“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
Dayton, Ohio
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed for two nights and enjoyed the experience. The staff is very polite and attentive, the lobby very nice and the rooms clean and well-kept. The hotel currently has a Manager's Special where they serve mini-meals from 1730-1900 M-F. The room was equipped with a small fridge, microwave, sink and shelves. It also had a small sitting area and a large t.v. The hotel has a pool and a small gym and a small guest laundry. Definitely a good place to staff, if you can afford the price,

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Karen I, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Hi there,

Thanks you so much for staying with us. We truly appreciate all your specific feedback. You’d be surprised at how much it helps us improve and/or continue doing what we are doing. I genuinely appreciate all the time you took to let us know what you think about us. We hope you return for another great stay! I will make sure the rest of them know how much you enjoyed your time with us!

Karen Inferrere

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Pros: It has a great location as it's only a quick jaunt to Baltimore and Washington D.C.. There is also a new Casino at the shopping center across the street. They have a free continental breakfast, internet, and plenty of parking. I did see laundry room for guests, however I didn't utilize these. They also have a small indoor pool and exercise room. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The room we had was clean and well kept. The room we stayed in had a microwave, small fridge, coffee maker, and sink. They are within walking distance to The Greene Turtle restaurant along with subway. Greene Turtle also delivers to the hotel.

Cons: Myself nor the other travelers I was with found the pillows to be comfortable. If driving, I would suggest bringing your own pillow. Also, the water was never cold and warm to hot. No easy way to get to the shopping center as there are no sidewalks but maybe in the future the hotels will provide a shuttle to the shopping center/casino. The sitting area is not a separate room, so if you have kids and need a door they did not have this here.

Overall a clean well kept hotel with friendly staff that caters towards the business traveler.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Hi there,

Thanks you so much for staying with us. We truly appreciate all your specific feedback. You’d be surprised at how much that helps us improve and/or continue doing what we are doing. I genuinely appreciate all the time you took to let us know how we are doing. Also, we do have a 24 hours shuttle that will take you anywhere with-in a 5 miles radius of the hotel. I wish our front desk explained this information to you at check-in, sorry about that. We hope you return again, soon! I will make sure the rest of them know how much you enjoyed your time with us!

Stuttgart, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

This hotel is good for business travelers. A continental breakfast and free internet are included, and the hotel is a three minute drive from the huge Arundel Mills mall and shopping complex. There is a small pool and hot tub (both indoors), and a washer/dryer if you need to wash your clothes. Internet works well, the rooms are quiet and comfortable, and the staff is helpful and friendly. I have absolutely no complaints about this hotel.

Room Tip: A room further from the elevators will be quieter.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hi there,

Thank you so much for staying with us. I’m sorry it has taken so long to respond to your review. We truly appreciate all your specific feedback. You’d be surprised at how much it helps us improve and/or continue doing what we are doing. I genuinely appreciate all the time you took to let us know what you think of our hotel and staff. We hope you return for another great stay! I will make sure the rest of them know how much you enjoyed your time with us!

Hoover, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

The room was great - clean, comfortable and had everything I needed for my stay (fridge, microwave, etc.). I thought the grounds and common areas were well kept. I'd rate it a 5 star if the price was lower but I do realize how close I was to the airport so expect to pay top dollar in this area. Across the street from a hugh mall with restaurants all around. Good location and convienent to the airport.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Stuttgart, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

The location is right across the street from the mall. Not only do they have breakfast, but they have desserts every night and a dinner buffet some nights. The staff is nice and the room are clean and LARGE.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Manchester, New Hampshire, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

This is a very basic hotel near BWI. The location is great - convenient to the airport, but also across the way from Arundel Mills which is like a mall on steroids. The hotel itself is a little worn, but we knew this was not a luxury site. You get what you're paying for and if you just need a convenient place to stay, this is a good spot. Your stay comes with a breakfast buffett and manager's social at night which was a nice treat with chicken and burgers and beer. The shuttle drivers were friendly and prompt when picking us up from the Mills. We had a car but opted for the shuttle since it was so easy.

Room Tip: We paid more for a room with extra sitting area and two beds. The extra space was nice since there w...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Hi there,

Thank you so much for staying with us. I’m sorry it has taken so long to respond to your review. We truly appreciate all your specific feedback. You’d be surprised at how much it helps us improve and/or continue doing what we are doing. I genuinely appreciate all the time you took to let us know what you think of our hotel and staff. We hope you return for another stay and it is more than average next time. We will be renovated at the end of this year and agree we are getting a little worn. Again, thanks for staying!

Albuquerque
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

After arriving at 1:00 AM, it took 5 phone calls to an unbelievably rude and unhelpful front desk manager to get a shuttle after a nearly 1 hour wait. We never received an apology, only a cold shoulder upon checkin. In hundreds of Marriott stays, this was the first time I have ever been treated this way by a Marriott staff member. No matter how nice a hotel may be, the treatment by the staff reflects on the entire operation.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to SpringHill Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport? Share your experiences!