“Nice change” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 104 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Discover an authentic Italian restaurant in Hanover, Maryland. Cantina Mamma Lucia serves up delicious, traditional Italian food that your whole family will love. Founded in 1989 by Francesco, Dominick, and Anthony D'Antona, our family-run restaurant combines down-home Italian cooking with originality and creativity. Those same three brothers still own and operate the restaurant and catering service.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Nice change”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I went there with some co-workers after work one evening. The restaurant is tucked away in what looks like a strip mall but it was only five minutes away from the madness of Arundel Mills and it wasn't overly packed so that was nice.
The setup, as the name implies, is like a cantina. You walk in, place your order, find a table, wait for your number to be called and pick up your food so it's hard to rate the "service" I can say that there was a guy constantly moving around the dining area clearing tables, picking up plates etc.
I shared a plain cheese pizza with a co-worker and it was just okay. Maybe I'm a bit biased because I really like Flippin Pizza. Anyway, the rest of the table ranted and raved about their food (mussels, and I think some sort of pasta with seafood). I'll probably go again and try something else in which case I'll update my review.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Buffalo, New York
“Nice surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Came here with a party of 22 as a last minute choice, and all of a love it! You go up to the counter to order and they call your number, nice casual atmosphere to sit and eat. Staff was very friendly, they had no problem unexpectedly handling our large group, and food was ready really quickly. Some of us had pizza, pasta, calzones, and everyone loved their food.

• Visited August 2013
Houston, Texas
“Nice Little Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed overnight in a nearby hotel and wanted something other than the usual chain restaurants. Mamma's was recommended by the hotel staff, and it was wonderful! Portions are HUGE, food was really good, location was clean, and staff were very friendly. We even got to have a couple of glasses of wine, which was nice after a full day of travel. If you're not a big eater (or start with a half salad), consider sharing with someone else... We did manage to have dessert (although we both took half of our entrees with us!), and it was great as well! Not fancy, but quality food and reasonable prices. Too bad I don't live closer!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool
“Great option to all the Chains in the mall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

When I am in another city I really try to avoid all chain restaurants. I love to eat local. I was thrilled to find this place near Arundle Mills. After reading the reviews we were excited to try it. IT WAS DELICIOUS!!!!! You order at the counter but everything is freshly made and brought to your table. Nice selection of beer and wine. The portions are very big. I wished we had a fridge a the hotel for leftovers. Everything we ordered was hot and very tasty!

“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We happened upon this place for lunch on our drive from Delaware to Ohio. Everything was delicious! We are very sad this wasnt someplace closer to home. Great food! Very clean restautant. Very friendly staff.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere