wifi is exceptionally good for a hotel. Last year when the suite we booked wasn't available, my teenage son and is friend were given their own room across the hall at a lower rate. Price is competitive with other hotels in the area, but they include more free services, so generally a positive experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West? Share your experiences!