“#1 for A Reason!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 100 restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Dessert
Beulah, Michigan
“#1 for A Reason!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Forget about being the #1 restaurant in Hanover, MD. Mamma Lucia's could be #1 in many urban areas when it comes to Italian food. Barbara & I had a layover in the BWI area. Along with my sister Lorraine, we decided to take a stab with Mamma. We were soooooooo impressed with the food. The restaurant in located in a small strip mall... do not be deterred. You order your food at the counter... do not be deferred. They take your money at the cash register BEFORE you have any food... do not be deterred. Barbara had the stuffed shells; Lorrie had the eggplant parm; I had the veal parm. We all tasted the three & debated which one was best. We could not make a decision!!! Wonderful, wonderful food. Furthermore, my sister went home with enough extra food for two more meals! (The New York style pizza looked good, too, but we did not partake.) I hope this review helps you make this decision - go the Mamma!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

93% Recommend
Alexandria, Virginia
“This place has changed. Def not your local Olive Garden”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I had one of their lunch buffets back in 2011. And now in 2013; Wow, this place is different and better. The staff wear matching shirts, the place has expanded, and the buffet is better than before. This is not your local Olive Garden. To the owner, your improvements have made me a believer (I will eventually pick you up on the gourmet pizza once promised). Great place to enjoy a meal. The price versus food is a great deal. I noticed they have dinner prepared meals ready to go (great idea for those last minute meals). I will make this place a norm on the lunch tour. I endorse recommend this place for a good bite.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
BOWIE MD
“I LOVVVVVE THIS PLACE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I LOVVVVVVE THIS PLACE...the food is always fresh, the cooks and servers are always available. Everyone is happy...the restaurant is clean, relaxing. The atmosphere and food make you want to come back everyday. I love the new look....again thanks for the excellent food and excellent service. LITTLE ITALY:)

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Richmond, Virginia
“Good restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

always visit this place when we come to this area. It has been remodeled to accomodate the amount of patrons!

Visited March 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
“Excellent choice for Italian and value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The restaurant provides very tasty food, large portions, quick service, and very reasonable prices. I have eaten here many times and never had a meal that I didn't thoroughly enjoy. Wine is also very reasonably priced---not wine cellar quality, but very good for the price.

It's hard to rate service, because it's a restaurant where you order at the cash register and pick up your meal when your number is called. So it's unfair to compare this kind of service with a traditional restaurant where the wait staff comes to your table to take your order and brings the food.

• Visited February 2013