“Tasty kebobs at a fair price” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Afghan, Middle Eastern, Moroccan, Afghani
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Baltimore, Maryland
“Tasty kebobs at a fair price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We have been coming to Maiwand Kebob for years and keep coming back. For appetizers try the Mantwo and Pumpkin. The veggie samosas are great as well. Mantwo might be gone so go early to try this. The kebobs portions include about 8 large pieces of meat and the Naan/bread is made there. Try the Naan there as this can get hard if you decide on take out. Chickpee curry is a nice veggie dish too. Be sure to ask for some white rice to go with it. The yogurt sauce with the kebobs is not spicy and goes great with the meat. The rice has cinnamon in it so if you do not want this ask for white rice. Definitely give Maiwand kebobs a chance.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
Hanover, Maryland
“For a change a pace in food...good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Good selection of food and affordable. I enjoy the atmosphere, and the employees are very nice. The food is a cultural experience and the amount could be shared by two.

Visited August 2012
maryland
“Garbage compared to the one in Columbia”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I was so bummed out when I tried this location. I met a friend for lunch thinking it would be very good as I go to the one on Dobbin in Columbia quite often and it is awesome. This was not even close to the same experience. First we waited a good 45 minutes for our food, then it was wrong! They gave me a spicy chicken version instead of the regular. Lastly, the meat was really dry, the salad and sides were just crap and small compared to the sides at the Columbia location. Also the wait staff here paled in comparison. The servers at the Columbia location are attentive and bring your food on real plates and there is nice music to listen to. It's pretty inside and calm. Here they just yell out numbers and throw a plastic plate at you with the wrong food on them. I rarely write reviews this bad but I was mortified and embarassed as I had chosen this place for my gal pal catch up. I cannot even believe they are the same restaurant. I will NEVER come to the Arundel location again. Do yourself a favor and hit up the Dobbin rd location.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Descent - hot naan bread”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

ordered 3 combo plates (chicken, lamb and minced beef) and some extra bread. The meet was good, lean and nicely spiced. The kids enjoyed the freshly made bread. Limited menu and waited over 10 minutes for our food.

Visited March 2013
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Delicious Middle Eastern food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Not really a sit-down restaurant (you order your food at the counter, then they bring it out to you when it's ready), Maiwand Kabob is one of my favorite places to go for a healthy, tasty meal that I don't have to prepare, and that is very reasonably priced. With both meat and vegetarian options available (lamb, beef, chicken kabobs and curries on the meat side, vegetarian platters and lots of delicious appetizers if you prefer the vegetarian options), we've enjoyed everything there so far. My favorite is their chicken kabob, accompanied by a delicious cinnamon-spiced rice pilaf, fresh salad, and their unbeatable naan, which comes straight from the baker to you. It's some of the best naan I've ever had, and I look forward to that every time I go to Maiwand Kabob! I've also tried their mango and strawberry shakes, which are really tasty.

• Visited March 2013