“Good Basic Italian Food” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 103 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Discover an authentic Italian restaurant in Hanover, Maryland. Cantina Mamma Lucia serves up delicious, traditional Italian food that your whole family will love. Founded in 1989 by Francesco, Dominick, and Anthony D'Antona, our family-run restaurant combines down-home Italian cooking with originality and creativity. Those same three brothers still own and operate the restaurant and catering service.
Albany, New York
“Good Basic Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

After trying to eat at the Cheesecake Factory and hearing there was a 90 minute wait, the 6 of us decided on Cantina Mama Lucia. It was close to the Arundel Mills Mall area, but less busy. It was easy to park and interesting restaurant. You pick what you want, give your order & pay for it. Sit down (you can make a reservation as we did) and when they call your number, you pick up your food at the counter. I had Chicken parmesan & my husband had Veal Saltimbocca. The garlic bread was good and our meals were good basic italian food. Cost including a beer & sparkling water was $40. No tipping is required.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Severn, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed in Management from such a great restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Our company received a promotional packet from Mamma Lucia's including their corporate catering menu. Along with it came several copies of coupons for $5 off any meal. However, the coupons we received that day were already expired by over a week. I stopped by Mamma Lucia's to buy take out dinner on the way home from the office. Not knowing if they would honor them, but expecting them to do so, I ordered dinner. The cashier, perplexed at my comment about the expired coupon didn't seem to think he could honor it. It's only $5 so I let it go. I did however ask him to let me see the manager so I could let them know they were handing out lots of expired coupons. In my attempt to do so, the manager said "if you had let me know before ordering I could have helped you". I replied I did let the cashier know. Again " If you had let me know before I could have helped you." I said it's only $5 not a big deal but wanted to let you know about it. Frustrated with, in my opinion a very poor customer relations attitude, he went to the register and rang out a $5 bill and handed it to me. Okay, by now I am was not a happy camper. I simply took the money and waited for my food. I didn't care that much about the $ I wanted him to know they were sending out outdated coupons and instead of appreciation I received attitude. That being said, Mamma Lucia's food is excellent, but I was so disappointed in such a long time thriving business acting the way they did coming from top management.

• Visited February 2014
Vadnais Heights
“Good alternative to fast food choices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I travel to this area frequently on business. One evening we were looking for something quick as an alternative to our usual haunts but wanted to avoid the typical national chains in the area. We decided to give the Cantina a try. Overall the food was good, the price was reasonable, and you can't beat the time savings. Be prepared for a "fast food" experience. You walk up to the counter, order your meal (just like McDonald's), sit at your table, and within minutes they call you number. You walk up and pick up your meal. Very clean and the service staff was constantly policing the dining space, clearing tables, and making sure you were a satisified customer. While the sauce was more watery than I prefer (perhaps they didn't drain the pasta long enough) the pasta was cooked perfectly. Definitely made our list of places we will be patronizing.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Acton, Massachusetts
“Pretty Damn Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I ate here while on a business trip. It was fast, it was good and it was a very good value. I had a small greek salad, the veal piccata and a glass of the house chianti for $27. The veal was served with a very nice hunk of garlic bread. The veal was cooked perectly and there were plenty of capers in the sauce. It was all very good. One note, this is a cafeteria style restaurant. I would recommend Cantina Mamma Lucia for a quick and delicious meal.

• Visited January 2014
BOWIE MD
“EXCELLENT MAMMA LUCIA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I go here pretty regular, I've taken many of friends and family here. We're all from NYC, and I was stationed in NAPLES , ITALY for 4 years. This is the real deal

• Visited November 2013