“Comfortable stay after 5 hour drive” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
Virginia
“Comfortable stay after 5 hour drive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We were 4 adults staying at this hotel last Sunday night for our first visit to Maryland Live Casino. Our first impression was “why were all those people hanging around the front entrance” – turns out they were a bus group getting ready to leave for an evening function. There were also folks hanging around the breakfast lobby area playing cards and mingling. The postage stamp size pool was full though only 5 kids were in it. The gym was probably the length of 5 cars with plenty of machines and workout equipment. Staff is very friendly. They offered $15 vouchers for the casino (that’s $15 per day so $30 for each of us). We needed extra towels and fitted sheets for the sleep sofa which were delivered promptly. Room for 4 adults was ample though we were in it for less than 24 hours – 2 queen beds and an L-shaped sleep sofa, a sink/microwave/refrigerator counter. Bathroom was in the center of the room – toilet and shower behind the door and sink just outside.

We took the shuttle to and from the casino and never waited more than 5 minutes. The shuttle driver had words with someone at the shuttle stop as we were leaving the casino - we had called so when he pulled up we jumped into the last 4 seats. A couple waiting had been waiting but hadn’t called so he told them he would be back in 5 minutes just for them.

Coffee/tea available 24 hours near front desk as well as apples and lollipops. Breakfast was your typical hotel hot breakfast – they ran out of sausage gravy but everything else ample and tasty. Coffee was delicious. The bus group was lolling around the breakfast area until their bus arrived but we managed to find space for 4 (2 at a time at a table). This hotel and entire area looks fairly new with many eating chains and other hotel options. There is also the mall which we did not visit. Prepare for the busy pace of the traffic.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Karen I, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Hello,

Thank you so much for your detailed review of our hotel and of your stay. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of some of our amenities. I truly appreciate your feedback and hope to see you back with us again in the future.

Karen Inferrere

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This is a good base for a longer term stay--the suite is about the same size of a normal hotel room, but there's a slight partition that creates a nice living room space. We used it for an early bedtime. Free internet and good free breakfast. The indoor pool is small--there is also a hot tub that wasn't working. I was also pleased to discover a coin laundry room on the 3rd floor.

Room Tip: Coin laundry on 3rd floor.
Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Karen I, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Hello,

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and truly appreciate the feedback. We hope to see you back with us again soon.

Boise, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Okay, first and foremost, I had to sign a statement indicating I would not have a party on their premises. No problem. I was travelling with my wife and three children. No parties going on there. Unfortunately, when we checked in, we had to make our way around a party that the staff allowed to go on until well after 2AM in FRONT of their building. I didn't mind dodging the partiers with my suitcases, but the problem became apparent when we got to our room. There were several people who had to have been drinking who were laughing loudly, yelling, and generally whooping it up, with all that sound coming straight up to our hotel room on the second floor. Not great, considering we had a 7AM flight that we had to get up for at 5:30 AM. And it made my having to sign that "No-party pledge" all the more insulting. When the front desk clerk asked me about my stay, I told him flatly that our room was directly above that mess out front, and the night man was standing right there who had allowed it to go on for most of the night. I think I got a feeble apology, but really, thanks to that party, I got less than three hours sleep. I am not even sure why I paid for a hotel room. I was asked to report parties as part of my no-party pledge, but seriously. The front desk man was right there listening to it and letting it happen. I didn't need to report it. I was not aware when booking this last night of our trip that a casino was in the area, and if I had known, I would have booked the other Springhill Suites in the BWI area, which is older and less polished looking, but in a much better area for those flying out early. Simply put, stay away, unless you are a casino-goer who wants to live it up.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here if you value sleep. Period.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Karen I, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Hello,

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us. I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you had while visiting. As you stated, we do have a no party policy. This is primarily in place to prevent parties in rooms in which guests are most definitely affected and disturbed. We do try our best to keep guests quiet while hanging out in the lobby area, although we do not know that others are being disturbed if we are not notified. I understand our Front Desk Representative was standing right there and could hear them but he did not do anything because he didn't know the noise was bothering anyone. I'm terribly sorry this affected your sleep and stay as we would have happily quieted the group if we had known.

