“Two thumbs way, way up!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 103 Restaurants in Hanover
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Hanover, Maryland
“Two thumbs way, way up!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

With the 20% military discount, Nando's is actually cheaper than the nearby Burger King, and way healthier. You can't beat that Peri Peri flavor. Try the halloumi wrap. It's to die for! Honestly, if you don't know, you better find out!

Visited June 2014

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Great for lunch ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I believe this was a South African inspired restaurant. All the entrees are chicken and I got the chicken grilled in their hot flavored sauce and it was darn good. They have one of those special soda creation machines for your drink. Overall the price was average for what you pay for lunch. Wasn't disappointed at all.

Lexington Park, Maryland
“Very Spicy! If you don't like hot food, then don't bother.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I don't like hot food, but my wife wanted to try this place anyway so we did. It's a very nice place, and it gets great reviews, however there wasn't much I could eat. Everything seemed to be spicy, even the mashed peas. My favorite things were the garlic bread and grilled corn. otherwise, I had to eat the chicken plain because all the sauces were too spicy. The chicken is of course the whole reason to come here, so I found out it's not my kind of place. I don't want to give it a bad rating because there isn't anything wrong with it, but I just don't like it. I just wanted to put out for others like me not to bother trying. You'll just be disappointed.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
“Try Something Different!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

My family and I recently went to the Arundel Mills Mall, in Hanover , Maryland. I had read up on the connection between Portugal spice trade and Africa (we are going to Lisbon in November) and was intrigued by the connection. I am a vegetarian and the main course is chicken using a peri-peri spice that become quite hot if marinated long enough. All of their chicken is marinated for 24 hours, but you can decide the hotness of your meal. As a vegetarian, I found a lot of options; and even my wife and I shared a butternut squash/roasted corn/eggplant/couscous salad that was divine!!! No one in our group decided to go beyond a "medium" hot spice; so take your chances. As a vegetarian, I had a wrap with a portabella/feta cheese/and veggies. Simple delicious.
The serving/waitress style is a bit unorthodox but it doesn't change the taste. You remember your table number; go up to the counter and order what you would like (REMEMBER how hot you want it); pay and the waitresses bring you your meal. I was ecstatic with my meal. I had my wife; son, and a friend of his 9age 14) and everyone was delighted. Namaste!!!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, MD
“Love Nandocas' Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Our first time at this place, we were pleasantly surprised. The chicken is bold and flavorful, but not overwhelming. We both loved Nandocas' Choice (Peri-Peri chicken breast in mango-lime flavor topped with the creamy coleslaw between 2 slices of garlic bread). The sandwich was balanced perfectly between the spicy chicken and cool coleslaw. The garlic toast gave it that extra kick. The fries I could take or leave, but we both loved the butternut squash and grilled corn side. We didn't have room for dessert.

The only downside was the service, which was spotty. The hostess who was supposed to seat us was MIA and we had to ask other patrons how to order. Empty tables weren't cleared of dirty dishes and silverware was scarce. Hopefully other locations have better service.

• Visited May 2014