“Little Italy ” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 103 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Discover an authentic Italian restaurant in Hanover, Maryland. Cantina Mamma Lucia serves up delicious, traditional Italian food that your whole family will love. Founded in 1989 by Francesco, Dominick, and Anthony D'Antona, our family-run restaurant combines down-home Italian cooking with originality and creativity. Those same three brothers still own and operate the restaurant and catering service.
“Little Italy ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

We stopped in to check out this place. To find that the food was excellent. The food was fresh and had authentic taste to what you would order in Italy. This will be on the list to return too.

Frank D, Owner at Cantina Mamma Lucia, responded to this review, January 5, 2015
Thanks for the perfect score and for helping us stay number one. Frank

Killeen, Texas
“Friendly Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Absolutely loved the fetuccine Alfredo....great sauce and perfect texture of the noodles. This was my first time visiting this restaurant, and I'd definitely go back again when in the area!!!!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ada, Oklahoma
“Great quiet place to have aa really late lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

My daughter and I were looking for a good meal at an odd time of day. 3:15 pm
Only $20 for pasta, bread sticks and soft drinks.
Wonderful staff!

Albany, New York
“Good Basic Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

After trying to eat at the Cheesecake Factory and hearing there was a 90 minute wait, the 6 of us decided on Cantina Mama Lucia. It was close to the Arundel Mills Mall area, but less busy. It was easy to park and interesting restaurant. You pick what you want, give your order & pay for it. Sit down (you can make a reservation as we did) and when they call your number, you pick up your food at the counter. I had Chicken parmesan & my husband had Veal Saltimbocca. The garlic bread was good and our meals were good basic italian food. Cost including a beer & sparkling water was $40. No tipping is required.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Severn, Maryland
“Disappointed in Management from such a great restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Our company received a promotional packet from Mamma Lucia's including their corporate catering menu. Along with it came several copies of coupons for $5 off any meal. However, the coupons we received that day were already expired by over a week. I stopped by Mamma Lucia's to buy take out dinner on the way home from the office. Not knowing if they would honor them, but expecting them to do so, I ordered dinner. The cashier, perplexed at my comment about the expired coupon didn't seem to think he could honor it. It's only $5 so I let it go. I did however ask him to let me see the manager so I could let them know they were handing out lots of expired coupons. In my attempt to do so, the manager said "if you had let me know before ordering I could have helped you". I replied I did let the cashier know. Again " If you had let me know before I could have helped you." I said it's only $5 not a big deal but wanted to let you know about it. Frustrated with, in my opinion a very poor customer relations attitude, he went to the register and rang out a $5 bill and handed it to me. Okay, by now I am was not a happy camper. I simply took the money and waited for my food. I didn't care that much about the $ I wanted him to know they were sending out outdated coupons and instead of appreciation I received attitude. That being said, Mamma Lucia's food is excellent, but I was so disappointed in such a long time thriving business acting the way they did coming from top management.

• Visited February 2014