“I need to give it another try” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Overland Park, Kansas
“I need to give it another try”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I had high hopes. I like trying local beers wherever I go and in particular comparing their pale ale to my local Boulevard pale ale. Duclaw's Venom pale ale is bad; no other way I can say it. What made it worse was the very poor service at the bar. Bartenders were borderline rude. Searching for something positive to say, I would give the blonde ale a "not bad" rating. As I mentioned above, I love local breweries, so I'll give Duclaw another chance in a few weeks when I'm in town. I'll let you know how it goes.

Visited June 2013

61% Recommend
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Lunch at Brewing Company”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The venue itself is very pleasant and comfortable, located inside the mall and very cool on a hot day; however, the food was not the best. A bit on the greasy side and overall disappointing with flavor and appearance. Perhaps we just did not select the best options that day. Service was good. Not sure we would return.

Visited July 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“If you have outlet mall expectations, you'll be alright ;)”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was staying at the nearby Hilton Garden Inn and had the shuttle drop me at Duclaw for dinner one night after the driver recommended it. Duclaw is in the middle of a MASSIVE outlet mall - even includes a casino. I had no expectations but was pretty disappointed. I opted for the turkey burger without bun, since I'm gluten-free. It clearly was frozen - not good at all. They put it on a bed of lettuce that hadn't been washed. I had asked the server about the mashed cauliflower, which apparently is mixed with potato, and he guided me to the roasted potatoes, which too were clearly frozen. I should have opted for a tasty beverage to wash it all down, but ended up rushing out to get in some decent outlet shopping. I'd take a pass on this one and hit up the Chipotle or Potbelly adjacent to the mall if you're looking for quick eats.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Awesome craft beer, Awesome crab cakes!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Went for dinner by accident here, but what a great accident it turned out to be. We drove down from Boston to see the Orioles play the Red Sox and the Bruins were in the Stanley Cup Finals as well.. We found out last minute that the hotel didn't get the hockey game on tv so we had to find a place that had it on!! We didn't really know our surroundings but the hotel receptionist mentioned there was a Hooters at the local mall. We got to the Arundel Hills Mall ( which was enormous) and were greeted at Hooters by a hostess that said it would be a 2 hour wait!!!! It was a saturday night at 8 pm so it wasn't very surprising.Puck was dropping in 5 minutes!! We walked around the corner and saw DuClaw's.. Place was packed. We had 4 adults and three kids. I saw an open table in the bar area and spoke with the manager. I told him about how we were visiting from Boston and we couldn't miss the Bruins. It was visible on the large tv's in the bar area, he smiled and told us he woul set the table up. We didn't know then, but we were in for a treat. I am a big craft beer guy and it just so happened DuClaws brews their own beer. I was in heaven. The waitress greeted us right away and went over the specials with a smile. I ordered a double I.P.A, Serum. It was phenomenal. We tried a few of their brews and they were all great. The kidshad chicken tender meals that they loved. Homemade chicken tenderloins, not the generic frozen fair you find at other brew pubs. I ordered the crab cake sandwich( we were in Baltimore after all). It was delicious! Bun perfectly toasted with a tangy mayo, crab meat sweet and lighty fried. Scrupmtious. I also tried the fries cooked in duckfat, amazing!!! The place was such a pleasant surprise. So glad Hooters was so busy!! The manager was so great to accomadate us! We watched our team play and enjoy a fantastic dinner! If you are ever in the Baltimore area, don't pass this place up. When we come back to the area again this will def be a place we go again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Not your typical "Mall" food court meal !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We happened upon Duclaw while visiting the Mall,we were looking for a quiet place for lunch, every other restaurant was crowded and noisy. The service was friendly and quick. The food was fresh and flavorful. The Crab cakes were still being "raved" about, the following day. Pleasant surprise overall, we would definitely go back the next time we visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere