“Good casual food with a dash of refinery.” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 99 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Dessert
Pelham, Tennessee
“Good casual food with a dash of refinery.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

We went to Mamma Lucia after landing at BWI. It is less than 10 min from the airport. It occupies a large end of a shopping center. It has plenty of seating with tables and booths of various sizes. You walk up to the ordering counter. They have daily specials and a paper menu available. It is also listed on the wall. I believe the menu mentioned they have a buffet during lunch Monday through Friday. We were there at supper time. My husband ordered the stromboli and I the chicken cheese sub. They were both delicious. The chicken sub was prepared just like a cheesesteak sub. The bread was fresh and soft. The chicken seasoned perfectly. A great mixture of flavors in every bite. The stromboli was prepared fresh. In fact they were making a huge batch of dough when we arrived. The dough was a little yeasty flavored which I like. The sauce that was served on the side was not very herby buy very tomato-y. Even though you ordered at the counter and they called your name when ready, the food was served on real plates with real silverware. The pizza that others were eating looked very tasty.
The ambience was pleasant. There was Italian music playing one of which was Andrea Bocelli, which in my opinion is always good.
Not much in service because you pretty much serve yourself but everyone we saw was pleasant and friendly. We will definitely be eating here again on our next trip to Baltimore.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Maryland
“Reopened after expansion and still great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

I returned to the Hanover area on business last week and was happy to see my favorite Italian restaurant was reopened after closing for expansion. Ordered my favorite meal, veal piccata, and it was excellent as usual. The prices haven't gone up either. I also ordered a half pan of chicken brunello for our family who are still in the Hanover area. I was able to use my frequent diner points I had accumulated before we moved away. The pan easily has eight or more sizable portions. I must always make CML a stop on every trip to Maryland.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dillwyn, Virginia
“Good Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

The food was hot and was as expected. The oder was placed at counter and when your number is called you served yourself.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Severn
“Ambience?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Ambience, yeah, great, but you don't eat ambience, you eat the food, and the food at CML is the equal or maybe a touch better than the Italian cuisine at more famous; i.e.more propagandized, places like Little Italy in Baltimore. When you kick in the pricing and the service CML really goes to the head of the class. Harried? Worn out? Tired of cooking? Drop by for a first-class Italian meal. You'll be glad you did.
P.S. I would say all this even if they didn't give me a birthday certificate.

Joe

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Antonio, Texas
“Authentic Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I moved out of Maryland recently, but I must come back on business occasionally. CML is my favorite Italian restaurant in the area. The pizza is the closest to NY tasting pizza as I have found outside of NYC - no kidding. They are expanding their restaurant to accommodate more people - good thing. I wish them all the success in the world. They held the prices in check and kept the portions big during these economic times. Thank you.

Visited August 2012