“Good burger” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Severn, Maryland
“Good burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Burgers are good, a little more char grilled then i like but good taste and the chips are too. Service was good and the food came quick. Music was a little loud but burgers made up for it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

61% Recommend
Elders
“Good food, good beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I've eaten at the DuClaw a number of times and I've never been disappointed. My favorite dish there is Tuscan Ribeye, delicious steak. The Rosemary and Garlic Roasted Potatoes complement it well.
As for the beer, I'm sorry to say I don't remember what it was called, but they have a very large selection and I liked the one I drank.
I would say the DuClaw is not exactly suited to families with very young kids, but if your young'uns are mature-ish, it should be no problem.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lexington Park, Maryland
“good stuff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Beer was delish (got the double IPA and the black pale ale) but was bummed the seasonal wasn't ready to be served until the following week but the food was also great! Had the nachos and arizona burger with the pepper jack cheese instead of gouda (server's recommendation). Would def like to go back again and try more beer!

Visited October 2012
lompoc, ca
“Excellent food--some of the best I have had!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Thank you for serving fantastic food!! We had the carpaccio with the shaved parmesan, truffle oil and capers. That is a combination that just works absolutely perfectly!!The meat was excellent--tender and flavorful and with the parmesan and capers melting in your mouth and the softness of the truffle oil adding to it, delicious! We also had the duck fries with the 3 dipping sauces. It was really tasty--I liked them all but I especially favored the truffle oil (nice and smooth with a perfect mild flavor to go with the fries)and the vinegar (a little stronger offset to the fries)--just incredible together! We also had the ahi poppers with a dipping sauce-- perfectly in crispiness and a nice smooth flavor perfectly offset with the dipping sauce (what was that by the way--num!). For dinner I had the crabcakes and they were awsome! I live on the Eastern Shore and have had my share of good crabcakes, but these just top any I have had so far. I absolutely loved the combination of the mango salsa with the crab cakes, and the crab tasted so fresh you would think it was caught right before it was served. The flavor was perfect and the cakes cooked to perfection. For dessert we had the mascarpone cheesecake with maple sauce - fantastic! It had the flavor of cheesecake but it was less dense and a lot smoother than regular cheesecake and although it probably isn't lighter than regular cheesecake with less calories, it felt nice and light! Really really good! Thanks for an outstanding meal! The service however wasn't quite up to par with the quality of the food. The server asked more what we wanted to order than trying to sell us on the menu. Maybe a little sales training would benefit the staff?

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando, Florida
“Out of town regular.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I travel to Hanover a lot for work. I have never been to Hanover and not stopped into DuClaw. The skinny: DuClaw is cool. The beer is original and tasty, and the food is local. By local, I mean crab-filled and/or topped goodness. My recommendation: Burger, topped with lump crab meat on a pretzel bun with mustard and a side of fries with a Venom to wash it down. Yummy.

• Visited September 2012