“Good for a long lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine
Severn, Maryland
“Good for a long lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

As other reviewers have stated, the food is quite good. I had the chicken kabob lunch, which I wasn't able to finish, but did take with me for lunch the next day. The food is cooked to order; as a result, if you're going to eat here for lunch, don't expect to be in and out in a short amount of time. The atmosphere is typical for a strip plaza, but the food is very good!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Columbia, Maryland
“Amazing Maiwand Kabob”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Very Wonderful Service and The Food Is Amazing.One of the Best Spots in Maryland.Very Friendly and You always feel Welcomed.But the best Part is The Delicious Appitizers,Entrees,Beverages,Deserts and The Daily Special's.I recommend this to everyone and will always be coming back.
Great Prices!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Elkridge, MD
“Don't do an early lunch here if you are in a hurry”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Although they state their hours as opening at 11am, they did not open the tours until about 11:15 and then we had to wait for food. Perhaps an off day, but disappointing after trying to get an early lunch and once the gentlemen came to open the door there was no apology or explanation to the 6 of us randomly gathered to get it in. Food was very good as it has been in past experiences but this time left me thinking might need to take it out of the rotation or at least especially for any early work day lunch options.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“Excellent kabobs, Reasonable prices, Quick and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I visited Maiwand Kabob by myself on a recent business trip. I ordered the chicken and beef kabob meal. The food is ordered at a counter and brought to the table. I waited about ten minutes for mine, and it was well worth the wait. Everything was hot and fresh and clearly had been cooked to order.

The meat came with a huge piece of naan bread, salad and rice (though I substituted extra salad for the rice at no additional charge). The chicken chunks were perfectly seasoned, moist inside and tasted fantastic. The beef was the same. I like my beef medium-well and this was exactly that. I was impressed by the quantity of food and it was all very good. It came with a mild, mint chutney sort of sauce on the side. I went through all of it - It was also great.

Definitely will return. Highly recommend. Total bill with tax was about $14.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Medina, Ohio
“Quick and far better than fast food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We picked this because we were in a hurry and most of the rest of the options are standard fast food. The gentleman at the counter was born in the Middle East and guided us with great recommendations. We enjoyed the chicken kabob with a side of spinach. It came with a large bread. There was more delicious food than we could eat. I highly recommend it as a great value for the price.

Visited July 2013