Agian, I appreciate your feedback and am sorry about the noise. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this further.

Karen
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

My family of 5 stayed their recently as a rest stop before we flew out of BWI the next morning. The rate of the hotel was excellent and the room and amenities were very good. The front desk staff were very nice. The location in proximity to the airport is great, and the selection of restaurants close to the hotel were great.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Karen I, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Hello,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us! We are so happy you enjoyed the hotel and the area. We appreciate you giving us a try and truly hope you stay with us the next time you are in the area.

Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Typical SpringHill Suites. Typical suites, good staff,warm welcome. However I encountered serious Internet connectivity issues for 2 out of 5 days of my stay. Furthermore, even when I reported the problem about 2AM, it was not fixed in the morning. On the other side - when it worked - it was great (speed about 20Mbps down and about 10Mbps up).
I had bit better breakfast in other hotels of this chain. It appears they alternate between cold cuts and waffles. I don't eat waffles, but I love cold cuts, so I am bit biased, and disappointed at the same time... Eggs are always available for breakfast.
Another issue - there was some sort of hair (pubic ?) glued to the wall of the bathtub stall during my entire stay. A crawling insect of some sort had to be killed on the wall. Those tings happen, I understand, but hotel looses its reputation if they happen too often...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Karen I, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Hi there,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm so sorry for the issues you had with your suite. The internet issues are very frustrating and I'm happy to say they have been resolved. I apologize for having to deal with that. The other issues will be addressed with the appropriate staff and will be resolved as well.
I appreciate your take on our breakfast, we, as a brand updated our breakfast about a year ago to include the rotational item you spoke of, all feedback is helpful. Thanks!

We will do outr best to take your feedback a make changes to improve, thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we are doing.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

The Maid left Dirty towels on the floor and when called to replace them it took 2 hrs. The day of check out the Maid kept knocking on the door rushing us out and when did leave not realizing we mistakenly left 3 $50.00 bills on the dresser. Went back to get the money and it was gone that quick... and my best friend noticed her WHITE GOLD NECKLACE WAS ALSO GONE out of her suitcase. Don't. Stay here.

• Stayed June 2014
Karen I, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I'm so sorry your experience was not a good one. So you are aware, my staff spoke with your best friend about her missing necklace, it was at home, not at the hotel. I guess she hasn't had a chance to let you know that. I understand the housekeeping issues of the towels and knocking on the door and will address the staff involved. We pride ourselves on or staff service and will make sure we improve based on your feedback.
In regards to claiming our room attnedants are theives, I assure you that our veteran staff are not. Like I stated earlier, after returning home your friend called, very apologeticly, stating her necklace was at there and not at the hotel. I appreciate the useful feedbcak in regards to our services and thank you for your time.

Brooklyn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Stayed here June 6 - 8, 2014. Modern, clean and comfortable room. In the livingroom there is a desk, chair and sofa with chaise lounge. Kitchenette area has sink, microwave, small fridge & coffee maker. Bedding was lily white. Bed was comfortable and pillows were soft (which I hate) but there were six on the bed so able to stack them to my comfort level. Bathroom was clean with good amount of towels and washcloths. I missed breakfast during my stay but tea and coffee is always available in the lobby. Lobby has a freezer with Hot Pockets, frozen meals & ice cream to purchase along with other snacks & toiletries. There is a shuttle bus to take you to the mall, casino & restaurants. Will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Hi there,

Thank you so much for your detailed review of your stay and our hotel. I'm excited to hear you had such a great experience! Your feedack is greatly appreciated and we hope you stay with us the next time you are in the area!

Karen Inferrere

Been to SpringHill Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport? Share your experiences!